Quote Of The Day
“British Athletics are due to announce that they plan to enlist the help of Alberto Salazar – the super-coach who turns also-rans into world-beaters – to consult on middle and long distance coaching in the UK. But, in an age when artificial performance is such a prominent topic of debate, how much do we really know about Mr. Salazar and his attitudes towards drugs in sport? …
He is directly quoted as saying that not a single member of his group would ever ‘test positive for anything. No way in the world,’ Salazar conveniently forgot that one of his athletes in the past did return a positive test – Mary Decker cited birth control pills for her failed test in 1996 but was never wholly exonerated …
In 1999, prior to coaching any athletes deemed to be truly at the top of the world game, Salazar gave a speech to the Duke University Law Review. In it, he makes the assertion that:
‘I believe that it is currently difficult to be among the top 5 in the world in any of the distance events without using EPO or Human Growth Hormone.'”
– UK writer James Fairbourn, writing on eightlane.org how he’s not convinced getting Alberto Salazar‘s help is a good thing in an article titled, “Careful what you wish for: Why getting into bed with Salazar mightn’t be such great news.”
- Check your 2013 LRC NCAA Contest Powered by RunFanShop.com Scores
- NXN v. Footlocker
- Backing out of a job you just started
- Verzbicas's chances at 2016 or 2020 Olympic team in TRACK
- Hicham El Guerrouj is oficially clean!!! His frozen urine samples can't be retested anymore!!!
- 14 year old splits 32:30 10km in a half marathon
- Megan Goethals Congrats!!