Pages: | 1 | 2 |
caesarsghost
Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 6:53AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
In VERY windy conditions that would have severely suppressed times, Gregson beat Torrence, Willis, Risely, and Kiprop--in that order!

inals
1 Ryan Gregson 90 Aus 3:38.51
2 David Torrence 85 Usa 3:39.32
3 Nicholas Willis 83 Nzl 3:39.77
4 Jeff Riseley 86 Aus 3:40.50
5 Asbel Kiprop 89 Ken 3:42.52
6 Brenton Rowe 87 Aut 3:42.68
7 Ryan Foster 88 Aus 3:45.89
8 Hamish Carson 88 Nzl 3:45.95
9 Mark Blicavs 91 Aus 3:46.11
10 Josh Wright 91 Aus 3:46.46
11 Paul Robinson 91 Irl 3:48.97
12 Brett Robinson 91 Aus 3:49.92
13 Jordan Williamsz 92 Aus 3:58.60
-- Andrew Rotich 87 Ken
yah boi
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 8:00AM - in reply to caesarsghost Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pretty big win for Gregson there..
austinpowers
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 8:20AM - in reply to caesarsghost Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

caesarsghost wrote:

In VERY windy conditions that would have severely suppressed times, Gregson beat Torrence, Willis, Risely, and Kiprop--in that order!

inals
1 Ryan Gregson 90 Aus 3:38.51
2 David Torrence 85 Usa 3:39.32
3 Nicholas Willis 83 Nzl 3:39.77
4 Jeff Riseley 86 Aus 3:40.50
5 Asbel Kiprop 89 Ken 3:42.52
6 Brenton Rowe 87 Aut 3:42.68
7 Ryan Foster 88 Aus 3:45.89
8 Hamish Carson 88 Nzl 3:45.95
9 Mark Blicavs 91 Aus 3:46.11
10 Josh Wright 91 Aus 3:46.46
11 Paul Robinson 91 Irl 3:48.97
12 Brett Robinson 91 Aus 3:49.92
13 Jordan Williamsz 92 Aus 3:58.60
-- Andrew Rotich 87 Ken

Epic run for gregson. Great for David torrence though too. I wouldn't be surprised if he and manzano upset Centro.
runn
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 8:24AM - in reply to austinpowers Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The 1500 at the trials is so wide open it's crazy. Making the 5000 will require someone with the ability to go sub 13:10 or even 13:00
Will some of these milers move up to the steeple which will be a wide open event?
aussiehelp
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 9:06AM - in reply to runn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Can any of our Aussie friends give us more details on the race? He won by .8 which is an eternity.
bangalangadanga
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 9:16AM - in reply to caesarsghost Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Very Windy?

If I had to guess, Kiprop took it out hard and led for 1200 meters. Those silly Kenyans always pushing the pace.
Why not?  
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 9:29AM - in reply to bangalangadanga Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Kenyans don't run well in adverse conditions. The one downside to living in a "perfect" climate in the Kenyan highlands. Here's to hoping London will be a rainy, windy slopfest!
Kangaroo
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 10:43AM - in reply to bangalangadanga Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It was a strange however exciting race. Very windy conditions. Rotich the pace maker led it out hard and they were on 3.32 pace (Kiprop) for around 400m. Kiprop was on Rotich, followed by Risley and Gregson with Torrence hanging on. After Rotich pulled off Kiprop too up the running with the top 4 getting away from the second group which included Willis. Sorry I don't have splits. With about 450 to go Kiprop Risley and Gregson began to challenge and Kiprop slowed to a jog on the final lap with Torrence was kicking hard and Willis making a late run for it but had too much ground to make up. Gregson fought on strongly to the win.
Kiprop's run was strange. It almost looked like he simply stopped competing.

Again apologies I didn't have splits.
saw it online
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 10:44AM - in reply to aussiehelp Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm in Europe and saw the race online (someone here posted a live stream website...)

Anyway, Kiprop faded badly in the final lap after looking great up to that point and leading. I was surprised to see him fall back so quickly. He was overtaken by Riseley, Torrence, and Gregson. Willis made up ground quickly on the back straight.

Going into the final straight, it looked as if Riseley would take it. Gregson had to run wide to overtake Riseley and Torrence, and then kicked away from everybody. It was beautiful to see. Riseley was overtaken in the last meters by Torrence and a fast-closing Willis. It was an awesome race.

Kiprop just shook his head afterwards...He seemed stunned and slightly amused.
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 11:26AM - in reply to bangalangadanga Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That is the way Kenyans race. Kiprop would not dare to step on the track this early in Kenya, he will loose. I am not surprise he lost, the season just started. Wake me up in may, june, july and show me the results but of now, I am going back to bed.
Kangaroo
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 11:53AM - in reply to 2.03.38 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Really? Kiprop ran 1.45:91 2 weeks ago at the Sydney meet to win defeat Riseley....
Kenyans Kipchoge and Choge are also racing pretty well indoors too...
Listen to the Mockingbird
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 11:59AM - in reply to austinpowers Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

austinpowers wrote:

Epic run for gregson. Great for David torrence though too. I wouldn't be surprised if he and manzano upset Centro.

You should be.

In case folks still don't get it let me put it to you simply. Centro is The Man. This has been obvious to anyone paying attention since his high school 2 mile national championship.

If anyone is going to beat the Africans it will be Centro and/or Gregson.

You didn't hear it here first. But hopefully you will finally begin to get it.
Engrishman
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 12:02PM - in reply to 2.03.38 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

2.03.38 wrote:

That is the way Kenyans race. Kiprop would not dare to step on the track this early in Kenya, he will loose. I am not surprise he lost, the season just started. Wake me up in may, june, july and show me the results but of now, I am going back to bed.

Please learn English.

Thanks.
iowhjshdhhj
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 12:04PM - in reply to Kangaroo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Kangaroo wrote:

With about 450 to go Kiprop Risley and Gregson began to challenge and Kiprop slowed to a jog on the final lap with Torrence was kicking hard and Willis making a late run for it but had too much ground to make up. Gregson fought on strongly to the win.
Kiprop's run was strange. It almost looked like he simply stopped competing.

Alright, lets start 20 threads on this like with Galen Rupp and the 3000m...
aldsfjad
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 12:19PM - in reply to iowhjshdhhj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wheating needs to go back down to the 800. That is his best event. He has run fast in the 1500 but he has raced better at 800. Working on his 8 will give him his swagger back in the 15.
007run
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 3:22PM - in reply to aldsfjad Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This run isn't really serious. Whoever wins it shouldn't be too happy. Kiprop loses this race every year then burns everyone by the end of the summer.
ggg
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 3:47PM - in reply to 007run Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Kiprop is toast. Stick a fork in him.
Just Wondering Here
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 3:52PM - in reply to ggg Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

ggg wrote:

Kiprop is toast. Stick a fork in him.

Do you normally stick a fork in toast?
Boston11
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 4:19PM - in reply to Just Wondering Here Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If it was very windy doesnt that mean they had a tail wind for a bit as well?
caesarsghost
RE: Gregson is back!!! (def. Kiprop, etc) 3/2/2012 6:23PM - in reply to Boston11 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes, but the effect of the headwind is much stronger than the effect of a tailwind. It's like those old college physics problems where half a route is uphill, the other half down, and rather than averaging out even, it takes longer. The simple explanation is that once you lose some time, you can't get it back.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |