cat's got my tongue
I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 8:46AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Girlfriend of 5 months and I see each other a couple times a week and talk on the phone once or twice. In between, we might text each other 3-4 times a day. We are both divorced with kids. The problem: Texting -I am totally coming up dry lately, aside from the standard "thinking of you" crap. Prior to this, I was wowing her with my simple and sincere(not overly sappy) expressions, now I have nothing. After this amount of time, I find myself repeating things I've already said. It wouldn't be so bad, but she's used to my "A" game, and it has left me. Feelings between us are growing, maybe I'm overthinking too much now. In any event, I am paralyzed by the thought of responding to a simple "you are sweet", or "I miss you". How do I get the mojo back?
Flagpole
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 8:56AM - in reply to cat's got my tongue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

cat's got my tongue wrote:

Girlfriend of 5 months and I see each other a couple times a week and talk on the phone once or twice. In between, we might text each other 3-4 times a day. We are both divorced with kids. The problem: Texting -I am totally coming up dry lately, aside from the standard "thinking of you" crap. Prior to this, I was wowing her with my simple and sincere(not overly sappy) expressions, now I have nothing. After this amount of time, I find myself repeating things I've already said. It wouldn't be so bad, but she's used to my "A" game, and it has left me. Feelings between us are growing, maybe I'm overthinking too much now. In any event, I am paralyzed by the thought of responding to a simple "you are sweet", or "I miss you". How do I get the mojo back?

When The Lovely Mrs. Flagpole utters an "I Love You Flagpole", I simply state, "good, it's a requirement".
flaneur
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 9:18AM - in reply to cat's got my tongue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Maybe you're talking to your girlfriend too much. There is only so much that two people can say to each other.
dirty qwerty
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 9:22AM - in reply to cat's got my tongue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Time to step up to sexting.
what was dat?
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 9:27AM - in reply to cat's got my tongue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Just text emoticons. She really just wants to know you are thinking of her. The words are mostly unimportant, unless they are insults to her.
Alex Sheen
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 9:31AM - in reply to what was dat? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
All my girlfriend and I talk about is my monster dong.
Er...
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 9:33AM - in reply to what was dat? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Email this guy; he definitely has the texting mojo and will for sure give you some helpful hints:

Brett_Favre@h0tma1l.com
marr age
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 10:06AM - in reply to cat's got my tongue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Once you are married, your texts will start to become more benign anyway, so you might as well get a head start. Here are my last 3 texts to my wife. Take your pick:

"I forgot to ask I'll ask around today" (in response to whether I had gotten a referral for hurricane shutter installation)

"I haven't really been using qtips. I've cut back almost 100%" (no explanation needed)

"[daughter #1] has a doctor appointment on Tue. 2/22 at 5pm"
what was dat?
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 10:10AM - in reply to Er... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Er... wrote:

Email this guy; he definitely has the texting mojo and will for sure give you some helpful hints:

Brett_Favre@h0tma1l.com
I tried that link, but it did not work.

I think I will stick to simpler stuff.
gayguysarecooltoo
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 10:15AM - in reply to cat's got my tongue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Here is a novel idea: don't text each other. I never send texts. I don't see the point, especifally if you don't have anything to say to someone. Save your time and your money. Cancel your texting plan. Speak to other human beings. If you don't have things to say, be silent. You don't need to search for things to talk/text about.
Shwing
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 10:16AM - in reply to marr age Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

marr age wrote:

"I haven't really been using qtips. I've cut back almost 100%" (no explanation needed)

I think this merits further explanation. Is this a case of the missing Q-Tips, and you are offering a flimsy alibi? Is this resulting from financial distress, and your wife complaining about not being able to balance the family budget because of your excessive Q-Tip usage? Had your wife made a comment about the abundance and health of your ear potatoes and was actually encouraging you to increase your Q-Tip usage.

My mind is just spinning away thinking about the possible scenarios. Please don't keep us in suspense.
notreallytimduncan
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 10:23AM - in reply to cat's got my tongue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
text her about what's happening in your life
like something interesting that happened on the way to work
or text sexy stuff
text n bake
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 10:37AM - in reply to notreallytimduncan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Picture text funny things. Keep your texting light and a fun part of the day, not a chore. When I get a text from my girlfriend at work I'm always excited to read it because I know it's going to be something more interesting than "miss you".

Example, today I sent a picture text of me bicep curling my stapler with the added text of "BUY ME SOME F***ING STEROIDS"

stuff like this is way better than serious texts.
deez nuts
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 10:43AM - in reply to notreallytimduncan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My last few:

"Boom Boom?"

"Snow party? 10pm, Your face or mine?"

"Whenever I see you it sets ma pecker on fiya."

"Do you know how to set an automated door hinge?"
certdy
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 10:43AM - in reply to cat's got my tongue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
These things have been touched upon already, but because they are good ideas I will reiterate them.

You have the following options:

(1) Just ask how her day is, women and people in general love to talk about themselves so just say something like "hey sweetie, I was just thinking about you, how has your day been going?" Then you just respond to whatever she says, things like '"wow, really?" "you don't say!?!" are golden

(2) Go for the sext...just say "hey darling, I am feeling pretty lonely right now, but I pic of those nice, firm tits will really help..."

(3) Talk dirty.
Mr. Obvious
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 11:00AM - in reply to certdy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I know lots of things to text your girlfriend. What's her number?
i know im a dick, the original
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 11:09AM - in reply to cat's got my tongue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
when she texts i miss u

you text back:
8======D ~~ O-: tonight!
clearasmuck
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 11:44AM - in reply to what was dat? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

what was dat? wrote:

Er... wrote:

Brett_Favre@h0tma1l.com
I tried that link, but it did not work.

I think I will stick to simpler stuff.

Try this website instead.

http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/
not my real fake name
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 12:00PM - in reply to clearasmuck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Post her cell no. here. We'll do the rest.
And, yes, you are welcome for this service provided by all Letsrunners.
marr age
RE: I've run out of things to text my girlfriend 2/3/2011 1:33PM - in reply to Shwing Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Shwing wrote:
My mind is just spinning away thinking about the possible scenarios. Please don't keep us in suspense.

Allright fine, I'll explain. It's actually a very boring but strange story.

About a year ago, my wife sent me a text that said "For the 1000th time, [our toddler's pediatrician] said to stop using qtips in her ears. She's seen too many kids get permanent hearing damage from them."

Strangely enough, this exact same text message arrived in my phone a few days ago as a new text message. I replied as described above. My wife, having not sent that text in about 1 year, had no clue what I was talking about and sarcastically replied "Wow thanks for the info on the qtips"

I think it was some kind of Sprint cell phone glitch. I don't even keep text messages in my phone for more than 4 months. So that text came out of the blue from the ether.