Recommended Read: X-Man Working With Brooks Johnson To Get His Career Back On Track
Cool Piece On Private School Setup For Elite Distance Runners Remember this piece came out on April 1, 2009.
Biggest Jamaican Track Meet Taking Place Now
- Results From First Day Of Boys' And Girls' Jamaican Champs
- Big Money At Jamaica's Boys' And Girls' Champs
LRC April Fools Homepage Reactions Yesterday was our annual April Fools homepage and a lot of people fell for it including an FBI agent, a running agent, a journalist, a first time visitor to the site, a p***** off conservative, and some regulars. We didn't get any threats of lawsuits like in 2004, but the emails and anonymous phone calls were pretty funny. We recap them all.
In Case you Missed It: 2009 LetsRun.com April Fools' Homepage
Track Never Takes A Break: Weekend Action:
*Fam And Other Olympians To Race Carlsbad 5k On April 5
*Check Out the Lineups For Sunday's Paris Marathon
*Texas Relays Preview
*Martin Fagan Returning Home For Great Ireland Run Vs. Paul Tergat
The Week That Was/ World XC Recap We break down World XC and wonder whether any American could have won the junior boys race, give props to Moses Kipsiro, tell you why the Kenyan system is broken, try to save World XC for the future, tell you why Dathan Ritzenhein's big XC win from 2005 may not have in reality been a big win, analyze how steep the course was and give you exclusive post-race interviews with Kim Smith, Ryan Gregson and Julie Culley. Plus we give you the scoop on the post-race party thrown by the Prince and the challenge Ryan Gregson issued German Fernandez.
Star Asbel Kiprop Kicked Out Of Kip Keino's Camp Kiprop, 20, has apparently been bringing his lady into camp.
Women Track Stars In The News
- Natlia Dobrynskya Udates Her Online Journal
- Botswana's Amantle Montsho Wins Sportsperson Of The Year
- Kelly Sotherton Talks About Having Guts To Win
- Double Olympic Champ Kelly Holmes On Her New Post-Athletic Pursuits
- Steph Twell In Tears After Amman Letdown
World XC *Results *LRC Photos *Race
*Live Message Board Updates
Men: Gebre Gebremariam Gets Gold The men's finish was crazy. The final 600-800m is straight uphill and there were close to 15 guys in contention. Gebremariam timed it perfectly and bolted to his first world title. Gebremariam was a world junior champ in 2002 and in 2004 was runner-up to the great Bekele in both the long course and short course races. The Kenyan men did beat the Ethiopians on the tiebreaker for the team title, but they did not get the one title they want most, the men's individual champion, which unbelievably they have not won for 11 years. OSU's Ryan Vail led the US men. *Results
We Know Why You're Looking Forward To The Weekend: Sweet Races
- Cherry Blossom Ten Miler Is This Weekend
- USA Minnesota Sending A Few Runners To Road Races
- Awesome Carlsbad 5k Fields Announced
- Sweet Road Races On Both Coasts This Weekend
- W&M's Colonial Relays Are Here
- Vienna Marathon Elite Entrants Announced
Random Stuff That's Sort Of Linked To Running
- Michael Jordan Now Publically Supporting Chicago 2016 Bid
- Spanish Steeplechaser Jose Luis Blanco And Buddy Catch Thieves On Foot
- Seb Coe Revisits New Zealand, His Past, And Nick Willis' Chances At Gold
- Athletics Kenya Wants To Protect Athletes Who Are Lured To Bahrain and Qatar
- NCAA Rule Barring Legal Representation For Athletes Is Struck Down
- 2 Years Later, Athletes Get Paid By Keino Sports Marketing
3 Recommended Reads
1. History Lesson: Belayneh Densamo Recalls His 1988 World Record In Rotterdam That Stood For 10 Years "No, I don’t think we’ll ever see that. Maybe 2:02, 2:01 something, but under 2:00, I just don’t think any man can do that."
