The London Marathon Is Sunday
- 2-Time World Marathon Champ Abel Kirui Will Miss London Marathon With A Stress Reaction Kirui will miss at least 3 weeks, but says he still plans on being selected for Kenya's World Championships team and going for his 3rd consecutive title.
*London Press Release
- RRW Preview: Olymmpic Champion Stephen Kiprotich Facing Another Big Challange In London The field includes Geoffrey Mutai, Patrick Makau, Tsegaye Kebede (2:04:38), Emmanuel Mutai and defending champ Wilson Kipsang. Pacemakers will take the men's lead pack through halfway in 1:01:45.
- Kipsang Thinks Having Mo Farah In The First Half Of The London Marathon Could Help Their Chances At Breaking The World Record "Mo will have a lot of attention and it will help the guys who are finishing the race to relax and let him have all the attention for the first half. Maybe he'll also help control the pace and make sure the pacemakers go on the right schedule."
- Wilson Kipsang And Patrick Makau Say They Kenyans Will Work As A Team During The London Marathon
- Olympic Marathon Champ Stephen Kiprotich Didn't Think He Had A Future In Running When He Was Younger Because He Was Always Sick As a youngster he missed three years of school due to illness and was always sick off and on, but eventually got better.
- Kipsang On Running London After Boston: "When you are running and you are thinking something like that can happen, you can't concentrate. We should have no fear ..."
- Former Race Director Dave Bedford Will Be The Official London Marathon Starter
Bolt Will Definitely Be At London Anniversary Games
- It's Official: Usain Bolt Will Compete At London Anniversary Games At The Olympic Stadium In July; 100 On Day 1 And 4 X 100 On Day 2 Others competing include Mo Farah in the 3,000, Galen Rupp and Leo Manzano in the "Emsley Carr Mile," Arles Merritt, Sally Pearson, Kirani James, Sanya Richards-Ross vs. British silver medallist Christine Ohuruogu in the 300, Jessica Ennis and more. *Telegraph Article
- Ricky Simms Talks About What It's Like To Manage The Sport's Biggest Star Simms: "We do a lot of things for Usain and other clients that are not simple business things. Like buying flights, buying cars, PlayStations, tuxedos, whatever. One hour I'll be doing management work for him, one hour I'll be doing agent work for him. Another time I'll be doing big brother work for him."
- Oscar P Not Welcome At London Anniversary Games UK Athletics chairman Ed Warner: "I don't want to see the Sunday of the Anniversary Games turning into a media circus. It would overshadow every other athlete that was there."
*Good Read: South African National Championships Came And Went Without Oscar Pistorius "Where does Pistorius the athlete go from here? Where does he end up? And does he matter anymore?"
Yohan Blake Out For Up To 6 Weeks With Hamstring Injury The injury occurred during the UTech Classic meet where Blake DNFed, grabbing his right hamstring.
The 117th Boston Marathon *Top 25 Results *Boston Photos *Boston Pre-Race Photos
LRC Top 25 Boston Results: Rita Jeptoo And Lelisa Desisa Win The action was exciting as Portugal's Anna Dulce Felix was reeled in after having a 1+ minute lead at 35k. The men's race ended up being a 3-way sprint
for home between
debutante Micah Kogo, and Desisa. Shalane Flanagan and Jason Hartmann led the American
charge with 4th-place finishes. The American men, thanks to Daniel Tapia and Craig Leon, place 3 in the top 10!
- LRC We Covered It Live With 2 Different Blogs:
*Live Boston Message Board Thread
- IAAF Recap
- Competitor Women's Recap: Some Interesting Quotes From The Chase Pack As Anna Dulce Felix Gapped Them Eventual 3rd placer Sharon Cherop on what she said to countrywoman/eventual winner Rita Jeptoo: "Let us move forward. These ladies may end up winning the race. They have already gone far. I was so worried," Jeptoo replied, "I'm not going now." *Men's Recap
- AP Recap Flanagan: "The hardest part about Boston is the Bostonians want it just as bad as we do, which really tugs at our heart. We all want it too. We want to be the next Joanie." *2nd AP Article
- Shalane Flanagan Post-Race: "What we all dream about as athletes is winning and Kara and I really wanted to win this for everyone ..." ... "I really wanted to thank them and I was hoping a laurel wreath was the way to thank them."
- Good Post-Race Video With Goucher Talking About The American Drought In Boston And What's Ahead For Her
- RW: Notable Names In The Results: How Joan Benoit Samuelson, Shalene's Sister And Others Fared 1968 champ Amby Burfoot was about 3/4 of a mile away from a 4:26 finish when he was among the first runners diverted from the course after the explosions.
- World Marathon Majors Update 2012-2013: WMM Series Leaderboards Post-Boston Tsegaye Kebede and Wilson Kipsang are tied for the lead for the men and Rita Jeptoo leads for the women.
- Japan's Hiroyuki Yamamoto And US's Tatyana McFadden Win Boston Wheelchair Races
Boston On The Boards:
- Lesisa Desisa Wins Boston 3 Months After Winning Dubai (And $200,000)
- Jason Hartmann deserves more respect
- Why was Boston so slow?
- Joan Benoit Samuelson - new Masters World Record?!
- You know it had to be asked: how would a healthy Ryan Hall done in today's Boston Marathon?
- I would rather be a mediocre runner and look muscular than win the Boston marathon and look like a skeleton
- Daniel Tapia!!! Couldn't Break 10 for 2 Mile in HS, 9th at Boston!!!
- Live Boston Message Board Thread
More Non-Boston News
- Entire Athletics South Africa Board Suspended By South African Sports Confederation And Olympic Committee
- 49 SA Police Officers Had Their Cellphones Confiscated After Many Took Photos Of Oscar P And The Crime Scene On The Night Of The Murder Apparently reporters were trying to buy pictures of key pieces of evidence from officers including an offer of $50,000 for a photograph of the toilet door Pistorius shot through.
- Kenya's Julius Kogo (28:18) Wins Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k In Richmond, VA In A Sprint Finish Over Pius Nyantika (28:19) Kenyan Ogla Kimaiyo won the women's race in 32:25.
- Updated DI Rankings: Texas A&M Men And Kansas Women Stay On Top On the women's side, Texas A&M moved up to 2nd and Oregon down to 3rd.
- April 28th: Canadian Half Marathon Champs Preview: Banque Scotia 21k de Montreal Promises A Battle Defending champ Eric Gillis faces Giitah Macharia and Rejean Chiasson.
- USATF Tribute To Longtime Track And Field Journalist Hal Bateman, Who Passed Away At 81 He held many different positions, including USATF's director of promotions.
- Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis And Greg Rutherford Confirmed For Anniversary Games At The Olympic Stadium In July
- Baseball And Softball Officially Join Forces In Attempt To Boost Chances For Selection To Be Added To 2020 Olympic Games
- Report Says Men Far Outnumbered Women At London Games With 1,233 More Athletes And 30 More Medal Events
We Hope You Read Our Preview As We Nailed Both Races Perfectly And Told You "If you read one piece all year here, this is the one you have to read."
LRC 2013 Boston Marathon Preview: We Break Down The Field And Try To Make You Look Good At The Office On Monday If you read one piece all year here, this is the one you have to read. On Monday, everyone in the office will ask you what is going to happen and you'd better be able to sound like a running expert or your reputation will be ruined. Sadly, we say the American men have ZERO chance for victory and say don't expect Shalane to end the US drought that dates to 1985.
Weekend Track Action *Collegiate Results Page By USTFCCCA
LRC Andrew Wheating 1:50.75 Season Opener *Wheating 2013 Debut!!
