Podcast: Chicago, Boston, and London (Marathons!)
October 6, 2021
The Virgin London Marathon is in the books and it is the most unusual weekend in US marathon history is here with Chicago on Sunday and Boston on Monday. We break it all down.
Get Electrolytes without the junk: DrinkLMNT special offer: Get a free sample pack of DrinkLMNT with 6 different flavors for only $5 shipping. Wejo will personally refund your $5 if you don’t like this stuff. DrinkLMNT is electrolytes without the junk. No sugar, no artificial flavors, yet it tastes great. DrinkLMNT.com/letsrun
Listen in player below or here on your favorite podcast app.
- Show notes: 2:52 Weather in Chicago and Web Guy Erik loving LMNT
- 4:05 London Marathon 5 Women Go Sub 2:19, Joyciline Jepkosgei FTW
- 10:33 Did Sisay Lemma’s celebration cost him $25,000? Covid meant his 67 year old manager got on the medal podium
- 20:25 Chicago Marathon: Will the weather ruin American record attempts?
- 29:54 Galen Rupp’s chances
- 35:49 How many American men will go under the women’s world record in Chicago?
- 41:59 Boston Marathon Preview: Molly Huddle, Jordan Hasay, Des Linden on US side
- 48:40 Shalane Flanagan running Chicago on Sunday, Boston on Monday
- 52:56 Baltimore Marathon = self-serve water stations
- 57:01 17 year-old Japanese runs 13:31 5k (Eliud Kipchoge ran 12:46 at 19)
- 60:46 Did John McDonnell’s Arkansas teams have a 29:04 5th man?
- 65:27 Valencia Marathon gets Boston, NYC, and Chicago champs
- 73:07 Kibiwott Kandie debut in NY, Emily Sisson out
- 75:54 Listener Audio: Brandon from Maryland on US runners embarrassing themselves
- 78:30 OJ Simpson Trial
Contact us: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-LETSRUN and hit option 7 for the secret podcast voicemail.
Join our Supporters Club and taken your running fandom to the highest level. Get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we’re the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.