Quote Of The Day
“I confronted him (the coach) but that resulted in a big wrangle. What I discovered after engaging the girls was so shocking. One day, I think it was March 4th; he gathered the junior women’s team in a secret place and told them that to run well, they must have sex or give birth. His theory was that if a woman’s private parts are wide, their legs move easily. I was so shocked to hear such silly talk. Unfortunately some people believe he is a good coach. They continue to defend him.”
– Two-time Commonwealth Games gold medalist Moses Kipsiro talking to the Ugandan press about why he confronted a Ugandan coach at the team camp prior to the African cross-country championships. The coach is also accused of “persuading our ladies to get pregnant and abort at three months so they can run better.”
- 36:54 wins HS boys 10k race in Kenya??
- Sony's new optical disc format, Archival Disc, is planned to eventually be able to store one terabyte of data
- "Chris" in LetsRun.com pool is 16 for 16 on day 1. We still have a shot at the billion!
- What Single Words Grate on Your Ears?
- 1:59/4:07 runner Kate Grace leaves NY/NJ Track Club - returns West