There are like 100 names in the original post. Anybody care to discuss ANY of the other 99? I made an attempt earlier, but nobody responded.
The Grace Ping debate apparently merits a thread of its own judging by the heat in this thread. Although it seems it could be summed up with:
- some people think an 8th grader training hard and flying to meets is child abuse and she should race locally for that reason, while training less seriously
- some people think an 8th grader flying to meets is pretentious and she should race locally for that reason
- some people think we should leave her alone and not be her self declared internet parents
- some people think she is a prodigious talent and potential future hope for American distance running
- some people think she will hit puberty and become just another face in the crowd, or become injured
There, no more need for a thread or discussion of her, because you're all just going to say one of those points repeatedly in a semi incoherent and rambling fashion.
Now, does anybody have any thoughts on Conley running the 3k after her recent bout of marathon training?
This brings back memories of me playing in PGA Tour events as a 15 year old. It was all pushed by my parents and coach look what I gained from it.
I lost my teenage years and have played like a hack for years.
Enjoy the Ping story now boys she will soon hate her parents and coaches as much as the sport.
I laugh when you guys who know nothing say there is no parental pressure. Bull Sit....it's all pushed by the parents. I know!
This is an exciting story for you guys now but the ending will be sad.