Quote Of The Day
“The victorious team, which comprised a German shot putter, an Australian sprinter, a 1,500m runner from Comoros, a 400m hurdler from Thailand, a 400m sprinter from Venezuela, a Russian triple jumper, an 800m runner from the British Virgin Islands and a Romanian 200m sprinter, provided the perfect combination of talents to triumph in the fledgling event.”
“The eight athletes completed the total 800m distance in a time of 1:40.20 – interestingly 0.71 faster than David Rudisha’s world record for the distance.”
– Excerpt from IAAF piece by Steve Landells describing the makeup of the winning team in the 8 x 100m relay which ended the Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China. The randomly assigned teams in the event were comprised of 8 athletes (4 boys, 4 girls) from all event disciplines and different nations. Overall, 66 teams (so 528 athletes) competed.
- Mo Farah spits on photograher's face in middle of race
- Alexa Efraimson Goes Pro And Signs With Nike
- I ran a sprint workout with a detrained 10.9 guy: humble pie was hard to swallow
- Why are so many runners VEGAN?
- Big Drama in Zurich: Who takes home the men's 800 DL title and $50,000 - Rudisha, Amos, Aman, Souleiman or Kiplagat?