Wonder what Ryan Hall will do...
43 mins ·
Weather Advisory: March 9, 2015
The current weather forecast for Sunday, March 15th calls for record high heat. The weather conditions pose a high level of risk for marathoners and all participants should be advised of the following:
What the ASICS LA Marathon is doing:
- Increasing supply of aid, including water and Gatorade Endurance Formula at all 24 aid stations
- Providing 'cooling buses' along the course and at the finish line
- Providing cooling fans, cold sponges, cold towels and ice
- Extending the length of time finish line services will be available
- Providing updates with additional resources added to event
Everyone who participates should strongly consider running at a slower pace than they would normally plan to run a marathon. If you're not accustomed to running in high temperatures, slow down and enjoy the experience.
We will make every effort to keep our runners well-informed throughout the week with race alerts and advice from Keck Medicine of USC. Please check back to our website, Facebook and Twitter pages for regular updates.