Just watched the W1500m, my observations:
1. Please, watch them on the line agin: Purrier-St.Pierre is *eyeing down* the field. And then turns away and shakes her head. I thought she looked pissed.
2. Gun goes off and it's actually her teammate, MacLean, who rams her way into the second line. Pushing Oisaka, who then bumps into Hiltz, who then elbows EPSP off the track...
I was happy to see MacLean in this race after the rounds, but she did significantly impair Oisaka (who was a step behind her, finishing 4th) and Hiltz, who was a favorite in this race.
Should MacLean be DQ? Was this a NBB hit-job on Nike and/or Hiltz? Was EPSP, at the start line, signalling the hit was on?
Few other points:
1. Is everyone's parents/relatives dying recently? Purrier said someone died, Jewitt, and Richardson.. what's going on here?
2. Rojo is right about the camera work regarding where the race is actually happening. It seemed like the camera angle was pulling the view away from the pack and into open empty track at times. Really frustrating when the Oisaka/MacLean race was going on.
3. McGee gave ESPS a nice butt slap at the end.