Pages: | 1 | 2 |
nikeman
Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/1/2013 11:39PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Finals
1 Solinsky, Chris Nike 8:05.38
2 Britt, Barry Idaho 8:12.62
3 Colle, Stephane Unattached 8:18.69
4 Walker, Andrew Gonzaga 8:20.44
5 Wells, Cody Portland 8:22.99
6 Bruchet, Luc British Columbia 8:23.62
7 McCandless, Conor Gonzaga 8:23.77
8 Dunbar, Miles Unattached 8:24.48
9 Fischer, Ned Gonzaga 8:25.45
10 Hole, Nigel Point Grey Tfc 8:25.70
11 Smith, Jacob Unattached 8:28.32
12 Krawczyk, James J.D. Unattached 8:29.12
13 Kempton, Matthew Denver Tc/ R 8:30.27
14 Bowns, Alex Unattached 8:31.40
15 Whan, Connor Portland 8:32.22
16 Richie, Patrick Gonzaga 8:32.56
17 Kelly, Tate Gonzaga 8:34.21
18 Chester, Sean Unattached 8:34.49
19 Branch, Kyle Gonzaga 8:34.95
20 Maguire, Lehm Unattached 8:36.03
Bubbadeeboo
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/1/2013 11:53PM - in reply to nikeman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He probably couldnt even have paced his teammates thru 3k
nikeman
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/1/2013 11:58PM - in reply to Bubbadeeboo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
They went through 3K in 7:53. He ran 8:05 and won by 7 seconds. I think that he could have gone under 8 minutes with some competition.
what? 3k race, right?
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 12:04AM - in reply to nikeman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What do you mean by "they went through 3k in 7:53"? Wasn't it a 3k race that was won in 8:05 by Solinsky? What's this 7:53?
JasonInReno
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 12:09AM - in reply to what? 3k race, right? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I was there, and Chris looked very relaxed, strong and smooth throughout. I think he ran about 2:30 for the last 1000.

Good start to the season for Chris.
raven cronk
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 12:12AM - in reply to what? 3k race, right? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
referring to the 3k split of his teammates who ran in NYC this evening. They split 7:53 in route to the AR 13:07 for Lomong.
good
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 12:18AM - in reply to what? 3k race, right? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

what? 3k race, right? wrote:

What do you mean by "they went through 3k in 7:53"? Wasn't it a 3k race that was won in 8:05 by Solinsky? What's this 7:53?

Come on. Seriously?
Gulp
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 1:36AM - in reply to nikeman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The 1st step back a full race.
I predict a good year for Chris lies ahead.
rojo
co-founder
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 1:55AM - in reply to nikeman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This appears to be his first completed track race since June 24, 2011. Way to go Chris.

I actually was out to dinner with many of his teammates and coach when the results came in and they seemed encouraged by the results. I joked, "You guys should have had him just come here and run as hard as possible for as long as possible."

For the moron #2 poster who says he couldnt pace his teammates, that's not the point. He might be able to run 10 seconds faster and pace them but why kill yourself and really tax your body when you are coming back from injury?
crazy raisin
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 2:17AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Encouraging result, I always figure a 3k is about twice a mile time, and a 4:03 would be a fine off-season run for him right now.
Seyta
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 8:45AM - in reply to crazy raisin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

crazy raisin wrote:

Encouraging result, I always figure a 3k is about twice a mile time, and a 4:03 would be a fine off-season run for him right now.

Not a very logical assumption...

This would mean Daniel Komen's Mile should've been 3:40, and Rupp's most recent mile should've been around 3:45
T.. Boone Smithereens
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 8:59AM - in reply to Seyta Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am ready for this clown to retire. Remember how that skinny dude knocked him flying off the track and this clown always tried to be so tough. ROFL!!!
Sbooby Doo
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 9:02AM - in reply to T.. Boone Smithereens Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
hey Chris! Watch out behind you - Mary cain is coming!
yessir
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 9:31AM - in reply to Sbooby Doo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What exactly was Solinsky's injury and how did it happen? He was running so fast... such a bummer. I know he had some kind of surgery, but don't know the specifics. It seemed to me like he just abruptly disappeared.

Rojo, when you say his teammates were encouraged by the result, it makes me think they're being cautious about their expectations for him. Is his a situation where it's a long shot that he'll return to his peak form from a couple years back?
Let us Run
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 9:51AM - in reply to yessir Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He had some kind of lingering hamstring issue, then tripped over his dog on the stairs and tore it off the bone. He had to have it surgically reattached to the bone, which obviously takes a long time to come back from.
grizz
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 10:41AM - in reply to Seyta Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Seyta wrote:

crazy raisin wrote:

Not a very logical assumption...

This would mean Daniel Komen's Mile should've been 3:40, and Rupp's most recent mile should've been around 3:45

Oh, don't be obtuse. Crazy Raisin clearly said "about" twice a mile. It's a fair estimate, though not PERFECT, obviously. It's probably a little conservative for estimating mile fitness, but it's in the ballpark, anyway.

Both runners you listed were distance runners, and would be expected to be better at the 3k than the mile. Solinsky's PRs are what, 3:34 and 7:35? Fairly close, anyway.
////????////
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 11:12AM - in reply to Let us Run Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Let us Run wrote:

His hamstring was progressively tearing throughout the season, then tripped over his dog on the stairs and tore the last bit more off the bone to the point where it was unbearable. He had to have it surgically reattached to the bone, which obviously takes a long time to come back from.

FIXED just to point out the truth, LOTS of schumacher athletes were getting overtrained that year.
Tghpdx
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 12:25PM - in reply to Sbooby Doo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Sbooby Doo wrote:

hey Chris! Watch out behind you - Mary cain is coming!

Ha ha ha
Option no. 2
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 1:36PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
We get it. You went out for dinner with those guys. Great. Stop trying to subtly boast about it by recounting non-eventful stories that happened. Either tell us about a cool or insightful thing from the meal or don't bring it up at all. You must be very insecure.
manners?
RE: Solinsky easily wins 3K at University of Washington 3/2/2013 2:48PM - in reply to Option no. 2 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Please don't be rude to your host without cause. Thank you.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |