Quote Of The Day
“Athletics has huge strength. It is truly global and remains the No. 1 Olympic sport.”
“However, I am also a realist and know that my sport faces some significant challenges which, unless addressed head on, could damage the very future of athletics in the years ahead as more and more young people are drawn to other sports and competing distractions.”
“While there is no need for panic, just like any modern organisation, the athletics family needs to accept that the sport is entering a new era.”
“This is time for creativity and action as we endeavour to understand and engage with the next generation of athletes and fans.”
– Seb Coe writing in a column about the changes he’d make as IAAF head. Today, Coe will formally announce his election manifesto, “Growing Athletics in a New Age.”
Super Hot on LetsRun: Jordan Hasay drops out after going out over 3 hour pace
- 2014 USATF National Club XC, NIKE BTC team to beat
- Who do you WANT to see win Footlocker?
- FLN and NXN predictions: YOUR TOP 3 - time to put up watchoutxcrankings
- Really? NYTimes: "Even Tylenol has been shown to boost endurance performance by 2 percent."
- The luckiest man in world history
- All in your 40s/50s: Has your cohort blown up as many marriages as mine?
- Is "hands up, don't shoot" the greatest lie of our time?