your benevolent dictator
In our front page headline on Marugame Half Marathon, we forgot to mention the men. Here are the top results via Brett Larner.
1. Collis Birmingham (Australia) - 1:00:56 - NR
2. Enock Omwamba (Kenya/Yamanashi Gakuin Univ.) - 1:01:15 - debut
3. Tsuyoshi Ugachi (Team Konica Minolta) - 1:01:16
4. Kenta Murayama (Komazawa Univ.) - 1:01:19 - PB
5. Benjamin Gandu (Kenya/Nihon Univ.) - 1:01:21
6. Micah Njeru (Kenya/Team Toyota Boshoku) - 1:01:33
7. Masaki Ito (Team Konica Minolta) - 1:02:00 - PB
8. Abel Kirui (Kenya) - 1:02:04
9. Ryo Yamamoto (Team Sagawa Express) - 1:02:05
10. Johana Maina (Kenya/Team Fujitsu) - 1:02:14
36. Alistair Cragg (Ireland) - 1:03:14
38. Young Jin Kim (South Korea) - 1:03:22
DNS - Arata Fujiwara (Miki House)
Time for Cragg to retire?
Mona ran 1:00:27 in Tokyo. Was that downhill??
and Darren Wilson ran 60:04 also at Tokyo.....?!
Dazza actually ran 60.02 at Tokyo but it is a point to point course so I his time has that little a next to it.
63 minutes ain't exactly slow. Cragg needs to sort out his coaching situation then go for the full marathon again. If he can't crack it then its time to quit
Stormer for Birmingham to get the official Aussie record. The other times were run on point to point courses so don't count
|Fork in Road|
This race was a good one for a "Cragg DNF" but, he finished.
Looks like it might be time to change directions in his career. It happens to everyone.