Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
jjjjkkkklll
My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 8:36PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He went on to say that running is just a big waste of time. He said people do it, because they want to be seen, kind of like a personal sense of showing off.

Could this be true? after all I do tend to run every day, i was good in high school but now my olympic dreams turned out to be false, I'm not that good afterall.
yygg
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 8:39PM - in reply to jjjjkkkklll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
how do you know your olympic dreams turned out to be false?
redux
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 8:41PM - in reply to jjjjkkkklll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Did you mention that no one is impressed with his drunken rants? Or his impending heart attack?
mcflounder
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 8:41PM - in reply to jjjjkkkklll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
your uncle is correct.
t94bell
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 8:43PM - in reply to jjjjkkkklll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If it gives you an intrinsic satisfactory benefit, then I really would not give a flying f*ck what your uncle thinks.
Goldenboy
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 8:51PM - in reply to jjjjkkkklll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My own Mom didn't support my running. She said she didn't understand why I ran so much - and why did I run twice a day? She said it would never get me anywhere and I should spend more time studying instead of on all this running nonsense. Well, I had Olympic dreams too, and they weren't realized. BUT, I received a scholarship to a small D1 school, kept training hard and improved my times. I then was able to transfer to one of the top 5 academic schools in the country due to my running. I got a degree in a growing field and launched a successful career and have owned my own company for 15 years now. None of that would have been possible without my running. You never know what doors running will open for you, or where it will take you. Your running may lead to other successes off the track - that in the end you will find to more valuable than success on the track.
SameBoat
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 8:54PM - in reply to jjjjkkkklll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Dennis Reynolds
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 8:55PM - in reply to Goldenboy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
QTPi
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 9:12PM - in reply to jjjjkkkklll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
what does he do that people care about?
Mmm ok
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 9:57PM - in reply to jjjjkkkklll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What does your uncle do that anybody gives a sh*t about?
inferiority complex
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 10:11PM - in reply to jjjjkkkklll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ask him why it bothers him.
runninron242
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 10:21PM - in reply to inferiority complex Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Running means a heck of a lot more to a person than just the running. There may not be any outward results now or in the near future. One day the dedication to the trial of miles will show up in your life then you will have your own shit to give.
kerasti
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 10:27PM - in reply to SameBoat Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"Either you will go about the task of seeing to those needs by learning a unique set of skills, or the world will reject you, no matter how kind, giving and polite you are. You will be poor, you will be alone, you will be left out in the cold."

Total BS. Good people want to give in relationships without getting anything in return. But if you are giving them crap, you can't expect them to hang around.
kerasti
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 10:48PM - in reply to kerasti Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This article was obviously written by a guy. "It's up to you, but don't complain about how girls fall for jerks; they fall for those jerks because those jerks have other things they can offer."

The girls who fall for jerks or want a guy with money are either immature, has her life priorities off, or lack self esteem. You don't want that chick. You want someone who wants a mature relationship, not play a junior high game with your heart. A woman who is a good catch will respect herself and only accept men who are nice to her. She is confident in who she is and chooses to be single over being with any man who will put her down. It doesn't matter if he has a lot of money or is a doctor. I dropped a doctor without any thought of money because it wasn't a good relationship and it was affecting my personal success in so many areas of my life.

The guy who can do surgery is the one who has developed good characteristics though. Just like a man wants a woman who has a good personality, a girl does too.
Klo98
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 11:31PM - in reply to kerasti Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Running because they want to be seen? How is that any different from say going on a bike ride or walk? I'm guessing you would be seen doing those things too. How about running for exercise/to stay in shape, to help manage stress/clear your head, to train for a race (and no it doesn't have to be the Olympics). I definitely don't think it's a waste of time for all those reasons. Perhaps your uncle is a bit jealous of your ability or motivation to get out there everyday and run.
Grahmmor Natsi
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/29/2012 11:51PM - in reply to Klo98 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wait, did your uncle put his quotation marks before or after his exclamation point? Because if it was before, you should tell him he's an idiot.
WhatWouldBobWeirDo?
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/30/2012 12:01AM - in reply to jjjjkkkklll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Me and my uncle went ridin' down,
South Colorado, West Texas bound.
We stopped over in Santa Fe,
That bein' the point just about half way,
And you know it was the hottest part of the day.
I took the horses up to the stall,
Went to the barroom, ordered drinks for all.
Three days in the saddle, you know my body hurt,
It bein' summer, I took off my shirt,
And I tried to wash off some of that dusty dirt.
West Texas cowboys, they's all around,
With liquor and money, they're loaded down.
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame;
You know my uncle, he starts a friendly game,
High-low jack and the winner take the hand.
My uncle starts winnin'; cowboys got sore.
One of them called him, and then two more,
Accused him of cheatin'; Oh no, it couldn't be.
I know my uncle, he's as honest as me,
And I'm as honest as a Denver man can be.
One of them cowboys, he starts to draw,
And I shot him down, Lord he never saw.
Shot me another, oh damn he won't grow old.
In the confusion, my uncle grabbed the gold,
And we high-tailed it down to Mexico.
I love those cowboys, I love their gold,
I loved my uncle, God rest his soul,
Taught me good, Lord, Taught me all I know
Taught me so well, I grabbed that gold
And I left his dead a$$ there by the side of the road.
HeyYaWantSomePussay
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/30/2012 12:05AM - in reply to Grahmmor Natsi Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why's that? Maybe you should learn something about English grammar outside of the US.
iguess
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/30/2012 12:24AM - in reply to SameBoat Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
that article is life-changing
The Animal Within
RE: My uncle told me tonight, "What the hell you doing all this running for, nobody gives a shit"! 12/30/2012 1:04AM - in reply to jjjjkkkklll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well no one does give a sh--, that part is true.

But I was told this and it paid for my college education and I met my wife thanks to me running in college so whatever. The majority don't care, but I do. The people I run with do. And with heart disease and diabetes a few generations back I'll keep running in hopes to live a better life.

People don't understand what we do, it is something you can't explain but has to be experienced. No offense but he sounds like a dick.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |