The idiot wrote:
Ghost of Igloi wrote:
Yes, pretty much doing that now. About 85% in ladddered CDs and the other 15% in aggressive bets. Did well last year.
Hey Igy, is that the truth? If so, I'll admit I'm fascinated, as you've never given any clear hint of that sort of investing style before (or maybe you have but if so I missed it).
The approach Taleb discusses makes nothing but sense, and I'm surprised it hadn't either dawned on me or been explained to me sooner.
Would you be game to share any info on the kinds of aggressive bets you made?
I read Taleb’s anti-fragile theory several years ago. My interpretation you weight heavy to T-Bills with a small allocation to out of consensus bets. For me my that is anything that hasn’t worked this cycle: market short, managed futures, etc. I would do gold but invested there years ago. I was going to do oil back in 2016, but was looking to go lower which it did not. One could do individual securities but I prefer macro bets with the current distortion to markets.