Latest New York News *LRC Photos *LRC Men's Recap/Analysis *Women's Recap/Analysis *LRC Haile G Retirement Coverage
Jos Hermens, Haile's Agent, Says Gebrselassie Reconsidering
Retirement Hopefully the Great One realizes his fans would love nothing more to see him compete again - New York 2011 and the Olympics in 2012. We didn't realize how much worse the sport will be without Geb until he said he was leaving.
LRC Haile Gebrselassie Retirement Update The greatest of all time may be reconsidering. He at least is leaving open the door to coming back. We give you an update on all that we've learned since our last update on Sunday night.
More NYC : WSJ Looks At Changing The NYC Marathon Course The current course seems great to us and has a better finish than the proposed course (and pros generally choose marathons for the money, not the type of course).
*Sarah Shay Has Appendectomy Right Before NYC Marathon
*Katie McGregor Reflects On Winning USA Running Circuit Title, Her Run In NY
- Paula Radcliffe Post-NYC Video Interview On London 2012, Gebrselassie Hanging Them Up, And Mara Yamauchi In NYC
- Shalane Flanagan Looks Ahead New York Times No doubt she's happy after NYC, although we'd say she's still unproven as a marathoner. She did phenomenally well on Sunday, but it was one of the stranger women's marathons ever.
- Chris Solinsky Tours The NYC Marathon Course On The Pace Car New York Times
- Sammy Wanjiru Of Kenya And Liliya Shobukhova Pick Up $500,000 And World Marathon Major Titles
- Shalane Flanagan Is Returning To The Track For 2011 Looks like her next marathon may be the OTrials. *Post-Race Transcript
- Britain's Mara Yamauchi Promises To Move On After "Shocker" Of Performance She was only 11th.
- Japan's Arata Fujiwara Was Forced To Drop Out With Intense Abdominal Pain - He Too Wants Geb To Unretire
- Paula Radcliffe In The News: Radcliffe's Baby Boy Nearly Died While She Gave Birth He came out grey as the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and Radcliffe had to push him out quickly. Radcliffe also says she has a "really, really good feeling" about 2012.
- Paula Radcliffe Started X-Training Week After Birth But, Unlike Kara Goucher, Won't Start Running Until Christmas
- High School: Meet Last Year's Nike XC Runner-Up Elias Gedyon Originally from Ethiopia, the dude split a 48.6 after winning the 1,600 and 3,200 in a meet last spring. He'll be going for his third straight CA state title in the near future and then heading to Nike (why not Foot Locker?).
- Europe: Former Providence Star Mary Cullen Is Out Of European XC Champs With Broken Collarbone Suffered In Bike Fall
- Asia: 4 Run 2:08 As Kenya's David Kiyeng Wins JoongAng Seoul Marathon
- Ultra: Congratulations To Michael Wardian On Winning Bronze At The 100Km World Championship (2010)
2010 NYC Marathon Is In The Books
LRC Men: In Debut, Gebremariam Makes Marathon Look Easy On a day that Father Time caught up to Haile G, another Geb, Gebre Gebremariam blitzed
a 26th mile in 4:37 and took us back to an era when debutantes won and road racers won Falmouth and NYC in the same year, as a new marathon star may have emerged on the streets of NY. Meb Keflezighi finished 6th and Dathan Ritzenhein 8th.
LRC Women: Edna Kiplagat Completes Magical Year, Shalane Impresses The women's race was perhaps the craziest one ever in New York, as it was a 20-mile jog and a 10k race. LA Marathon champ Edna Kiplagat, American star Shalane Flanagan and half marathon ace Mary Keitany battled over the final miles, with Kiplagat winning and Flanagan battling back for second in her debut. The top 10 were separated by an amazingly small 1:35.
*Nice Wall Street Journal Recap Of Sunday's Action
*Flanagan Impresses In Marathon Debut
More NYC News: Ritz Disappointed With Another Mediocre Marathon Finish
*American 10k Record Holder Chris Solinsky Gets Wined & Dined In Elite Truck & Says "Maybe In 3 Years"
LRC Gebrselassie And Tergat Share The Stage 10 Years After Sydney The NYRR has taken traditionally boring press conferences to a new level this year giving them Sports Center-like coverage. Friday was the best of the week, as Paul Tergat was on hand to introduce his good friend Haile Gebrselassie and they talked about their careers and Geb's chances on Sunday.
Recommended Read: Geoge Hirsch Remembers Fred Lebow - The Man Who Helped Make The New York City Marathon Great Thankfully, Mary Wittenberg is now in charge to carry on his legacy and make it even greater, as the race fell off in the late 1990s.
*Mara Yamauchi Not Intimidated By Mary Keitany *Brit Yamauchi Hoping For Podium
*Update On Justin Gimelstob - Andy Roddick $10,000 Bet For 4:45 Finish We find it embarrassing the the NY Times calls the Cornell grad helping Gimelstob a world record holder.
*Larry Rawson's Final Pre-Race Thoughts Rawson reveals that Haile G for the first time turned over all business dealings for the final two months to associates so he could focus on training.
*Edison Pena Checks Out The Course
Celebs: People Magazine Profiles Ethan Zohn's Marathon Attempt *Amani Toomer Is Ready For NYC
*IAAF Preview Of Race
*Recommended Read: Alberto Salazar Talks To Sports Illustrated Salazar talks a lot about the professional environment he provides his athletes, whom he wants to treat running like a full-time job.
*Behind The Scenes, The NYC Marathon Is A Miracle Of Logistics 1,694 portable toilets make the show run.
*For Elite Women Having A Bad Day, It Can Be A Very Lonely Race The rest of the field starts 30 minutes behind them. They really should have them start an hour later.
*Quiet Mary Keitany Ready To Speak With Her Feet In NY
*Interview With Ritz On His Chances In NYC
*Road Star Gebre Gebremariam Ready For Marathon Debut
*Emmanuel Mutai Ready To Vary The Pace To Beat Geb
*London Runner-Up Inga Abitova Ready For NY
*Six Years After Winning In NY, Hendrick Ramaala Thinks He Can Win Again
*Kim Smith Likes Her Speed And Chances If It Rains
*Running New York A Priority For Geb
Previous NYC News
*Chilean Miner Edison Pena Meets The Media And Haile G Pena may end up being the biggest star of the weekend. Hard to believe but he seems a natural with the media just like Geb, who was waiting at the airport for Pena. Catch Pena on Letterman late Thursday night. *USA Today Article On
*Japan's Arata Fujiwara Is A Pariah To Some - A Stud To Us The guy who forsook the Japanese corporate system has big goals and may end up as the first non-African in New York. He wants to improve on his 2:08:40 PR and if he does, he might win. *NY Times On Fujiwara *Brett Larner Rides On Plane With Fujiwara & Says He Wants To Win New York - He's Broken 2:10 3 Times
*London Runner-Up Emmanuel Mutai Says, "I Am Prepared For Sunday." It seems like he is as he comes into the race after a 5-month buildup, whereas he only had a 3-month leadup to London.
*Ritz's Training Intensity Has Gone Up Since Getting Crushed By Geb In Half Marathon - Ritz Did 10 X Mile In 4:32 With 2 Minutes Rest
*Canada's Simon Bairu Likes Challenge Of New York Being His Marathon Debut THe bigger the pressure, the better Bairu feels he performs. He says he's been training to run 2:10-11 but isn't preoccupied with time.
Non-Athlete NYC News:
*Professor Warns The NYRR Iphone App May Kill Spontaneous Enjoyment Of Watching Race
*Rojo Gets Quoted In Wall Street Journal Talking About A 2nd New York Marathon He had no idea that Competitor - a for-profit company - was behind the 2nd race. If he had known the article was really about a private company trying to get $1 million in public subsidies, he would have been less supportive. A monkey could make money on a race in New York with 7-figure public subsidies. They should either let the NYRR do the race or bid it out.
*Down The Backstretch Reviews Meb's New Autobiography Written By Dick Patrick
*Universal Sport's 10 Things To Look For At NYC MARATHON
Happy Bday!! The Marathon Turns 2,500
Frankfurt: The Marathon Welcomes Another Guy To The 2:04 Club / Fast Times Across The Board (2:04:57/2:23:25) In ideal weather, Wilson Kipsang defeated Tadese Tola with a superb 2:04:57 (#8 all-time) and Caroline Kilel (2:23:25) took home the women's title over several notables in an event where the top 8 women and 8 of the top 9 men set PRs (two 2:09 debuts). For Kipsang, it was just his 2nd marathon after a 2:07:10 debut in Paris. *LRC MB: FRANKFURT MARATHON 2:04:57 !!!!!!!!!!!
Kenya: Unknown David Barmasai Runs 2:10 At 5,500 Feet To Win Standard Chartered Marathon In Kenya
Athens: Kenyan/Lithuanian Win Athens Marathon On 2,500th Anniversary Of Battle Of Marathon *Reuters Recap Of Athens Marathon
Marine Corps: Women: Janet Cherobon Wins In 2:42
Men: Jacob Bradosky Wins In 2:23
Big Names, Big News
Eddy Hellebuyck Comes Clean!!! The former American road star wants to clear his conscience and has admitted he used EPO
back in 2004. An absolute must read as he talks about a pervasive drug culture and has specific doping allegations against Leonid Shvetsov (which aren't a surprise to the knowledgeable LetsRun.com viewer).
*LRC MBoard: Eddie Hellebuyck "'Yeah,' he says, 'I did it.'"
Silas Kiplagat Wants The World Record "I want to run a sub-3:28 in the next season."
*Dathan Ritzenhein Q&A Part 1 (His 12:56 5k, What's Different With Alberto And More)
*Dathan Ritzenhein Q&A Part 2 (What Went Wrong In NY In 2006) He says he learned about not running out of fuel. Cynics might also argue he learned that in the marathon, you get paid for hype, not performance (at the time he got one of the largest appearance fees in US history).
Tokyo A Major-To-Be?
Gebrselassie To Run Tokyo Marathon In February A lot of stars lock up their next marathon prior to running their current one so a bad performance cannot knock their appearance fee.
*AIMS President And Tokyo Marathon President Hiraoki Chosa Gets IAAF Order Of Merit The big news is buried in the article and is that the Tokyo Marathon had 335,000 applicants for its lottery for the marathon. The Japanese are mad about the marathon.
*Paco Borao Of Valencia Marathon Selected New AIMS President
News From Africa
- Athletics Kenya To Require Athletes To Run In 2 Local Meets A Year To Compete Abroad
- Caster Semenya Turns To Facebook To Try To Get Sponsors Her Nike sponsorship must not pay much as they are acting in the article like she is broke.
- 14,000 To Run This Weekend's Nairobi Marathon Many even in Kenya are in the 10k and other races.
- Nairobi Marathon To Take Extra Security Precautions
- Soweto Marathon Passes 1,700 Mark
Altitude Tents, Underwater Treadmills And Anti-Gravity Treadmills Aren't Enough
Nike/Alberto Have A New Gadget They Are In Love With - Cryotherapy The rest of you will have to settle for a cold stream or ice bath.
5 Recommended Reads
- Ritz Dreaming Of Olympic Medals And WMM Wins But Knows Talk Is Cheap Ritz knows that despite his success at the shorter distances, he is still a 2:10 guy in the 'thon.
- Simon Bairu Blogs About His, Shalane Flanagan's And Tim Nelson's Plan To Take On The World In Their First Marathons In New York Bairu says American 2-mile record holder Matt Tegenkamp is the leader of their training group and American 10,000-meter record holder Chris Solinsky is like "the younger brother who always felt as if he had to prove himself."
- Bryan Green: What Does Ryan Hall Want? Green is a guy who in the past has wondered why more athletes didn't change coaches but he's now concerned Hall is going solo.
- An Interesting Look At The US's Last Female Champ Now 75 years old, Miki Gorman won way back in 1977 and admits she doesn't keep up with the sport much anymore. *WSJ Talks To Gorman And Wonders If An American Can Break The 33-Year-Old Streak
- David Torrence Decries: PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW PROFESSIONAL TRACK EXISTS
Rojo Speaks: Support For Ryan Hall And The Role Of A Coach Rojo is back with a column in support of Ryan Hall's coaching change and he tells you quite a few things. He tells you how many seconds a coach is worth, even talks about Roger Clemens and has some good points. A highlight: "Now that Hall has left the MTC, lots of people are throwing out names as to who he should get guidance from. I haven't read a single person mention the name Andy Gerard - the head guy at George Mason. That doesn't surprise me, as his cross teams at George Mason aren't all that great. But the fact of the matter is when Gerard succeeded the masterful recruiter Vin Lananna at Stanford, Gerard orchestrated one of the finest performances in NCAA history. If Stanford had lined up against the entire rest of the NCAA in the team scoring, the score would have been Stanford 24, Rest of the NCAA Teams 31."
Now Married & Settled Into New Home, Galen Rupp Hoping Focus On Strength, Not Speed, Will Pay Off Big Time In 2011 LRC visitors should write this sentence down and use it as their only training mantra: "Looking back, I wasn't doing as much (strength work) as I should have been. I did lots of speed stuff, but without strength it's useless." That being said, many LRC vistiors may be horrified to learn that for Rupp, strength doesn't just mean mileage - it also means weights - and Rupp has gained several pounds of muscle in his upper body.
Update Ryan Hall To Be Self-Coached, Will Train In Various Locations (link fixed) Ryan says over the years he has "developed a keen body awareness, which I will use on a daily basis, as well as advice from various experts, and prayer to ultimately shape my training." Ex-coach Terrence Mahon would not comment publicly at this time but may later. *Joe Battaglia: What The Heck Is Hall Thinking?
And The Vote Is In
LRC Stanford Men, Villanova Women #1 Heading Into Regionals Three things have been constant all year. Stanford #1, OSU #2 (with roughly half the 1st place votes of Stanford) and Villanova #1 on the women's side. None of that changed despite OSU going 1-2-3-4 at the Big 12 meet.
News We Didn't Cover Because Of NYC
- 1:50 800m Runner Dale Dunn Still In Intensive Care After Being Shot, Fund Available For His Care We had thought he was doing better from the initial reports.
- Jearl Miles Clark, Dyrol Burleson, Roy Cochran, Ralph Craig And James Dunaway Elected To National Track And Field Hall Of Fame Congrats to the inductees.
- Craig Virgin Makes USATF Hall Of Fame, Will Delay Induction Until 2011
- USATF Foundation The Best Kept Secret In The Sport?
- Stefano Baldini, Ron Hill, Rosa Mota And Abel Anton All Talk About Winning The Athens Marathon On Its 2,500th Anniversary
Week In Review
LRC Week That Was: New York, New York Our week in review is the only must-read in the industry and this week it exceeds our normal high standards. We analyze the 2010 NYC Marathon, give Ritz some encouragement, look at Shalane Flanagan's career as a marathoner, give some major props to Gebre Gebre, have some book and movie reviews, and even have a funny story on Japanese-English translations.
IAAF Male Athlete Of Year List Narrowed Down To 5 Tyson Gay, David Oliver, David Rudisha, Zersenay Tadese and Andreas Thorkildsen.
European Athletics Bosses Say Stars Will Compete In Euros 2012 Of course they're going to say that. Moving the Euros to the same year as the Olympics is a mistake. The stars without much of a chance in London will show up and take it seriously.
21-Year-Old Pamela Jelimo Hopes To Get Back On Track The 2008 800m Olympic champ is only 21 and has been forgotten by many since the emergence of Caster Semenya.
Previous Geb's Retirement News
- NY Times: Gebrselassie's Countrymen Hope He Reconsiders Retirement And His Manager Thinks He Might
- Sammy Wanjiru Saddened By Geb's Retirement
- Brendan Foster Among Those Hoping For Haile U-Turn "I was sad really because there's always been Haile Gebrselassie, he's been winning world championships since 1993."
- Steve Cram Surprised By Haile's Retirement He was full of enthusiasm for London 2012 when they talked in September.
- Coe Calls Geb "The Greatest" "The greatest athlete of the last 50 years and arguably the best of all time."
- IAAF Head Diack Praises "Genius" Haile G
- LRC Haile G's Retirement: Analysis Hearsay: Is He Really Done? We look at what led to Haile's retirement announcement, his prepartions for NYC and whether the Emperor could change his mind. Either way, just one week ago Haile was saying if you even talk about retiring in 3-4 years, you are done. Now he's saying he's done.
- LRC Haile G Shocks The World And Retires After Dropping Out Haile G stunned the running world with his announcement. Immediate recap, reaction, video and transcript.
- LRC Meb, Shalane, Gebremariam And Mary Wittenberg React To Haile's Retirement Gebremariam: "I think in Ethiopia he has to change his plans. He has to continue to race." While many are holding out hope this really isn't it for Geb, his fellow runners shared how important he was to them. Mary Wittenberg doesn't want him to be 100% done.
Recommended Reads On Geb
- Sports Illustrated: Gebrselassie Ends Storied Career In Stunning Style How about this writing!!! "Like Babe Ruth, who invented the homerun, Gebrselassie invented the modern distance world record."
- NY Times: At Mile 16, Gebrselassie Ends His Race, And Career The article is full of great info, including the fact that Gebremariam says Geb must change his mind.
Charity/Amateur Roundup: LRC Edison Peña Steals Show The Chilean miner may have lost to Jared of Subway, but not in the hearts and minds of us or America. Plus, learn how Amani Toomer and Justin Gimelstob did.
HS Action: Illinois: Craig Virgin Is Still The Best - But Barely Lukas Verzbicas misses his hallowed record by 3 seconds.
Chicago Tribune: Verzbicas Says Divine Headwind Cost Him Record Apparently a gust of wind came up in the last 200 meters, as he was on pace to do it at 2 miles. *Mboard Talk
Oregon: Oregon Signee Flashes The "O" After Winning State
Caster Semenya's Agent Says She's Far From Broke - Apparently She's Well Taken Care Of By Nike The last stories were all wrong.
LRC Men's Preview: Will Geb Win It? The one knock on Haile Gebrselassie is he has not defeated a top-notch marathon field or won one of the top 5 marathons (London, Chicago, Boston, WC/Olympics) in the world.
He gets his chance Sunday in New York
as he faces a star-studded field that features, among others, World Champ
Abel Kirui and defending champ American Meb Keflezighi, who could be challenged by the resurgent Dathan Ritzenhein. We break down the field and give your our
LRC 2010 ING NYC Marathon Women's Preview: Can A Debutante Beat This Crowded Field? The women's field is wide open and hard to predict. The defending champ Derartu Tulu is back and we give props to her amazing career and then guarantee she won't win. Picking the winner, however, is very hard. Boston champ Teyba Erkesso is going for her third marathon win of 2010. And then there are the debutantes - Mary Keitany, the half marathon ace who hasn't lost a half in 3 years, and American Olympic bronze medallist at 10k, Shalane Flanagan.
Recommended Reads Sportsmanship At Its Finest - HS Team In Oregon Forfeits Its Qualification To State As It Refuses To Side With An Official Who DQed A Rival Team's Runner A must read for everyone.
*Ryan Shay's Sister Sara To Run New York To Raise Money For Charity
LRC Recommend Watch Two Worthy Video Series To Get You Pumped For Sunday's ING NYC Marathon There are two well-done video series dealing with Sunday's ING NYC Marathon. Adidas and Flotrack went to Ethiopia and have produced a series on the Emperor, Haile Gebrselassie. The NYRR and Kimbia Athletics have their own series: "Rookies vs. the World" that is chronicling the marathon debuts of Olympic bronze medallist Shalane Flanagan, Canadian 10k record holder Simon Bairu, and American hopeful Tim Nelson and has cameos from Chris Solinsky. We've now watched them ourselves and urge you to as well, but give our synopsis of each and advice on what to watch if you have limited time.
Week In Review (Formatting Problem Fixed)
LRC The Week That Was We take a detailed look at Wilson Kipsang's 2:04 marathon from last week and do some in-depth analysis of the 2:04 marathon club and sub-59 half marathon club. Plus we praise a drug cheat and more.
Letsrun.com NCAA Polls
LRC NCAA XC National And Regional Polls Now Open The Oklahoma State and Stanford men made a mockery of their conference meets. One coach has switched his vote and now OSU is #1 in the country in the coaches' polls. Should they be? Vote now. Regional voting for the first time this year as well.
Latest NCAA Coaches Polls: 1 Coach Switches His Vote And Oklahoma State Is Now #1, Villanova Unanimous #1 On Women's Side Hard to believe, but only six different schools have been ranked #1 on the men's side since 1998.
- Ben Johnson Says He Actually Failed A Drug Test In 1986 Apparently it was covered up before he was possibly sabotaged by a friend of Carl Lewis at the 1988 Olympic Games.
- Recommended Read Meet The World's Newest 2:04 Guy In William Kipsang After HS, he was a traveling salesman for three years. Then he was inspired by reading of Paul Tergat's exploits and picked up running in 2003 at age 21. Now he's run 2:04. Ridiculous.
- Sara Hall Finds A New/Old Coach Apparently Ryan's wife was a casualty of his decision to leave the Mammoth TC. As a result, Sara has gone back to her coach when she was at Stanford - Dena Evans. Sara: "I felt that I would still benefit from a traditional coaching relationship."
NCAA Conference XC Action *LRC XC Conference Polls *All Conference Results Here
ESPN 30 For 30 Documentary Lets Marion Jones Off Easy Thankfully the television critic knows what most of us know - that Jones is still not telling the truth about doping.
Recommended Read: Marion Jones Is A Liar "They didn't put Marion Jones in prison because of what she looks like. They put Marion Jones in prison because of what she did. Marion Jones is a liar."
Previous NCAA XC
Sunday: Big 10: Men: Wisconsin Men Absolutely Crush Indiana And Everyone Else 28 points get the Badgers a 12th straight title
Women: Mich. State Edges Michigan And Minnesota
Pre-Race: Big 10 Men's Preview (Wisco Vs. Indiana (Going For First Title In 30 Years))
Saturday: PAC-10: Women: Meet Of The Weekend: Stanford Edges Arizona, Washington And Oregon 4 teams all separated by 6 points. #2 Oregon is still looking for its first conference title in 15 years.
*Jordan Hasay Pumped To Get Individual Crown But 2nd Ranked Ducks Only Tie For 3rd As A Team *Oregonian Recap Of Meet
*UW's Kailey Campbell Comes Up Big For Washington
Men: Stanford Goes 1-2-3 To Destroy Rest Of Conference The #1 Cardinal will have a tough battle with OSU at NCAAs.
Big 12s: Men: "Unbelievable" Oklahoma State Goes 1-2-3-4 At Big 12 Meet Colorado defeated Oklahoma for 2nd.
Women: Rose Tanui Leads Tech To Win Over Colorado
*Mark Wetmore Pleased With Buffs' Runner-Ups At Big 12s
Big East: Men: Chris Fox's Syracuse Men Edge
Ron Mann's Brice Allen's Louisville Men This really can't be the first Big East men's team to repeat, can it? Perhaps since the league expanded. Wejo beat Fox in a road race
in 1997 and unfortunately for the rest of the coaches in the league, he decided to retire from racing and take up coaching.
Women: #1 Villanova Defeats GTown 26-42
On The Boards: Big East Results?????
ACC Recap: Florida State Sweeps Team Titles
Results: Women Men
On The Boards: ACC Results!!!
A10: Richmond Sweeps It's the first title ever for the men.
America East: Boston U. Men, Stony Brook Women Win *Binghamton's #1 van Ingen Drops Out And Binghamton Fails To Repeat As A Result
Friday: Heps: *Princeton Women Win 5th Straight Title
*Princeton Men Complete Perfect Weekend for Tigers The Princeton teams won both team and individual races as Donn Cabral outdueled defending champ Dan Chenoweth.
Monday: SEC (The SEC website doesn't even have the meet on its calendar).
*A Look At Ole Miss's Kirui Brothers (Barnabas And Martin)
He's Doing Better
1:50 800m/Academic All-American Dale Dunn From Coppin St. (& Jamaica) In Critical Condition After Being Shot In Chest He was talking to his mom on the phone when shot.
Week In Review
LRC The Week That Was Ryan Hall's big move, Doug Logan's law$uit and his contract with USATF being revealed, and LaShawn Merritt's ban being handed down. We've got it all covered plus some great quotes from Steve Jones and Galen Rupp.
- Usain Bolt Back Training 100% And Healthy (Plus A Picture Of Him Riding A Camel)
- Bolt Book Getting Good Reviews In Jamaica You can buy it here.
LRC Exclusives Galore
LRC Exclusive: Doug Logan Sue$ USATF: The Details Of His Law$uit And Employment Contracts The
lawsuit has already resulted in the release of Doug Logan's two employment contracts with USATF and we've got the dirty details for you.
The caviar, the first class flights, the $500,000 offered severance - read all about it (the caviar and first class flights are a joke).
LRC Legal Correspondent Matt Lane: "RULE 45": Is LaShawn Merritt Banned From The London 2012 Olympics? 11-time NCAA All-American and 4th place finisher at the 2000 Olympic Trials, Matt Lane, has graciously shared his legal knowledge with us and takes on the IOC's attempt to ban LaShawn Merritt from the 2012 Olympics.
Recommended Read 25 Years Later, Steve Jones Still Has British Marathon Record The Welshman isn't happy to still have it as he says, "I'm sad that I've still got the British marathon record because you want to see the sport move on." The article is full of great quotes as Jones rips charity marathoners.
Performance Of The Month - Kara Goucher Already Has Lost 27 Pounds & Will Be Up To 50 Miles A Week Next Week Remarkable considering her baby was born less than a month ago (9/24).
LRC Week That Was: Unspoiled Kenyans, High Mileage Success, Wilson Kiprop And Menjo And The Knights We go behind the scenes to cover the last week in the running world. We take a look at Stefano Baldini's lifetime mileage, our beloved Menjo, Wilson Kiprop and more.