Quote Of The Day
“He’s able to let things go and move on in life. It’s a quality I’ve always admired. Where I hang on to things when I become discouraged about something, he can just let it go and move on to the next thing. … Elkanah as a person is just about the most remarkable human being I’ve ever met in my life.”
– Vickie Simpson, a parishioner at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Benton, Ill., talking about her former fellow parishioner Elkanah Kibet. In March, Kibet was still deployed overseas for the US Army. Now he’s a big-time contender for the Olympic team as he never lost his love for running and never gave up on his dream.
- LRC sleuths this is for you: What happened to Florida HS star who won 7 state titles 100 yrs ago? No one knows.
- Iowa superstar Stephanie Jenks (4:42 mile) commits to Cal Berkeley on twitter
- One footed german Markus Rehm jumps 27'6.75" - distance that would have won 2012 Olympic gold!!
- Only in Kenya: Over 1,000 elites expected for tmws Standard Chartered Nairobi this weekend (pic)
- LetsRun, meet US Army solider and Olympic marathon contender Elkanah Kibet