Quote Of The Day
“This is title number 22 for me. I’m so excited to win the title,” said Meb on USATF.tv after the race. Meb said he was especially excited to win in Houston, where his main sponsor Skechers is the shoe sponsor for the marathon and half marathon. “They (Skechers) didn’t expect me to run here but I’ve been training very well. … I’m so happy to be in a partnership with them.”
“I’m a frontrunner – I look to push the pace,” said Meb about his pushing the pace several times in the race before making his final bid for glory at the 10-mile mark. “I feel delighted to be healthy and with the blessing with God, I’ll be healthy in Boston and ready to go for the title.”
– Excerpt from our 2014 US Half Marathon Championships recap with Meb Keflezighi speaking after winning in 1:01:23 and showing that even at 38 years old, “Father Time” hasn’t caught up with him yet.
- Who is the best runner of the arkansas razorback ever in history?
- 2014 National 1/2 Marathon Champs Live Thread
- Jordan Hasay in a new Nike Flyknit commercial
- Richard Sherman just changed my view of Seattle
- Jordan Hasay and Shannon Rowbury were knocking out 62s after their 800 today
- LetsRun Meetup, 1/18/14: Featuring xenonscreams, jamin, Hardloper and Alan Webb.