I have read some old AFIB threads and thought I would restart a discussion should there still be some running AFIBBERS out there!
It is likely I will have some AFIB during the healing process (and I do) and my AFIB heart rate now after the ablation is around 90 to 115. Right after the procedure it was 58 until I went into AFIB. But I understand that heart rates go up after the procedure. So here are some of my questions for any AFIBBING runners out there and I thank anyone in advance for posting:
- Has anyone run with AFIB after they had an abalation? If so, what can I expect? If not, why not?
- Does your heart "feel" different running after an ablation either with or without heart rhythm meds. I am on flec and feel a little tightness in my chest which I heard is a side effect of the meds?
- If you are an AFIBBER with or without an ablation, do you run with a heart monitor and if so how do you use it relative to your AFIB when you are running?
- If you are a runner who had an ablation, how many ablations did you need before things settled down?
- What other advice would you have for a AFIBBING runner who is post ablation? Did anyone experience AFIB well beyond the so called blanking period (the period where your heart is supposedly still irritated from the procedure and therefore can go into afib, flutter, or throw extra beats at you)?
- Any training advice?
Thanks much and wishing a AFIBBING runners NSR,