President Obama Announces New Education Initiative "More LetsRun.com for youngsters," says Mr. President.
Doug Lowgan Announces New Half-Day Olympic Trials Schedule - Raises Medal Bar To 85 Lowgan: "We Americans certainly don't want to appear entitled, but anything less than 85 track and field medals would be a disgrace." *Update: Van Comeheretome Wants 86!
- Wejo busted for Viagra
- Rojo busted for Viagra
- JK busted for HGH
... and Viagra
... and Tongkat Ali
Star Asbel Kiprop Kicked Out Of Kip Keino's Camp Kiprop, 20, has apparently been bringing his lady into camp.
Women Track Stars In The News
- Natlia Dobrynskya Updates Her Online Journal
- Botswana's Amantle Montsho Wins Sportsperson Of The Year
- Kelly Sotherton Talks About Having Guts To Win
- Double Olympic Champ Kelly Holmes On Her New Post-Athletic Pursuits
- Steph Twell In Tears After Amman Letdown
World XC *Results *LRC Photos *Race
*Live Message Board Updates
Men: Gebre Gebremariam Gets Gold The men's finish was crazy. The final 600-800m is straight uphill and there were close to 15 guys in contention. Gebremariam timed it perfectly and bolted to his first world title. Gebremariam was a world junior champ in 2002 and in 2004 was runner-up to the great Bekele in both the long course and short course races. The Kenyan men did beat the Ethiopians on the tiebreaker for the team title, but they did not get the one title they want most, the men's individual champion, which unbelievably they have not won for 11 years. OSU's Ryan Vail led the US men. *Results
Women: Florence Kiplagat, Kenya Women Win Kiplagat blew by Linet Masai on the brutal uphill finish for the win and the team title. Masai had been clear of the field an looked to be on the way to the title. Julie Culley was the 1st American in 21st. *Women's Results
Junior Men: Ayele Abshero And Kenya Abshero of Ethiopia got the individual win, but the Kenyan men battled back for the team title. German Fernandez was a very respectable 11th, with Chris Derrick 15th and Luke Puskedra 30th. The highly-touted US men (with 2 frosh who were top 7 at NCAA XC, plus German Fernandez) were 5th. *Junior Men Results
Junior Women Genzebe Dibaba And Ethiopia Win The third Dibaba sister, Genzebe, came out on top, as the Ethiopian women beat Kenya on the tiebreaker. The UK had 2 in the top 15. Neely Spence, daughter of former World Champs marathon bronze medallist, Steve, was 19th. *Results
LRC In Amman Friday Update #2: The Press Conference & German's Injury Fernandez had a shining debut press conference as he was introduced
star of the indoor season and came across
as a class act committed to doing all he can for the USA. He is in a boot but going to compete. Plus an interview with US junior girls #1 Neely Spence (Read Her 4 Blogs From Amman - Locals Yell To Her: "Go Blondie!") and confirmation that world record holder Stephen Cherono both visits LetsRun.com and is impressed by German. *Photos: The
*MB Thread: Fernandez is in a boot but running
- Galen Rupp Has Most Impressive NCAA Meet Ever, Shows Incredible Finishing Speed
- American High School Freshman Runs 14:18.42 for 5k, LetsRun.com Gets Emails Wondering If He's Doping
- LetsRun.com Rojo Wins NCAA Regional Coach of the Year Award
- Jeremy Wariner Dumps Coach Clyde Hart Just Before Olympics
- Marion Jones Gets Out of Prison for Lying to Federal Prosecutors, Tells Oprah She Never Knowingly Doped
- LetsRun.com Redesigns Homepage
- Usain Bolt Runs 19.30 and 9.69 (Letting Up 20 Yards From the Finish)
- Wejo Advocates Performance Enhancer in NY Times
- Rojo-Coached Athlete Qualifies For NCAAs In Track
- Tom McArdle Runs For 2 Weeks Without Injury
- Galen Rupp Credits LRC Boards For His Success
- Bruce Hyde signs up for Biggest Loser XC All-American Edition
- Kenyan Coach Kirwa Truly Disappointed That Individual Victories Slipped Away
- Economic Downturn Is Hurting Some Kenyan Runners For The Time Being
Scientists Claim Each Human Has A Perfect Running Pace Rojo's current ideal pace is about 9:00/mile.
- Micah Kogo Breaks 10k World Best In Brunssum Holland Kogo got the bronze at 10k last year at the Olympics and had run 27:07 on the roads in 2006.
- Prague Half Marathon Report (Course Records Fall)
- Deena Kastor Wins Over Tera Moody In Her Return
- Ethiopians Dominate Ukrop's 10k -Dan Browne 4th In 28:50
- S. Africa Caster Semenya's Bid To Break 2 Comes Up Short As She Runs 2:05 For 800
LRC: Stanford Invite Distance Carnival Recap
*Results Arkansas' Shawn Forrest got a dominating 5k win in 13:28 over US Olympian Jonathan Riley (13:38). Olympians Jen Rhines (4:18.96) and Ian Dobson (3:46.36) and NCAA 5k champ Chris Solinsky (3:43.36) all ran and lost. 2004 Olympian Kate O'Neill won the 10k in 33:02.
LRC World XC Coverage
Rojo spends $60 on head scarf given away for free at meet.
LRC: The Week That Was 2009
*Week 12: Home and garden: Rojo explains how to maintain a proper home decorum.
*Week 11: NCAAs, aka some meet Rojo's guys don't seem to make.
*Week 10: JK, aka the Grand Poobah of Relationships, offers his top 10 relationship tips (#1 - No fat chicks!).
Perhaps You Want This Page
Stories From Japan
Jeremy Wariner And LaShawn Merritt News
Ryan Hall Interview With Running Times "You gotta choose your battles. So for me, that battle is the marathon in Boston."