David Monti of Race Results weekly has reported that Pete Kostelnick has broken the course record by nearly an hour in winning the 2016 Badwater race.
"Both Pete Kostelnick and Alyson Venti smashed the existing course records here, in Kostelnick's case he did it by nearly an hour! Kostelnick also retained his 2015 title from"
Styr Labs Badwater Ultramarathon 135 (38th)
1. Pete Kostelnick, 29, Lincoln, NE, 21:56:32 CR*
2. Lewis Harvey, 40, Cincinnati, OH, 23:40:52
3. Dan Lawson, 43, GBR, 23:52:43
1. Alyson Venti, 34, Miami, FL, 25:53:07 CR*
2. Brenda Guajardo, 39, Austin, TX, 28:40:13
3. Nikki Wynd, 44, AUS, 29:06:00
The race starts at -280 ft of elevation and finishes at 8300 feet and features a total of 14,600 feet of cumulative vertical ascent and 6100 feet of cumulative descent.
Photo of winner
Here are some more photos: