Reebok Boston Indoor Games *Recap/Results *All Photos *Lagat Photo Gallery
LRC Bernard Lagat 13:11.50 AR, Rupp 4th 13:14 US 5,000m running is at an all-time high as Lagat won and smashed Galen Rupp's former American record of 13:18 and Rupp was well under it as well in fouth. In other action, Nick Willis
returned to pro-racing with a win in the mile, Tirunesh Dibaba ran 14:44.53
to win the women's 5,000m
exhibition race, Terrence Trammell ran a 7.49 meet record in the hurdles and Kenia Sinclair upset Anna Willard Pierce
in the women's 1,000.
10 Fastest US 5k Indoor Times Ever Before Rupp and Lagat, it had been 24 years since an American ran 13:26 or faster indoors.
LRC Reebok Photos From Pole Vault to 5000m
More: RRW: Lagat Rocks The Reggie With American 5k Record
On The Boards:*Official Reebok Mens 5,000M Thread
*Official Will Leer Bandwagon
*Reebok Games - Men's Masters Mile - Does Anyone Care?
- Yuriy Borzakovskiy Cranks 1:16.02 National Record 600m In Moscow
- Ryan Gregson 1:47.06 Gregson is Australia's version of German Fernandez.
- Curtis Beach 1:47.9 Split! Beach is a freshman at Duke and is the high school decathlete record holder.
- Meyo Mile Results 3:58.8 for Jeff See.
- T&F News Chooses Athletes Of The Decade Shaheen in the steeple, Borzakovskiy in the 800 ...
- Blanka Vlašić High Jumps 2.06 Indoors 3rd-best performance of all time.
- Another USADA Victory - BALCO Client And World Medalist Duane Ross Suspended
Jenny Barringer Leaves Mark Wetmore
Yet again, another Buff leaves the man who helped make them incredibly successful. First Goucher, then Ritz, then Jorge, now Jenny. Who's next? The luckiest person on the planet is Barringer's new coach - Juli
Henner Benson, assistant coach at Air Force.
Barringer On The Decision To Leave Wetmore: "He's an incredible college coach. He's proved that over and over again. Coaching a post-collegiate is a different job and takes a lot of time and a lot of energy. We've decided it's best for me to find a professional's coach."
Coach Wetmore has had two books written about his program, the critically acclaimed Running with the Buffaloes and the recently released An Honorable Run.
On The Boards: Barringer Switching Coaches One of our favorite posts: "It is kind of ironic that she's leaving a college coach because it's too much work for a college coach to handle coaching Pros ... for another college coach."
*Usain Bolt And Many Jamaican Athletics Stars Auctioning Off Dates To Raise $$ For Haiti
We don't show you most of it, but the amount of news about Usain Bolt has to be about 50 times more than any other track & field athlete.
*Bolt To Start Of 2010 With 400m Run BBC
Quick Glance At High School - Want To Be A Duck? Here's Who They're Signing
- Brian Schrader, 5th at Foot Locker, 1:52 as a junior.
- Parker Stinson, 8:54 3,200 as a junior.
- Cole Watson, 1:52 as a junior.
- Colby Alexander, 1:53, FL finalist.
Track & Field News Updates List Of Every American Sub-4:00 A record 15 Americans joined the sub-4:00 club in 2008, then a record 17 in 2009. Already in 2010, we've got 4 new Americans in the club, bringing the total number to 333.
*LRC Boards: Paul McMullen the biggest 4-minute miler??
Düsseldorf Meet - Fast Distance Times *Full Results
- Meet Recap IAAF.org
- LRC Boards: Paul Koech 13:02 despite runner stopping in front of him with 1 lap to go
- Augustine Choge 3:36 world lead.
- Yuriy Borzakovskiy 1:45 come from behind over Ismail.
- 36-Year-Old GBR Helen Clitheroe Wins 1,500 In 4:10
Antonio Vega Profiled By Sponsor Mizuno Vega's story is a worthwhile read for those who take up running late (like in their senior year of high school). Patient buildup is a theme we see over and over again with the successful runners. We recommend coaches and athletes really look at their plan and try to be patient.
Perfect For LetsRun.com
Sacramento Cowtown Marathon Forced To Rename - Wants Runners To Rename It This announcement just made us laugh.
Governing Bodies And Sport - Like Usual, A Mess
- After Paying Billions To Public School PE Programs, British Govt Says 1/3 Of 2012 Olympians Will Come From Private Schools Why would paying money to schools make kids better athletes?
- NPR Special Commentary On Caster Semenya And What The Difference Between Sex And Gender Is We're keeping this in the "governing body" section because the Caster Semenya super-drama seems like the ultimate tough decision for a sporting gov't body.
- Good Idea? Italy To Fine Their Athletes Who Test Positive In Vancouver We're not sure how much this accomplishes. How many winter athletes make any money to begin with?
European Track News
- Eamonn Coghlan Loses 40-And-Over 1,500m Indoor World Record To 3:44 Russian Coghlan was the first man over 40 to break 4:00 in the mile. Can you imagine doing that?
- Sergio Sanchez Continues Strong Running With 7:42 3,000m The Spaniard is en fuego.
- Samsung Galan Results World champs Christian Olsson and Phillips Idowu swept by Cuban triple jumpers.
New: Episode #3 - Training Talk With Brett Gotcher & Greg McMillan
Training Talk made its first appearance of 2010 on Wednesday night and the featured guests were Brett Gotcher and his coach Greg McMillan. The show was so good we went on for an extra 30 minutes. Along the way, we talked about greats such as Arthur Lydiard, Rod Dixon, Steve Jones, Galen Rupp, Vin Lananna, Dathan Ritzenhein, Ryan Hall, and Alberto Salazar. In terms of training advice, McMillan tells you how much you need to run to be great and whether or not he thinks the Africans are beatable. Text highlights of the podcast appear at the link above or you can download here. *LRC MBoard Thread On Greg McMillan Here.
