Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
Muddy Runner
Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 9:33AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Are there any tough courses still used or are they all flat these days?
nycer 8
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 9:35AM - in reply to Muddy Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ja, even heps moved away from Van Cortlandt for the much faster princeton course. I know there were scheduling problems, but still.
i like to run
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 9:55AM - in reply to Muddy Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Griak! Constant hills the entire way.
d2xccoach
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 11:15AM - in reply to Muddy Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Lyndon State College (Vermont)

Their course is so tough I get tired just coaching there.
Near Pacifica, California
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 11:20AM - in reply to Muddy Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Crystal Springs in Belmont, California.
Youdon'tknowme
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 11:25AM - in reply to Muddy Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Griak by far..
roarishly_delightful
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 11:31AM - in reply to Youdon'tknowme Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
8k/ 10k in Kenosha
The big hill is only hard the second time around.
R2 DII
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 12:59PM - in reply to roarishly_delightful Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
University of Southern Indiana hosted the DII Championships in 2004 and 2009. Pretty nasty course.
Dennis Reynolds
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 1:01PM - in reply to Muddy Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I blame Rupp.
andyWHACKER
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 1:05PM - in reply to Muddy Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Muddy Runner wrote:

Are there any tough courses still used or are they all flat these days?

Lehigh University
giffypop17
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 1:10PM - in reply to R2 DII Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

R2 DII wrote:

University of Southern Indiana hosted the DII Championships in 2004 and 2009. Pretty nasty course.

Where did they host it? Their regular home course couldn't handle a meet that large, and it's hardly a nasty course. Boring as can be, but not tough.
Colorado
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 1:15PM - in reply to Muddy Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
D2 South Central Region 2012 @ Willis Case Golf Course in Denver. Living he11. Was discussed in another thread but I feel its worth another mention.
A lot of toughies in Colorado though. I think they figure with the altitude you won't run fast anyway so why not just make the course as taxing as possible.
Not Suprised
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 1:18PM - in reply to R2 DII Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

R2 DII wrote:

Agreed! That was brutal in 2009 and the 80 degree temps didn't help either
wookie
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 1:37PM - in reply to Not Suprised Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Rim Rock, may not be overall "toughest," but is challenging and incorporates many classic course attributes that make it hard to run, like steep hills, trails, grass, woods, and even covered wooden bridges.
shittits
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 1:41PM - in reply to wookie Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
definitely willis case in denver....pretty nuts, then throw altitude into the equation
The iron price
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 3:59PM - in reply to shittits Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Slippery rock, PA
CAGuy
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 4:41PM - in reply to Near Pacifica, California Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Near Pacifica, California wrote:

Crystal Springs in Belmont, California.

I agree - Crystal Springs
reggie leech
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 4:52PM - in reply to Muddy Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
OSU's cowboy jamboree
kakdlaslkddkdka
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 5:15PM - in reply to Dennis Reynolds Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Dennis Reynolds wrote:

I blame Rupp.

You must have missed this race -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0J7QGcuOVU&list=PL64CAF5B466968AF3&index=1
tri`056
RE: Toughest cross country still in use in the NCAA 12/6/2012 8:37PM - in reply to i like to run Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Griak is not a hard course, sorry. Come run some Canadian xc races
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |