Happy Feet
RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 2:47PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"My next step will happen this winter when I go to train in Kenya with the amazing marathoners over there, which will be the same guys I will compete against in my upcoming marathons."

Full interview here http://innovationforendurance.msn.com/articles/detail/running/254240538
Obamabad
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 3:17PM - in reply to Happy Feet Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
if this is true it would do Hall some good.
george oscar bluth
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 3:19PM - in reply to Happy Feet Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Posting a thread title in all CAPS reeks of desperation.
T.R.
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 3:38PM - in reply to george oscar bluth Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

george oscar bluth wrote:

Posting a thread title in all CAPS reeks of desperation.
it is God's will. Do not question the Lord.
ukathleticscoach
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 3:41PM - in reply to Happy Feet Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Good post
adsfasfds
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 3:52PM - in reply to Happy Feet Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well it's about freaking time!
oll
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 6:20PM - in reply to Happy Feet Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Is that where he'll be able to safely inject EPO?
And The Lord Sayeth....
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 6:27PM - in reply to oll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You won't believe me on this, so you will have to ask Ryan... but Hall is now working with Renato Canova.

Most stuff on here is B.S. All someone needs to do is ask him.
The Quenton Cassidamius
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 6:45PM - in reply to Happy Feet Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It would do him good to work with Canova. Renato could be the change he needs to get the top.
Jumped the Snark
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 7:03PM - in reply to The Quenton Cassidamius Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Great idea, Ryan! Everybody knows your problem is that you don't run hard enough and that you always hold back too much in training.

Moreover, everyone knows Kenya is the ideal place to find the very best in massage, PT, ART, chiropracty, advanced medicine and everything else needed to get over the cascade of injuries you've been suffering from.

This could very well be the best decision of your running career...
suburbanxcore
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 7:04PM - in reply to Happy Feet Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Interesting. Hopefully it works for him and he can get it back together.
Azaleas
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 7:10PM - in reply to Jumped the Snark Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Huh, it's almost like those things are totally unimportant to running. Weird, isn't it?
Dickson street dogs
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 7:53PM - in reply to Azaleas Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeah, it definitely takes ART and cryo massage therapy to become the best. Pity no one told the Kenyans, Ethiopians, Eritreans, or Ugandans that. Are you that guy I see running mile repeats in 7:00 wearing arm warmers, compression socks, oakleys, and breathe right strips?
Coach Sandusky
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 7:58PM - in reply to Happy Feet Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
God told him to return to the promised land.
VF Runner
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 8:14PM - in reply to Coach Sandusky Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'll say this, if Ryan really does go over there for awhile before his next marathon, his next one won't be so-so. It may be a 2:04:30 PR or it may be a 2:13/dnf after blowing up. What it won't be is a 2:08/2:09 5-6th place, decent, but so-what, showing.
The Quenton Cassidamius
RE: RYAN HALL TRAINING IN KENYA 10/16/2012 8:22PM - in reply to Jumped the Snark Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Jumped the Snark wrote:

Great idea, Ryan! Everybody knows your problem is that you don't run hard enough and that you always hold back too much in training.

Moreover, everyone knows Kenya is the ideal place to find the very best in massage, PT, ART, chiropracty, advanced medicine and everything else needed to get over the cascade of injuries you've been suffering from.

This could very well be the best decision of your running career...

Considering that every 2012 Olympic Gold medalist from 800 meters on up trained in Kenya as part of their Olympic build up I would say it is safe to say that Kenya is an excellent place to train.