A couple of a counter point from your article on the front page:
1) Live at the meet there will be just as many people at the BU meets as there will be at the NB Indoor Games. Watching a pro track meet at the reggie lewis center is like going to Wimbledon and watching a track meet at BU is like going to an NCAA bowl game. They couldn't be more different in terms of atmosphere.
2) Why does it matter if the NB Indoor games is on ESPN? No one watches it. If a something is on television and no one actually watches it, IS IT ACTUALLY ON TELEVISION?????
3) I know you don't like flotrack, but all of the records will be televised there.
4) The BU track is faster than reggie. Period.
5) Lastly, to all of the above points, the live crowd at BU will be likely a much higher quality and more passionate group of people. Similarly, anyone who actually watches the record on attempts on flotrack also will be much more passionate then some random person flipping through facebook.
So yes, the record attempts matter and they will inspire.
Nice job at trying to stir the pot though but #fail in terms of critical analysis.