Pages: | 1 | 2 |
Hansons Future?
You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 6:35AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hansons picked up Neely Spence, Colby Lowe, and Jake Riley and after the results over the past weekend (Neely 2nd, Jake 8th 6 seconds off 1st) they appear to be doing quite well. According to some insider information they have some even better talent coming in over the next year that will give the group more depth and a solid 8-10 young guys/girls. The type of coaching is very similar to Jerry's group in Portland but they were developing 2nd tier athletes before. Now after a couple of years of good Talent coming in I think we will see a new king of the castle.

My prediction:

2013 Neely Spence makes world's in the 10k and the 5k with Jake Riley and Colby Lowe placing top 5 in the 10k both running an A standard of 27:40's

2014 After the additions that will be picked up in December and June of 2013 the team will be running with 5 guys sub 28:00 and 5 girls sub 32:00

2015 They take up muliple spots ranging from 5k,10k, 13.1, and 26.2 and NIke at this point is blowing a gasket because they are now a 2nd thought because some "2nd rate" program is getting top talent and showing they are the best coaches in the country.

2016 They will have someone in the 5k, 10k, and marathon on the team and they will be the top Americans in the field.

Hansons has done amazing so far with the talent they have, but its just a glimpse of the future as they turn into America's permier training group.

I will be quite excited to bring this page to the front over the next few years as the group takes off!

See you in the Summer
Only medals matter
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 6:40AM - in reply to Hansons Future? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How many medals will they win at Moscow 2013.
Hansons Future?
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 6:49AM - in reply to Only medals matter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Read the headline! This is a work in progress but once the train gets moving it can't be slowed down. Plus you don't have to worry about doping accusations like Salazar's group which is a bonus as well.
Hopkinton
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 8:19AM - in reply to Hansons Future? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
0/10
Kansas City Cheif
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 8:44AM - in reply to Hansons Future? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Keith and Kevin get in top athletes just like the Nike groups or Mahon in Mammoth. The only difference is the other coaches are better. I like the Hanson's group but they have always had access to the top talent, they just don't do anything with it.
No Medals means No Job
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 9:41AM - in reply to Kansas City Cheif Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
We need to see theses Hanson athletes win medals this year at IAAF Moscow otherwise you are full of bull.

Stanford and UCLA dumped their coaches recently because of the lack of world level qualifiers and medals which their alumni demand.
STEEPLE SUX
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 9:48AM - in reply to Hansons Future? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Not going to happen unless they pull in Ryan Hall or Shalane Flanagan. Those two will both win the marathon trials and be the only 2 that are capable of medaling in 2016.
mookie blalock
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 10:18AM - in reply to Hansons Future? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
We heard it here first...and we heard it here last
pissed off female
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 10:28AM - in reply to Hansons Future? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I do not believe that Desiree Davila would approve of this and therefore it will not happen. She must give her approval for any changes in the HBDP.
Greenz
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 4:35PM - in reply to pissed off female Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well if Ryan Hall joins the group that would be a good start. Unless that happens I don't see them being a factor internationally.
Bbmm
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 4:44PM - in reply to Greenz Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
1. I have heard puskedra has visited Hansons

2. Amy Hastings has been out as well

3. Ryan Hall has been mentioned

4. Neely Spence joined over the summer

If they keep getting athletes like this it won't be long until some big things start happening in Michigan
Wave technology
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 5:03PM - in reply to Hansons Future? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You mean the Mizuno Project?
Urheksshe
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 5:12PM - in reply to Bbmm Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Bbmm wrote:

If they keep getting athletes like this it won't be long until some big things start happening in Michigan

????? The only athlete they have out of those 3 and ever will is spence. She's not even worth mentioning compared to the other 3
mizunolab
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 5:18PM - in reply to Kansas City Cheif Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Case in point: Mike Kilburg: 28:20s 10k runner from UP, Leigh Daniels NCAA champ, Jankowski, etc.. Even with runners like Rizzo and Arciniaga who weren't blue chip recruits out of college: Both left Hansons, both knocked 2+ minutes off their marathon PRs after leaving.

I wouldn't compare the Hansons to Nike and Mahon:.differences in training environments, athletes with actual agents, and access to altitude make it too hard to compare. But yes, the there are many better coaches than the Hansons.

Kansas City Cheif wrote:

Keith and Kevin get in top athletes just like the Nike groups or Mahon in Mammoth. The only difference is the other coaches are better. I like the Hanson's group but they have always had access to the top talent, they just don't do anything with it.
ranbarts2
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 5:31PM - in reply to Hansons Future? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
As a native Michigander (Michiganian), I would love to see Hanson's expand and succeed but I don't see it happening. Yes, I like the fact that they are clean or drug free. One thing to consider is the hostile winter climate in Michigan. Not good for serious distance running. In Southeast Michigan, there are no significant elevation changes. Maybe 300 to 500 feet max. No altitude, max is 1100 ft near by.

If I were a 2:10 to 2:15 marathoner in my early or mid 20s, I'd head west and join the big boys.

I think Hanson's will have moderate success in the future. I have also noticed that they have a moderate turn over, thus many do not remain with them very long.
Just a bit higher score
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 5:36PM - in reply to Hopkinton Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Hopkinton wrote:

0/10

2/10, strictly because some people thought he was serious.
Yawner
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 5:37PM - in reply to No Medals means No Job Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
100% false as usual from the California medals nutjob.

No Medals means No Job wrote:

Stanford and UCLA dumped their coaches recently because of the lack of world level qualifiers and medals which their alumni demand.
Red Ted
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 7:03PM - in reply to Yawner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeah right and Ted Tollner should never have been fired.
VF Runner
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 7:32PM - in reply to Urheksshe Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Urheksshe wrote:

Bbmm wrote:

????? The only athlete they have out of those 3 and ever will is spence. She's not even worth mentioning compared to the other 3

Not yet, but I think (and hope) you will eventually be wrong about Neely. I think she's been brought along intelligently and will just keep getting better. I worry though that she may stall at some point with the Hansons.
jjjjj
RE: You heard it here first!!! TheHansons Brooks Project will be more successful then Jerry or Salazar by 2016!! 9/21/2012 7:46PM - in reply to Hansons Future? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
jake riley, props to him for a great college career, and even more so to colby lowe, but here's the different between top tier and second tier talent:
top tier: the best group
2nd tier: 2nd best group
Pages: | 1 | 2 |