if he's healthy wrote:.
This is all post 2000 of course..I would love to hear some stories from races from the 1990s and before.
I only hear myths...sad but true.
Just one year from back in the day. Check out the top 6:
1. Kramer, D Carleton one of the best in D3 history (2nd all time 5000)
2. Hodge, R UMass Lowell (frequents these boards, and even has a Wiki entry: Robert J. "Bob" Hodge (born 1955) is an American distance runner who came third in the 1979 Boston Marathon with a time of 2:12:30. He has also won the Mount Washington Road Race (1976â€“1980, 1985 and 1987), the Bay to Breakers Road Race in San Francisco (1979), and the Beppu-ÅŒita Marathon in Japan (1982). His personal best time was his second-place finish at the 1980 Nike OTC Marathon in Eugene, OR at 2:10:59.)
3. Copper D no slouch, 5000 m champ in the late 70s.
4. Richardson, F MIT (2:14 marathon PR, top 10s at USOT marathon and NYC marathon)
5. Coy, Baldwin Wallace 24:33 8K xc PR
6. Henderson, D Wheaton (already mentioned with top 10 finish at DIs, and numerous top 10s at USAs AAU/TAC in track and XC, fastest D3 5000 m all time)