Quote Of The Day
“A local company were paying me £120 a week which was getting me by. But as soon as I was injured they cut it. I was sleeping on a floor in north London with Luke Lennon-Ford, [who won silver in the men’s 4 x 400m relay in Sopot]. We had no support. We had no funding. We struggled for everything. We were buying the cheapest food we could get. That was tough …”
“I have never claimed (welfare) benefits. I grew up on council estates and everyone was on benefits and I always said to myself: no matter how hard it gets I never want to do that. I have never signed on.”
– World Indoor 60m champ Richard Kilty, talking about the tough times he experienced in 2012. In a separate article, his father says he wouldn’t trade the gold medal for £10 million.
- TX HS Sophomore runs 9:03 and 4:14 double
- Only Michael Johnson is faster: Baylor frosh Trayvon Bromell runs windy 20.23
- Baller: 44 yr old man in medically induced coma for 3 days after marathon, says first words were "what time did I do?"
- I voluntarily went 7 days without having a single conversation with another person...
- English professor only gives out 1 A in the entire class. Ridiculous policy or what?