Pages: | 1 | 2 |
The Dingo
Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 7:40PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No one is talking about this?

Texas goes from #1 in the nation in the DMR to out of nationals in less than an hour. Creese had a big kick to open up and take the first heat. Callahan has a huge kick to take the second heat. Nova takes the last heat leading the entire way.

Who's the favorite for nationals at this point? You obviously have to favor the kickers like this meet demonstrates; Creese, Callahan, McEntee, etc.

Boy I feel bad for Texas though. I guess that's the risk you take though.
george oscar bluth
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 7:47PM - in reply to The Dingo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Meyo Magic

If you want to take a DMR to nationals, you have to go to Alex Wilson
looonghorns
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 7:49PM - in reply to The Dingo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
There should be a conversion for 320m tracks.
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 7:51PM - in reply to The Dingo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
this system is messed up. it simply makes the last chance weekend a sort of "prelims" before the big dance... let's just call it that next year instead of having last chance meets that bump the best teams in the country out of contention completely.
spade detector
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 8:05PM - in reply to 342 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It doesn't do that. Texas was an inferior team.
how do you figure?
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 8:09PM - in reply to spade detector Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
While I don't agree with the above poster, spade you are out of your mind. How is a team that misses by fractions of a second that ran their time over a month ago, Suddenly inferior? Surely they could have run an improved time. You can say retroactively that maybe their coaching staff made a poor decision in thinking they are safe. However I don't think there are many national list leaders who assume they are not safe to get in the meet with 1 day to go...
UTrurun
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 8:12PM - in reply to how do you figure? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Stupidity makes other animals inferior.
bnvbfd
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 8:18PM - in reply to how do you figure? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
And Stilin of Texas could also get bumped in the Mile. He's currently sitting 15th and a bunch of the DMR anchors are entered in the Mile on Saturday and don't have qualifying times. They'll have to run really fast, though.
The Jerk Lister
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 8:25PM - in reply to spade detector Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

spade detector wrote:

It doesn't do that. Texas was an inferior team.

maybe inferior team this year - but the University of Texas DOES hold the World Record - not the American Record - the WORLD RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
excattyguy
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 8:34PM - in reply to The Jerk Lister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I thought it was only a world best time, not a world record. I didn't know there was a recognized WR in the DMR.
CorpulentCruiser
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 9:03PM - in reply to The Jerk Lister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Texas' record is 9:25.97. Put Loxsom in the PSU's relay and the record is theirs.
Fattty R. Belt Buckle
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 9:06PM - in reply to CorpulentCruiser Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
easier said than done - you had Oregon with all the fast milers - and could not even break 16
Not WR
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 9:06PM - in reply to The Jerk Lister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Texas doesn't hold the World Best OTC ran faster a few years ago in Seattle I think.
Once an Expert
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 9:07PM - in reply to excattyguy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sam Ellison split 46 flat. Wow.
26mi235
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/1/2013 9:17PM - in reply to The Jerk Lister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It has to have athletes all of the same nationality on the team to count as an NR or a WR.
Fair Is Fair
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/2/2013 4:52PM - in reply to 26mi235 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Delta Timing was in charge though, so who knows if those results are correct......
CGBatch
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/2/2013 5:14PM - in reply to Not WR Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Not WR wrote:

Texas doesn't hold the World Best OTC ran faster a few years ago in Seattle I think.

They ran at Dempsey though, so it doesn't count. Penn St should break the Texas mark next week.
Mathias
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/3/2013 8:30AM - in reply to CGBatch Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Who cares if Texas does or does not hold a record. If they thought they were good enough to be at the NCAAs, then they shold have run at Alex Wilson - like all the other better teams. Hubris ...
AR=WR
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/3/2013 10:17AM - in reply to Mathias Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The AR for the DRM indoors is pretty much always going to equal the WR as it is only ran in the US. It is a great event though and it would be great to see it adopted by European athletics of the IAAF for their indoor champs.

For outdoors the only place it is run is at The liks of Penn and other relay meets in the US.
coach d.
RE: Alex Wilson NCAA DMRs - Crazy, Texas OUT of Nats 3/3/2013 1:07PM - in reply to AR=WR Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Run, not ran.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |