Pages: | 1 | 2 |
midwest runner007
Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 5/23/2005 12:18PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Does anyone know how to get rid of red skin marks left over from acne? I know that laser treatment is one way, but didn't know if there was anything else, something I could get at a store. Some sort of acne mark/spot removal cream, lotion, etc? Thanks for any help!
War and Peace
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 5/23/2005 12:25PM - in reply to midwest runner007 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
They'll go away eventually. The sunshine is good. Also, if you have a problem with acne, I would suggest mixing rubbing alcohol with water and putting a little on a wash cloth. Wipe your face in a circular motion, it's basically an astringent and exfoliant but not $4 a bottle with a bunch of bogus dyes, scents and additives. You'd be amazed at how much filth you pull out of your pores. Then run, sweat, and when you shower, put a little light moisturizer on your face after you dry off. I'd do it once a day it will keep your skin a lot more clear.
midwest runner007
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 5/23/2005 1:19PM - in reply to War and Peace Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bump
fruitbowl
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 5/24/2005 3:14AM - in reply to War and Peace Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Putting alcohol on your skin is one of the worst things you can do for acne - it's a viscous circle that will make your face sweat more. You're better off trying to correct the oil imbalance. It's not from dirt that acne comes - in fact often people with acne have 'cleaner' faces than those without due to repeated washing and cleansing. It's from too much oil. Try something like Ketsugo which addresses the cause of the problem.
topher the track
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 5/24/2005 4:38AM - in reply to midwest runner007 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Seawater and sunshine are great for this, oh yeah, and masturbate less.
HiHi
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/2/2005 11:45AM - in reply to topher the track Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
masturbate less? this for real?
BTO
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/2/2005 12:18PM - in reply to HiHi Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What are you people saying promoting sunshine? This will only make scars worse and/or more permanent.
lydiard from beyond the grave
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/2/2005 12:34PM - in reply to midwest runner007 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
HGH works wonders
fruitbowl
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/2/2005 12:42PM - in reply to midwest runner007 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
There's something called Bio oil that's meant to reduce scarring. I don't know if it's available in the US, sorry. Vitamin E might be a good idea, you can break the capsules and use the oil inside. I would just ask in a shop.. or ask a pharmacist.. it's a legitimate question. Or go into somewhere that sells skin products & ask them - they're bound to know. I'd stay away from anything that contains bleach of any form though. There's also something over here called 'fade out' which is for red skin & age spots which may work too.
Kaelynn
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/6/2005 11:14AM - in reply to topher the track Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
do u have this problem? how would sea water help? and sunshine.. wouldnt that make them darker. thats what my doctor said.. and mastrabate less....really? why does that matter
sunshine
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/6/2005 11:19AM - in reply to Kaelynn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sun is definitely the way to go. If you get a lot of sun and keep your face clean, they will go away quickly. Tanning beds work really well for getting rid of it, although a little more dangerous.
Kaelynn
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/6/2005 11:24AM - in reply to sunshine Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
oh hm wow. im not talking about acne im talking about the red marks. spots.. scars.. (my docotr says there not scars) but.. they are to me. how fast do u think they'll go away. ive had them for 6 months
No pizza for me.
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/6/2005 11:34AM - in reply to sunshine Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I lived with the truly fun kind of acne, cystic, for a number of years. I did the OTC routine, then precribed antibiotics and finally the end all of zit fixes - Accutane. It took accutane to finally end it, but that it did. The original poster asked about scars. OTC options
include creams for scars (the gradually lighten/lessen them) but the creams take a lot of time. There is also
chemical peels (the same used to "get rid of fine lines")
which will lessen the appearance of scars or marks if they're not too deep. If you have the bucks you can see a
dermatologist who can inject a substance directly into the poc mark, essentially filling in the craters. There is also laser treatments and stronger peels (as opposed to the OTC types). Tanning will conceal the scars but once you stop tanning they become visible again not to mention the dollar signs that will be flashing in your dermatologists eyes as he envisions all the (hopefully) pre-cancerous moles he'll be cutting off you (been there, done that). De[ending on the severity of your scars the OTC route may work, if not, do see your doctor, theres plenty of avenues to take. Good luck.
Kaelynn
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/6/2005 12:03PM - in reply to No pizza for me. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
well acutally, i did my mom called to make an appointment with the dermotoligist. but they only sent me to my actual doctor. and she said i dont need to see a derm. because they will fade. then i asked her about creams or any medicaition or surgery they can do to removie them cause i hate living with them,and she said no.. theres nothing.. they will just fade within6-9 months... its been 6 months. atleast. im tired of living like this waht do i do!!!
try it
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/6/2005 1:48PM - in reply to Kaelynn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Try the antibiotics called Doryx. They are pretty pricey, but they work really well and have minimal side effects.
Hi
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/6/2005 2:18PM - in reply to try it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
sun light has no effect. it looks better when you are a little tan but once it fades you are back to zero again. A dermotoligist has a special tool to reduce the scares. I had it done and my skin became very nice. It is important that you are done getting pimples though, otherwise you will just get scares again.

Good luck
unidentified skater chick
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/26/2005 4:12AM - in reply to Hi Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ok what i have read already is good ways except the masterbating one but i have had acne 4 a long time i am 14 right now so i had acne since i was 9 and it sucked but i couldn`t really do anything about it i tried all the products proactive works sometimes 4 some people but what i do is wash my face really well with soap and then after i dry my face off i put on some rubbing alcohol and wait 4 about 10 mins till alcohol had set in and started getting rid of the dirk from the marks and after that i use coco butter if is working rEALLY WELL 4 ME so try it sometimes don`t worry u will be happy
olympicrunner08
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/26/2005 4:26AM - in reply to unidentified skater chick Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
dont worry the heck about acne, acne scars/marks they will not make you slower, watch your face when you wake up, in the middle of the day, and before going to bed, shower after exercising even if you hardly sweat, eat healthy and keep intake of saturated fats, trans fats, and man made processed food to minimum, don't do these and you deserve acne, oh ya I got to add exercise which im sure u already do since your on a running forum
XC Junkie
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 6/26/2005 8:39AM - in reply to Kaelynn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Massage the affected area with a sliced lemon, let the juice sit for 5-10 minutes and then rinse off in the shower.
Alay Zehra
RE: Getting rid of acne spots/marks? 7/14/2005 10:34AM - in reply to XC Junkie Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
acne spots go away with time...if u want to get rid of them soon then do alot of of excercises 9untill your face gets red), make sure you sweat it out, let there be blood circulation..drink lots of water. in the morning when you wake up take atleast 3 to 4 glasses of water..i do realize you will be needing to go to the washroom for a couple of times after drinking tht but peeing would be very good for the skin...also, dont worry too much, take vitamin 'C', eat lots of fruits, avoid oily stuff and other junk food. So Goodluck kids! ;)
Pages: | 1 | 2 |
100% Money Back Guarantee