partied out
serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/10/2008 6:10PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
hi guys,

well, ive had a problem for a while so i turn to the infinite wisdom of letsrun.

im 26 and a was a self admitted heavy drinker after meets and sometimes one a weeknight too in college (until 23). after college, i actually partied more because i didn't have the stress of running and homework, and i had a little more money. i'd say i go out about 4X a week, drinking heavily at least one. lately i've been having a little bit of bright red blood on my tp and some fat in my stool. i looked it up and it could be anything from ulcerative colitis to fatty liver to chronically inflammed pancreas.

any docs out htere know what it might be or if it's common? i know i need to go and get it looked at, but i'm sort of in denial and crapping myself right now i guess (no pun intended)....

serious replies would be greatly appreciated....
query
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/10/2008 6:41PM - in reply to partied out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
what is your diet like?
come on
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/10/2008 7:03PM - in reply to partied out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Priceless...aksing letsrun instead of going to a doctor!
grif
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/10/2008 7:15PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It could be a couple of things, but you better ask your boyfriend what kind of lube he uses.
Stoned
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/10/2008 8:31PM - in reply to partied out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Could be diverticulitis, ulcerative colits, IBS, or even a tumor. GET IT CHECKED OUT!

partied out wrote:

hi guys,

well, ive had a problem for a while so i turn to the infinite wisdom of letsrun.

im 26 and a was a self admitted heavy drinker after meets and sometimes one a weeknight too in college (until 23). after college, i actually partied more because i didn't have the stress of running and homework, and i had a little more money. i'd say i go out about 4X a week, drinking heavily at least one. lately i've been having a little bit of bright red blood on my tp and some fat in my stool. i looked it up and it could be anything from ulcerative colitis to fatty liver to chronically inflammed pancreas.

any docs out htere know what it might be or if it's common? i know i need to go and get it looked at, but i'm sort of in denial and crapping myself right now i guess (no pun intended)....

serious replies would be greatly appreciated....
yup
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/10/2008 8:37PM - in reply to partied out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
what does fat in a stool look like? thats interesting.
turkey leg
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/11/2008 1:00AM - in reply to yup Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No kidding. I would have noticed the blood but the fat and mucus? Are you serious?
Mrs. Masterbooner
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/11/2008 9:06AM - in reply to partied out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The blood could just be hemorroids. DITTO on the getting a doctor to check it out.
Mrs. Masterbooner
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/11/2008 9:10AM - in reply to partied out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The blood could just be hemorroids. DITTO on the getting a doctor to check it out.
Mrs. Masterbooner
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/11/2008 9:13AM - in reply to partied out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
scoutmaster
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/11/2008 9:31AM - in reply to partied out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
if its dark and tarry in colour its something serious in your upper gi tract if its light red in colour its more likely piles or whatever you americans call them but the mucuss is of concern too many things going on there to give a guess definately worth a trip to the doctor
scoutmaster
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/11/2008 9:34AM - in reply to partied out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
if its dark and tarry in colour its something serious in your upper gi tract if its light red in colour its more likely piles or whatever you americans call them but the mucuss is of concern too many things going on there to give a guess definately worth a trip to the doctor
scoutmaster
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/11/2008 9:39AM - in reply to partied out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
rocky packiranastan
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/11/2008 9:42AM - in reply to Mrs. Masterbooner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Join the Marines. They will give you a physical and treat you for free.
Do it now!!
Mrs. Masterbooner
RE: serious question - blood and fat/mucus in stool 10/11/2008 9:52AM - in reply to partied out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post