Pages: | 1 | 2 |
no common sense whatsoever
How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/22/2006 9:26PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
OK well today I tried to make fiberglass casts for my legs. yes, I attempted this myself without the involvement of a physician. Anyway, I forgot to wear gloves, and now I have this resin shit all over me and it WON'T COME OFF! I could be wrong but I beileve it is epoxy resin. It appears to have polymerized into some plasticy shit and it really sucks. Can anyone tell me how to get it off? I've tried soap, alchohol and mineral oil and none of it works for shit.
no common sense whatsoever
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/22/2006 9:28PM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think I have some tolulene in my garage. Would that work?
marijuologist
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/22/2006 9:29PM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Tolulene is dangerous! Try acetone instead.
plenty-o-common sense
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/22/2006 9:30PM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Here's an idea. Go to the f***ing doctor and have he/she take a look at both ailments.

...and quit acting like an idiot.
marijuologist
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/22/2006 9:31PM - in reply to marijuologist Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
sorry that's TOLUENE
dfdf
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/22/2006 9:36PM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You are a moron and deserve whatever is about to happen to you.
sevenbravo
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/22/2006 10:18PM - in reply to dfdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Vinegar!
uh oh
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/22/2006 10:36PM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Are your hands stuck to the keyboard now?

Not yet? Touch yourself.
RFXCrunner
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/22/2006 10:46PM - in reply to uh oh Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Try mineral spirits... that usually gets rid of sticky garbage like that. There are several commercial products (Goo Gone and the like) that do a pretty good job with some nasty stuff, and they're harmless for the most part. Good luck.
gerry lopez
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/22/2006 11:02PM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
as a former boat builder and surfboard shaper, nothing works better than acetone.
Jack Hinks
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/22/2006 11:07PM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Go get some Gojo PowerGold from your nearest autoparts place....they make small bottles.....Skip the solvents as that'll make the resin get further absorbed into the skin/bloodstream and that can be ugly later on.....Epoxy Resin isn't something you wanna f' around with.....
Rat Patrol
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/23/2006 12:47AM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
4 inch disc grinder works great.
joel
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/23/2006 1:00AM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I got some of this on my hands when recoating bathroom tile. I was able to wash it off with hand soap and GoJo before it dried. Took about 30 minutes of vigorous, skin- removing, scrubbing with an abrasive pad. Here's a link to the Materials Safety Data Sheet:

http://www.ximbonder.com/upload/pdfs/TILE%20DOC%20KIT%2054020.pdf
the jerk
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/23/2006 1:25AM - in reply to joel Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
toluene can be a hallucinogen.
chopchop
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/23/2006 6:45PM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Take a trip to Saudi Arabia. Then steal something. The authorities will take care of the resin thatís on your hands. As for the resin thatís on the other parts of your body, use a blow torch and melt it off Ė guaranteed to work!!
Taterbugg
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/23/2006 7:11PM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Try PURE CITRUS ORANGE AIR FRESHNER SPRAY. Guarantee it will get that junk off your hands. You will be surprised! It really does work. Good luck....
LnL
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/23/2006 7:15PM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Try hf, you won't need the cast anymore either.
BarryP
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/23/2006 7:16PM - in reply to no common sense whatsoever Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm a composites engineer, though haven't been doing it for very long. We usualy use acetone.

If you still have this problem tomorrow morning, post again and I'll ask around at work.
Hawkeye
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/23/2006 7:29PM - in reply to BarryP Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Acetone and other solvents are a sure bet to cause brain Cancer and other Cancers. If you wanted to make do it yourself casts, why wouldn't you just use the proper stuff? You can even get fiberglass wrap in the plumbing department that sets with water and is likely identical in composition to the newer cast material.
tired
RE: How do I get epoxy resin off of my hands?? 3/23/2006 7:29PM - in reply to BarryP Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Use that GOOP stuff, it takes anything off, including tar
Pages: | 1 | 2 |