grasswalker
Benefits of walking barefoot in grass? 3/31/2010 7:59AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've heard of how walking barefoot in grass can strengthen feet and lower legs. Does anyone have experience with this. I have a history of niggling lower-leg injuries, so last night after my run I walked for 5 minutes barefoot in the grass. Is this something I should do a few times per week? Maybe increase to 10-15 minutes? I'm running anywhere from 70-90mpw right now, but hope to increase it to 100+ by end of April/early May. Thanks.
grasswalker
RE: Benefits of walking barefoot in grass? 3/31/2010 9:01AM - in reply to grasswalker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
quick bump
rdot
RE: Benefits of walking barefoot in grass? 3/31/2010 11:48AM - in reply to grasswalker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You're overthinking it. Just get out there when you can and walk. Be sure to keep your feet relaxed.
jondiksuk
RE: Benefits of walking barefoot in grass? 3/31/2010 12:00PM - in reply to grasswalker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ring worm is one.
ya man
RE: Benefits of walking barefoot in grass? 3/31/2010 12:55PM - in reply to jondiksuk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
dont' walk in the grass.

run in the grass.

walking on grass is good for your vision, according to ancient folklore from india.
I hate dogs
RE: Benefits of walking barefoot in grass? 3/31/2010 1:10PM - in reply to grasswalker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
One reason I don't do that is because people don't clean up after their stupid dogs. Don't like doo-doo squishing up between my toes.
Skuja
RE: Benefits of walking barefoot in grass? 3/31/2010 1:27PM - in reply to grasswalker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am a coach and I can offer you some advice. I agree with the poster who said you should run in the grass. Do your striders at the end of your run barefoot. This type of running helps to strengthen your foot and ankle muscles and avoid injuries. Trust me. You will be a healthier and better runner for it. Good luck to you.
Energy Medicine
RE: Benefits of walking barefoot in grass? 3/31/2010 2:50PM - in reply to grasswalker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
According to James Oschman, there are benefits from doing a barefoot walk on the grass in terms of receiving the earth's natural electromagnetic field. I know that may sound like a load of new age crap, but there is a scientific basis for it (ie, read his books or Robert Becker's about the effects of electromagnetic fields on health, both good and bad).

Not the answer you were looking for, but there is some truth to it.
most obviously
RE: Benefits of walking barefoot in grass? 3/31/2010 3:15PM - in reply to grasswalker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hookworm