LSU Wins 2007 NCAA Track Title 3 Years Later
FSU's "Tomahawk Nation" Reports Track Stripped Of 2007 NCAA Track Title Reason To Party: Your team (XC, indoor, outdoor women's and men's) may have moved up in the standings!
FSU Damage: FROM MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK AND FIELD:
- 2007 ACC Championship - Maintain Championship
- 2007 NCAA Regional - Maintain 1st Place
- 2007 NCAA Championship - 1ST Place To 2nd Place
*YouTube Recap Of 2007 Championship FSU
won cheated with Walter Dix and only 5 other athletes entered in the meet. Well, some of the people involved weren't exactly playing by the rules and thanks to a spat between the president of the school and the AD (... the most interesting part of the story), the NCAA got involved.
LRC Decides: Photo Album Of The Year -
<----- Let's Make Cross Country More Like This
61-Year-Old Yoshihisa Osaka Runs 2:38 Marathon
This is no surprise as he ran 2:34 at 59, 2:36 at 60 and now 2:38 at 61.
Who Were The American Distance Athletes Of The Year In 2009?
What Was The LetsRun.com Quote Of The Year In 2009?
We ask the most knowledgeable distance fans in the world to pick from Jenny Barringer, Shannon Rowbury, Anna Willard and Kara Goucher on the women's side and Dathan Ritzenhein, Meb Keflezighi and Bernard Lagat on the men's side. The quote of the year nominations come from the highest vote-getting quote from each month. No registration required, we want to see what you think!
Nothing Like Covering 83 Events In 1 Weekend
- Defar Going For 3,000m WR In Stuttgart Abubaker Kaki makes his season debut.
- Japanese Fans Excited For Mitsuya's Marathon Debut In Beppu-Oita Mainichi Brett Larner talks about the Japanese dissatisfaction with their marathoners.
"Racing Weight" - What Is The Healthiest Way To Reach Your Race Weight? A Taboo Subject, But We Think It's Good To Get It Out There
- NY Times' Gina Kolata On Matt Fitzgerald's Book Racing Weight She uses Dathan Ritzenhein as an example as he talks about his 12 years of trial and error with his weight.
- Click Here To Listen To Our Popular LRC Training Talk II - Rojo and Employee #1 talk with respected author Matt Fitzgerald.
- Click Here To Listen To Any LRC Training Talk We've talked to running guru John Kellogg about training, Matt Fitzgerald about his book "Racing Weight" and 2:10 debut marathoner Brett Gotcher and coach Greg McMillan of McMillan Elite in Flagstaff.
- Buy The Book Racing Weight At Amazon.com LetsRun.com viewers nearly put this book into the top 100 selling titles at Amazon.com last month.
It's Official: Barefoot Running/Minimalism Has Gone Over "The Tipping Point"
- Harvard Researchers Launch Website For Those Interested In Barefoot/Minimalist Running LetsRun.com received an email from one of the report's authors who thought our readers would be interested in their research and findings. We agree and are glad that LetsRun is being visited by Harvard Researchers.
- LRC Very Lively Thread On Mark Plaatjes' Article On Barefooting
- Brooks CEO Jim Weber Canded On Barefoot Running Perhaps the most straightforward take, we appreciate his honesty.
- LA Times Discusses Study On Barefoot Running
- WebMD On The Latest Research On Barefoot Running
Usain Bolt Coming To adidas New York City - Get Tickets Soon The one, the only, Usain Bolt announces he'll be coming in for the new Diamond League meet in Icahn Stadium (now called adidas NYC). There is unconfirmed speculation that a Bolt vs. Tyson Gay vs. Asafa Powell matchup is likely.
LRC Co-Founder Wejo Interviewed - Talks Running And LetsRun.com
Best way to get on the homepage is to let us talk about ourselves. Perhaps the best part is that the transcript refers to Rojo as Ronald.
US/Great Britain Relations - Hey, They're Taking Our Medals
*Veteran British Sprinter Donna Fraser Hoping To Get Upgraded To 1st Olympic Medal After Losing To American Cheat(s?) In 2004
*Way To Go USADA! Crystal Cox Given Retroactive DQ As She Tearfully Signs Admission We of course hope USADA got this right, but if they did, we give them credit for not giving up on catching and proving the cheats from our own country from several years ago. Many countries refuse to investigate and punish their own cheats.
*Jessica Ennis Rival - American Heptathlete Hyleas Fountain Sets Big PR And WL At Penn State The British press and public love Jessica Ennis. We're not sure we know a single person who follows Hyleas Fountain, but they should have a close indoor Worlds rivalry.
*Jessica Ennis Sets National Record In 60 Hurdles In Glasgow
*GBR Team Of Men And Women Defeat US Team At Aviva Intl.
The Charles van Commenee effect? The US did not send a top team, but still it has to feel good to beat the big dogs.
Gets #8 3:56.34
runaway win over Olympic champ Asbel Kiprop was the highlight of the Millrose Games.
*LRC Recap Of Distance Events And Other Action From Millrose We made sure we were there to take in one of the best indoor meets in the world. It was well worth it to see the Kiprop/Lagat duel come down to the last lap.
Recommened Read: Irish Times On Eamonn Coghlan Writer Ian O'Riordan recalls being a runner at Brown when Coghlan was a hero running 4:00 miles at the age of 40.
Super Bowl Commercials
View them again and vote for your favorite one here.