2. Pat Butcher On World Cross-Country And Why It Used To Matter "The only thing that can revive the corpse [world xc] is for the rest of the world to recognise, like the Americans have done, that there are no easy options or short cuts. It's long, hard training. That’s all!
3. Edwin Moses Speaks Out On Drugs And Dwain Chambers
Not April Fools: Doug Logan And Mary Wittenberg Announce June 3rd As National Running Day
*USATF Press Release
*Interview With Virginia Brophy Achman - Twin Cities Marathon Race Director - About National Running Day
*USA vs. Jamaica Sprint Meets To Start In 2010
*USA And Jamaica Agree To Sprint Clash
*Jamaica's Boys' And Girls' Athletics Championships Being Held This Week
*Preview Of Boys' and Girls' Champs In Jamaica
*Jamaican High Schools Win Big Money For Event Wins!
- Kenyan Coach Kirwa Truly Disappointed That Individual Victories Slipped Away
- Economic Downturn Is Hurting Some Kenyan Runners For The Time Being
Scientists Claim Each Human Has A Perfect Running Pace Rojo's current ideal pace is about 9:00/mile.
- Micah Kogo Breaks 10k World Best In Brunssum Holland Kogo got the bronze at 10k last year at the Olympics and had run 27:07 on the roads in 2006.
- Prague Half Marathon Report (Course Records Fall)
- Deena Kastor Wins Over Tera Moody In Her Return
- Ethiopians Dominate Ukrop's 10k -Dan Browne 4th In 28:50
- S. Africa Caster Semenya's Bid To Break 2 Comes Up Short As She Runs 2:05 For 800
April Fools Archives:
Judging from the emails and phone calls, a lot of viewers fell for our 2009 April Fools homepage.
We were threatened with a lawsuit for our 2004 edition.
LRC World XC Coverage
LRC Post Race Coverage: We break down World XC and wonder whether any American could have won the junior boys race, give props to Moses Kipsiro, tell you why the Kenyan system is broken, try to save World XC for the future, tell you why Dathan Ritzenhein's
big XC win from 2005 may not have in reality been a big win, analyze
how steep the course was and give you exclusive post-race interviews
with Kim Smith, Ryan Gregson and Julie Culley. Plus we give you the scoop on the post-race
party thrown by the Prince and the challenge Ryan Gregson issued German Fernandez. You can watch the races online here, read recaps,/see results here, and see photos here.
Friday: The Press Conference, German Fernandez And His Injury And Saif Shaheen The world record holder Shaheen apparently has caught Fernandez mania, saying, "German Fernandez, LetsRun.com, German Fernandez, LetsRun.com." Surreal.
Thursday: Rojo Interviews The US Team / Sees German Fernandez Running Story plus video interviews with Bobby Curtis, Ed Moran, and Julie Culley.
*Installment #4: "In America, Everyone Is Alone"
Wednesday: Analyzing German Fernandez's Chances For A Medal: History Says He'll Have His Hands Full
Tuesday: Rojo's Blog: The Flight And Day 1 A fascinating read on driving backwards down the highway, US team member Bobby Curtis possibly taking a cab to Iraq, 11 espressos, and much more.
Photos: *Photos Of The Teams Practicing *Rojo's Blog Photos
Our Top 4 Running Events Of The Weekend
1. Fortis Rotterdam Marathon - Loaded field
2. Carlsbad 5k - Fam goes for 13:24 American record?
3. Great Ireland Run - Martin Fagan vs. Paul Tergat
4. Texas Relays
Stories From Japan
LRC: The Week That Was 2009
*Week 12: Training advice from Hall, Goucher wins in Lisbon and Port-a-Potties in Boston.
*Week 11: NCAAs, Gate River, what Eli Manning and Galen Rupp have in common.
*Week 10: Last chance, European Indoor, D. Chambers and Diamond League.
*Week 9: USAs, NCAA conferences, World's Best 10k.
Ryan Hall Interview With Running Times "You gotta choose your battles. So for me, that battle is the marathon in Boston."