Quote Of The Day
“I literally did not know running had workouts in it. I never watched track. I watched the Olympics, but I was like, ‘Oh, track’s boring. I don’t want to watch.’ So I never watched those events … I watched gymnastics, figure skating, all the fun sports …”
“I was so ignorant. My mind is blown, like, ‘Bethany, what were you doing?’ I just didn’t understand running at all. I had no idea people were training for it.”
– Bethany Sachtleben, a 2:31:20 US marathoner, talking about how she didn’t know what to do when she walked on to the George Mason team and coach Andy Gerard told her to go out and do 1k repeats.
- Bizarre: USATF calls US indoors in NY a "success" but then announces it won't be going back there in 2020 like it was supposed to
- Leanna Irby pulls a Sammy Watson. Struggling (by her lofty standards) as a collegian, the solution is to .... go pro early
- WTF: 1:59 Russian EPO cheat busted both for using Crimean passport of childhood friend to get around Russian ban
- Runner Still Missing After Disappeaering during Malaysian Race
- Non Vaporfly4% wearers prayers about to be answered!!!
- Chances of Mo Farah beating Kipchoge in London?
- Emily Sisson will break the AR at London
- Does living in a hilly area effect your running quality and quantity?