First Usain Bolt, Now Powell: UTech Classic: Yohan Blake Pulls Up With Cramp As Kim Collins Wins 100m *Powell Hopes To Stay Healthy
2nd Day Of SA Senior Athletics Championships: Long Jumpers Steal Show In Stellenbosch Johan Cronje (3:38.13) over Juan van Deventer (3:38.40) in 1,500 as Stephen Mokoka (13:25) wins 5,000.
*More On SA Champs
Recap Of Fourth National Bank Of Kenya/Athletics Kenya Track And Field Meeting At Thika Municipal Stadium
Previous Boston News
- LRC Shalane Flanagan Prior To 2013 Boston Marathon: "I don't know if I'm in the best shape (ever) but I certainly feel really good. ... It's by far the best I've felt in a marathon buildup." We caught up with America's only realistic hope to end the US's 28 years of futility in Boston just before she got on the plane to head to Beantown. An excited, antsy, nervous, superstitious Flanagan revealed she's tried to learn from overtaining for last year's Olympics and has maxed out at "only" 117 mpw - a good omen for the 117th Boston race?
- Great Q&A With Kara Goucher, Who Says She Didn't Have A Perfect Buildup For Boston But Is Ready "You know, my preparation for this marathon has not been perfect, and at times it's actually been like a nightmare. But what does that mean? You just don't not run because things haven't been perfect. I mean, that's crazy."
- RR: Dick Hoyt And His Son Rick, Who Has Cerebral Palsy, Have Done 1,092 Races Together, Including The Boston Marathon The duo that raises money for charity and awareness for people with disabilities has been honored by a sponsor of the Boston Marathon with a life-size statue in Hopkinton where Boston starts.
- Some Good Tips If You're Racing Boston: Alan Culpepper's Tips For Racing The Boston Marathon
- Sharon Cherop: "I am doing well with my preparations for the Boston Marathon at the moment and I am determined to win it for the second time in a row."
- Guys From The 1983 Boston Marathon Comment On Why That Day Was So Fast On that day, 84 mostly North American runners broke 2:20, and 263 bettered 2:28:30.
- Q&A With Boston Marathon Director Dave McGillivray Interesting fact: Every birthday, McGillivray runs a mile for every one of his years; he started at 12 years old and is now
- Boston Marathon Will Honor The 26 Victims Of Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting With A Special Mile Marker At Mile 26
- Interview With 1968 Boston Marathon Winner Amby Burfoot
The Horror In Boston *One Fund Boston Charity *Channel 7 News Update (Video) *Video Of Explosion *CNN Photos (Warning: Some Intense Images) *Boston Race Photos
- How You Can Help: One Fund Boston Established To Raise Money For Families Affected By The Boston Bombings
*You Can Also Buy A Boston 2013 T-Shirt Where All Profits Go Towards One Fund
*RW: How To Help Or Show Support For Boston Includes list of everything from donations to memorial runs.
- AP Article On Third Boston Bombing Victim, BU Chinese Graduate Student Lu Lingzi Her parents described her death as a "dagger in our hearts."
- Yankee Fans Pay Tribute To Boston By Singing Red Sox's Anthem, "Sweet Caroline" During Game At Yankee Stadium After the 9/11 attacks, Boston was singing "New York, New York."
- Tribute Paid To Boston Marathon Victims And First Respondes During Boston Bruins Game With Moment Of Silence And Special Video Includes moving video of whole stadium singing the national anthem.
- Raptors, Celtics Pay Tribute To Boston Marathon Victims Prior To Tipoff
- Bill Rodgers: "It's such a human sport. I don't think these bombers get that - that when they attack the Boston Marathon, they don't just attack America. They attack all the countries with runners in the marathon."
- Ken Goe: "Why attack a joyous celebration of human achievement? That's what terrorists do." "To go ahead and live life without reservation in full understanding of the uncertainties and the possibilities is the kind of courage that makes the ultimate difference."
- Wesley Korir: "My attitude to marathons will never change but my attitude to life may change."
- Friend Of Heat Guard Ray Allen Among Those Injured In Boston Attack The family was among those who lost a leg and that another friend owned the restaurant that employed the 29-year-old woman who was killed.
- 1968 Boston Champ Amby Burfoot Was At 25.5 Miles When He Had To Stop; Shares Experience In The Crowd Of Confused Runners Halted So Close To The Finish
- After Blasts, Chirs Rupe, M.D. Went From Marathoner To Medic 30 Seconds After Finishing His First Boston
- Animal Rights Activists Outraged After Sochi Officials Announced They Would Kill More Than 2,000 Stray Cats And Dogs Before 2014 Winter Olympics To "Ensure The Safety Of Visitors"
- Jamaican Team Concerned With Security Ahead Of Penn Relays Some parents are hesitant to send their children.
- Investigators Hunting For A Man Seen Dropping A Bag In Department-Store Surveillance Video And In A Finish Line Image
- Federal Officials Deny That Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Is In Custody
- FBI Seen Searching Apartment Seeking Clues In Attack
- Country On Edge: In The Wake Of The Boston Marathon Security Has Upped Nationwide Against Other Possible Threats Including another Bomb threat in Boston's federal courthouse, suspicious packages being investigated, and preliminary tests showed letters sent to President Obama and Senator Roger Wicker contained the poison ricin.
- Yuki Kawauchi Wins Honjo Waseda No Mori Half Marathon In 1:06:28 Despite making A Wrong Turn This race marked the beginning of an eight-week stretch that will see him run nine races, his next being the Apr. 21 Nagano Marathon.
- Asafa Powell's Agent Says He Still Has Appeal For Race Directors Despite Constantly Dropping Out With Injuries His agent said, "Of course there is some concern when we do deals with meets and people ask if he is going to show up healthy or if he is going to finish the race healthy, but a lot of athletes have that issue."
- One Of The Things Mo Farah Enjoys Most About Living In Portalnd Is Not Being Noticed He says in the UK, "You're out pushing the kids and people want pictures. They're the people who come out and support you, so you want to give them time. But sometimes when you're in a rush or you want to get something done, it isn't easy."
- Episode 9 Of IAAF Inside Athletics: Ato Boldon Answers "Fan Mail"
Previous Boston Bombing News
- Spirited 8-Year-Old And Outgoing 29-Year-Old Woman Among Boston Marathon Victims Article on two of the three fatalities and updates on the many of the other injured.
- Chinese Consulate Just Announced 3rd Person Killed In Boston Was A Chinese National
- Joan Benoit Samuelson: "I feel as though our community has been violated in a violent and senseless way."
- Statement From Thomas Grilk, Executive Director Of The Boston Athletic Association "Boston is strong. Boston is resilient. Boston is our home. And Boston has made us enormously proud in the past 24 hours. ... We are committed to continuing that tradition with the running of the 118th Boston Marathon in 2014."
- NY Times: Bring On The Next Boston Marathon "Wash the sidewalk, wipe away the blood, and let whoever did it know that while they have sickeningly maimed and killed some of our brothers and sisters, they have left no trace on our society or way of life."
- Reactions From Track World, Including Paula Radcliffe, Haile G And IAAF President Liame Diack Liame Diack: "This ghastly and cowardly attack strikes at the very core of the freest of human activities. Whether as a fun runner or elite competitor, road running exemplifies the honestly of basic human movement, strength and resilience."
- President Obama Calls Boston Bombings An Act Of Terrorism
- Federal Agents Say Kitchen Pressure Cookers Packed With Explosives And Lethal Shrapnel Were Used In Bombings
- Reflections On A Senseless Tragedy: "Americans have always proven to be resilient and Marathon Monday in Boston may not mean the same thing in the future, but the important part is that it will continue."
- Instinctive Running: Some Kept Running To The Finish, Others Started Running Towards The Danger
- College Coach Says He Saw Bomb Sniffing Dogs And Greater Than Normal Security Before The Start There were multiple announcements saying it was just a training exercise. *MB Thread
- Spectators And Runners Share Their Experience During The Attack One said, "It's just a loss of innocence."
- Russian Sport Officials Say They Will Be Increasing Security At This Summer's World Championships In Wake Of Boston Bombing
- Even Smaller Marathons And Races Will Start Looking Into Increasing Security
The London Marathon Will Be On Sunday
- Elite Field Committed To Running Sunday's London Marathon Despite Boston Attacks
*GB Olympian Freya Ross Pulls Out Of London Marathon With An Injury
- Paula Radcliffe Shares Her Thoughts In Wake Of Boston Tragedy And Ahead Of London Marathon "It is hard to comprehend that anyone could want to do something as cowardly as that and to target innocent people, especially children, in that way. On the one hand, it seems trivial to be running a race after this but on the other hand, if you call the race off, are you letting terrorists win?"
- Britain's Sports Minister Hugh Robertson: "I think this is one of those incidents where the best way to show solidarity with Boston is to continue and send a very clear message to those responsible." "... to send a very clear message that we won't be cowered by this sort of behaviour."
- London Marathon To Pay Tribute To Boston Victims With A Period Of Silence Before Race Organisers are also encouraging runners to wear black ribbons.
- Brendan Foster, BBC London Marathon Commentator: "London Marathon 2013: Poignant day will herald a celebration of human spirit" "The bomb blasts at the Boston Marathon this week did not just represent an attack on one of our most sacred sporting occasions - they were an attack on humanity itself."
- London Organizers Say They Can Change The Route Of The London Course At A Moment Notice If Threatened With An Attack
- London Will Have Increased Security For Mo Farah As Him Stopping At 13.1 Will Cause Extra Security Problems
- London Organizers Say There's No Reason For Anyone To Pull Out Of Sunday's Marathon And Have No Indication That People Will
Previous Boston Attack News
- Running seemed so unimportant after yesterday's events, so we've left it to far better writers than us to express their thoughts:
- Jason Gay WSJ: "The athletic aspect of the Boston Marathon feels hopelessly unimportant now, as it should."
- Alan Abrahamson: "The (blasts) were timed to do maximum damage not just in the real world we live in. They were aimed at an idea - more, at an ideal."
- Amby Burfoot: "To me, the marathon is nothing more than the fact that America is a country of freedom and democracy ... It's all part of our great democratic tradition." The former Boston champ was a half mile from the finish 45 years after his Boston triumph.
- Nicholas Thompson: "An attack on a marathon is, in some ways, more devastating than an attack on a stadium; you're hitting something special but also something very quotidian."
- Overwhelming Kindness In Boston Following Blast USA Today
- Jason Hartmann In Bonnie Ford Article: "Our entire sport is going to change."
- ESPN Article With Quotes From Witnesses At The Blast Includes a story of a 35-year-old state trooper who had just finished the race who ran towards the blast and helping injured by tying tourniquets to stop bleeding.
- At Least 3 Killed, Over 140 Injured In Boston Bombing
- 78-Year-Old Bill Iffrig Was Knocked Down By Blast And Then Got Up And Finished "I ended up second in my division. After you've run 26 miles you're not going to stop there."
He finished in 4:03:47 (chip time). *Video Interview *MB Thread
*2nd Article His son was tracking him online and didn't realize what had happened until he went on Facebook to post about his dad finishing the race.
- Interview With Kara Goucher Talking About The Attack
- MileSplit: Boston Marathon: Reflecting On A Tragedy That Is Beyond Words
- Security Beefed Up Worldwide After Boston Blasts
- Loved Ones Struggle To Reconnect After Boston Tragedy
- Statement From The Boston Athletic Association
- London Marathon: Minsister Of Sport Insists London Marathon Will Go Ahead As Planned
*Boston Blasts Prompt UK Review Of London Marathon Security
- OTB: Bombs at 2013 Boston Marathon - Fairmont Copley is locked down *Josh Cox On CNN
Non-Boston Weekend Results
- Edward Cheserek Opens His Outdoor Season Anchoring St. Benedict's 10:24.50 DMR Victory With A 4:06.6 At NJCTC Relays
*Cheserek Will Miss New Balance Outdoor Nationals In June Because He's Returning To Kenya After He Graduates His last high school race will probably be the Dream Mile at Icahn Stadium in NYC on May 25th.
- Georgia Freshmen Maicel Uibo And Shaunae Miller Are USTFCCCA NCAA DI Athletes Of The Week Miller (the indoor 400 champ) set a collegiate-leading mark of 22.41w (+3.1m/s)in the 200.
- Korea's Kim Mi Gyong (2:26:32) And Ethiopia's Ketema Nigussee (2:13:04) Win Pyongyang Marathon In North Korea
*Video: Pyongyang Goes Ahead Despite North Korea Tensions
- IAAF Recap Chinese Youth National Champs
Sunday Morning Action *BAA 5k Results *5k Photo Gallery
Boston: BAA 5k: RRW: Kim Smith (15:16) And Dejen Gebremeskel (13:27) Win Aaron Braun was a strong second in 13:40 for the men and Molly
Huddle third in 15:28 for the women. Link includes video interviews with Smith, Gebremeskel, Braun, Huddle and Aussie Brett Robinson.
*5k Photo Gallery
*Post Race Interviews
BAA Mile: 2013 BAA Mile: Brenda Martinez (4:51.4) Wins As Nick Willis Makes It Look Easy (4:03.3) Willis came in full of confidence as he'd already run a 3:34 this year - so confident that he was willing to sport pink shoes. Interviews with Martinez, Willis, Gabrielle Anderson and Donn Cabral.
*Post Race Interviews
*Pre-Race: Nick Wills Moving On After Olympic Disappointment
Non-Boston Weekend Action
- Rotterdam: Tilahun Regassa (2:05:38) And Jemima Jelagat (2:23:27) Win (updated with IAAF article) Sammy Kitwara was third in 2:07:22.
*MB Thread *Results
- Great Ireland Run: IAAF Dublin Recap: Kenenisa Bekele (28:51) Over Ukrainian Sergey Lebid (29:08) And World 10,000m Champ Ibrahim Jeilan (29:18). For the women, Brit Lauren Howarth (33:36), beat defending champ Gemma Steel and double Olympic finalist Julia Bleasdale.
*Bekele: "I am still young. I don't have a message for Mo Farah. The message is that I will train hard and I will be back."
*MB: Kenenisa Bekele wins in 28:54 as Jeilan third in 29:20
- Vienna: Kenyan Henry Sugut Wins Vienna Marathon For 3rd Time In 2:08:19; Flomena Cheyech Won The Women's Race In 2:24:34 Haile Gebrselassie took the half in 61:14.
*2nd Article: Haile Gebrselassie Not Done Yet - Wins Vienna Half In 61:14 *Vienna Results
- Daegu: Abraham Kiprotich Wins In 2:08:33 And Margaret Akai Wins In 2:23:28 IAAF
- Brighton: Kenyans Dominic Kangor And Eunice Kales Break Course Records To Win Brighton Marathon Kangor won in 2:10:46 while Kales took it in 2:28:26.
*23-Year-Old Dies During Brighton Marathon
Saturday: Andres Arroyo Does It Again!!! Andres Arroyo - 8:51.47, Brian Jäger Elite Classic
*Race Video *Video Interview
*MileSplit Weekend HS Coverage
International Track Action: Kirani James 400 WL, Merritt Over Gatlin
- Kirani James Opens His Season With A 400 World Lead Of 44.72 At Chris Brown Bahamas Invitational LaShawn Merritt won the 200 in 20.34 over Justin Gatlin (20.44), Doc Patton won the 100 in 10.09 (headwind) and Kellie Wells the 100H.
