Pages: | 1 | 2 |
not a big drinker
Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 11:41AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I watched an interview with a guy high up with the American division of Coca-Cola and he repeatedly said "healty, active lifestyle". They obviously want Coca-Cola to be associated with a healthy, active lifestyle.

They just released an ad that talks about obesity.

Do you think anyone will buy this attempt at association?
moranick
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 11:43AM - in reply to not a big drinker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No I do not believe anyone will buy this attempt at association. Nevertheless fata$$es gonna drink it.
EZ10Miler
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 11:46AM - in reply to not a big drinker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You can drink Coke. Just dont drink 5 a day or something crazy.
Papa Litton
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 11:46AM - in reply to moranick Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's no worse than Gatorade and is part of my active lifestyle.
Romulus
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 11:47AM - in reply to not a big drinker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
coca-cola can be part of a healthy active lifestyle in moderation (one every couple weeks or month). Or if you train like Cam Levins. There are much better sodas out there though, so I don't even know why you'd want to drink coke other than the fact that its relatively cheap.
I love peeps
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 11:52AM - in reply to not a big drinker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Its been widely reported that Coke causes seizures in non epileptics and intensifies seizures in epileptics. Monster energy drinks also do the same thing. Both of these drinks also cause testosterone to drop in men.

Do not touch either of these produces if you wish to be a good athlete, be a safe driver, or live as long a life as you otherwise could.

Literally death in a can.
Wossamotta
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 11:55AM - in reply to I love peeps Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My ex-girlfriend drinks all that Snapple, Nantucket Nectar, and Arizona stuff, all of which have more sweetener and calories than Coke.
I do notice that 7.5-ounce cans of Coke are now readily available. That's about all you need.
RAC
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 11:57AM - in reply to not a big drinker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Gatorade contains fire retardant.

The caramel coloring in Coke can cause cancer.

Beaver anal glands are used in vanilla flavoring (google castoreum).

Tobacco is a 100% natural product and therefore must be good for you.
toro
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 11:59AM - in reply to not a big drinker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Coke and Pepsi have always been a part of my healthy, active lifestyle.

A lot of people have had beer in their healthy, active lifestyle.
random a hole
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 12:09PM - in reply to I love peeps Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

I love peeps wrote:

Its been widely reported that Coke causes seizures in non epileptics and intensifies seizures in epileptics.

Can you show me some links to these widely reported stories about seizures in non-epileptics associated w/ consumption of Coke?
nikeman
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 12:11PM - in reply to random a hole Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The stress of worrying so much about what you put into your body is going to kill you a lot faster than what you actually put into your body.
feeeee
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 12:34PM - in reply to nikeman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
People are funny. If not drinking pop gives you the sense of superiority you need to give you purpose in life, more power to you.
ataglance
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 12:36PM - in reply to not a big drinker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Too often these "reports" are soemthing like:
-Person drinks coke> person eventually dies> coke causes people to die.

It's like the old "gateway" argument for weed. It's misguided reasoning at best.
PTF
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 12:57PM - in reply to random a hole Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

random a hole wrote:

I love peeps wrote:

Its been widely reported that Coke causes seizures in non epileptics and intensifies seizures in epileptics.

Can you show me some links to these widely reported stories about seizures in non-epileptics associated w/ consumption of Coke?

http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_induced_seizures_and_hyponatremia.htm
crusty old man
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 1:02PM - in reply to nikeman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No, nikeman. If you quit eating so much crap (cut fake sugar to zero) that you like to brag about I guarantee you would knock a minute off your 5K.

nikeman wrote:

The stress of worrying so much about what you put into your body is going to kill you a lot faster than what you actually put into your body.
No Way
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 1:07PM - in reply to PTF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

PTF wrote:

random a hole wrote:

I love peeps wrote:

http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_induced_seizures_and_hyponatremia.htm

Aspartame isn't in regular Coke
PTF
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 1:16PM - in reply to No Way Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes...I think the link to seizures is with Diet Coke...not regular coke.
running girl 79
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 1:31PM - in reply to not a big drinker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Interesting points. I agree though that coke may not be any worse than gatorade or poweraid or having water and taking gels. In all cases, a runner is ingesting water and sugar. In a marathon though, gatorade does have some salt which could help prevent hyponaetremia. Not sure about aspartame, there have been a lot of studies. In one study, rats were given the eqivalent level of aspartame a human would injest by drinking something like 100 cans of diet soda a day. So many of the studies unfortunately are probably funded by either soda companies or anti soda lobbyists so may not be done properly.
Bad Wigins
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 5:09PM - in reply to not a big drinker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I drink a liter of Mountain Dew every day and I have never been fat. In fact it supports my high energy needs so I don't lose muscle bulk and turn into some wussy little scrawny thing.

I think the people who get fat from soda are the ones with no muscles. They don't use the energy so they get fat, which further reduces their energy use, starting a vicious cycle where they spiral into chronic obesity.

But I don't drink colas because they are usually made with phosphoric acid which is bad for bone health. Drink citric acid not phosphoric acid. And Coca-cola is false advertising, there is no cocaine in there at all.
wonderer of a thing
RE: Did you know that drinking coca cola is part of a healthy, active lifestyle? 1/15/2013 5:38PM - in reply to PTF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

PTF wrote:

Yes...I think the link to seizures is with Diet Coke...not regular coke.

I often wonder if diet soda will be to our generation what cigarettes were to my grandparents' generation (i.e. ubiquitous thing that turns out to kill people).
Pages: | 1 | 2 |