- Aussie Champs: Ryan Gregson Is Only 6th In A Tactical 1,500 Won By James Kaan In 3:46.29 Kelly Hetherington won the 800 in 2:01.22.
- IAAF UTech Classic Recap: Yohan Blake DNFs His First 100 Of Season; Pulls Up And Later Tweets It Was "Just A Cramp" Bronze medallist Warren Weir won 200 in 20.33 into a headwind; Stephanie McPherson lowered her own 400 World Lead to 50.74.
Recommended Read: Irish Examiner Devotes 2,500+ Words To Look Back At Great Career Of Sonia O'Sullivan O'Sullivan is full of praise for Kim McDonald. "He taught me confidence and to challenge people I'd have seen as better than me ... He made me believe I belonged and in that sense, I think it takes a long time to understand what you are doing. I'd be a lot more confident about things now than I was as an athlete."
Crazy But Interesting Thinking
- Arizona Man Starting 5k In 110-Degree Weather On Purpose - Hottest Sporting Event Ever To Be Staged In Arizona "Whether someone has gone bungee jumping, ran an Ironman or run with the bulls, this is something they won't have experienced before," said race inventor Jason Rose, a Scottsdale PR executive. "This is about us choosing to celebrate the heat, not retreat from it."
- Delusional: Yohan BlakeThinks He Could Be The Fastest Bowler In The World
- Cycling Ireland Nominates McQuaid For Third Term With UCI
Week In Review
LRC WTW: Can An American Win Boston? Andres Arroyo Impresses, And It's OK To Race A Lot Less than a week before Monday's Boston Marathon, we examine American futility in Boston and ponder: Can Shalane Flanagan end the drought? Plus, we span the globe from Carlsbad, to Gainesville, to Prague, and look at women's running depth.
US Elite/NCAA News
- Jordan Hasay Says She's Going "All-In" With The 10,000 This Year And Wants To Take A Crack At The "A" Standard At Payton Jordan
- Recommended Read: Update On Alan Webb, Who's Still Hungry, Focusing On Longer Distances And Says He's "Not Done Yet" Good news for Webb fans because he has definitely not given up. Good quotes from Jerry Schumacher, Chris Solinsky and the man himself, Webb, who talks about setting PRs at 5k and 10k (currently 13:10 and 27:34) and even mentions sub-2:10 in the marathon.
- Lukas Verzbicas Disappointed With Carlsbad Race, Where He Was Hampered By Lingering Effects From His Spinal Cord Injury He said he wanted to run 15:00 here, but wasn't too upset with the 15:21.
Mt. SAC This Weekend *All College Weekend Meet Info/Results
- Updated Mt. SAC Heat Sheets Abbey D'Agostino, Neely Spence, Sara Hall in 5,000, Ben True in the mile, Anna Willard (formerly Pierce), Brenda Martinez, Brie Felnagle, Kim Conley in the women's 1,500, Morgan Uceny in the 800, Duane Solomon vs. Charles Jock, Eric Sowinski and Cas Loxsom, Ashton Eaton and Jason Richardson in 110H.
*MB: Mt SAC 2013 1500m Start List
More Athletics Kenya Voting Problems
- After Being Postponed 5 Times, How Can They Still Be Shocked? Voters "Shocked" As Athletics Kenya Elections Were Stopped Yet Again A court order temporarily stopped AK from holding its elections.
- Former Athletes Ask Kenyan Government To Come Up With A Speedy Solution Over Athletics Kenya Election Stalemate
- AK Chairman Isaiah Kiplagat Accuses Sports Permanent Secretary James Waweru Of Meddling In AK Affairs "Waweru is on record as having told AK to stop their ongoing elections for failing to observe their constitution." How they failed to observe it isn't specified.
Cycling News: Who Is Dirtier, Lance Or The UCI?
- Leaked Internal UCI Memo Shows That Lance Amstrong Tested Positive Four Times During The 1999 Tour de France
- Cycling Ireland Vice President Anthony Moran Resigns From Post And Reveals It's Because He's Lost Faith In The UCI And Pat McQuaid "There is only so much a man can take and personally I couldn't say to the UCI 'jog on, everything's fine' because I don't believe it is."
- Oscar Pistorius Seen "Flirting And Downing Shots" At Restaurant His spokesperson says he was out of friends for the first time since the incident and was not acting inappropriately.
- June 1st: London Rematch: Pre Classic 800 Will Include All 8 2012 London Olympic Finalists David Rudisha, Nijel Amos, Duane Solomon, Nick Symmonds ... you name them, they got them.
- Elite Fields Announced For 2013 USA 1 Mile Road Championships On April 23rd Includes Leo Manzano, Will Leer, Craig Miller, Shannon Rowbury, Christin Wurth-Thomas and Sara Hall.
- Cycling Ireland Nominate Pat McQuaid For Third Term With UCI
A Future Marathoner
Cam Levins Talks About His Decision To Join Alberto Salazar And The Oregon Project; Says He Also Met With Jerry Schumacher "I knew I was missing something. I knew what I was doing didn't seem sustainable."
Hypothyroidism Talk Spreading Worldwide
- The WSJ Takes A Look At The Endocrinologist To Athletes Who Have Won 15 Gold Medals What do Carl Lewis, Galen Rupp and Ryan Hall all have in common? Thyroid medication.
- Ian O'Riordan Spends Day With Kenenisa Bekele And Ibrahim Jeilan And Doesn't Quite Get Courage To Ask Them About Thyroid Meds His accountant's advice before the outing: "Make sure you ask them about thyroid medication."
- Panel Discussion Of Hypothyroidism With Steve Magness, Danny Mackey, Lauren Fleshman And Mitch Kastoff
- Steve Magness Blogs On The Thyroid Debate: Everything You Need To Know; Some Confusing Science Talk, But Good Information "Messing with any hormone when you don’t need it is plain dangerous ... if anyone is messing with thyroid for performance benefits, they are an idiot."
Mo And Galen (And The UK Press), You'll Want To Read This (aka Here's A Headline For The UK Tabloids)
LRC Dejen Gebremeskel Tells LetsRun He Wants To Try 10,000/5,000 Double At Moscow World Champs He also reveals that he views his compatriot Hagos Gebrhiwet and not Mo Farah as the biggest threat. *Discuss
In Case You Missed It: April Fools On LRC
Did you not visit on the April 1st? LetsRun.com's 2013 April Fool Page Is Here
MB: *April fools page too obvious *What was your favorite April Fools 2013 headline
*Capital FM April Fools Joke On WMM Cutting Prize Money For Kenyans Fooled Many Causing Outrage On Social Media
2,000+ World Cross-Country Photos Now Up
Learn From The Pros
LRC Ten Training Tips From Bernard Lagat, Dathan Ritzenhein And Abdi Abdirahman The American men took center stage at the NYC Half on Thursday. You can watch video interviews with the top American men (Lagat here, Ritz here and Abdi here) and we will have more on their race preparations on Friday, but in the meantime we compiled ten training tips from Bernard, Dathan, and Abdi that you can use in your own training.
World XC: Medhin Is LetsRun's Athlete Of The Week
Meet Eritrea's Teklemariam Medhin - LetsRun.com's Athlete Of The Week Teklemariam defied all odds to get bronze at World XC as only a month ago he had malaria and then had to sleep on the floor of an airport for two days just before the race. If a US runner did this we'd rightly never hear the end of it, yet Teklemariam has received almost no publicity for the amazing feat.