How would this even work? ChatGPT, GPT4, and all of its iterations are programs. They have no access to matter and cannot physically manipulate matter to turn it into anything.
Here's a series of tasks that most 16-year olds would be able to do that an AI would have no hope of achieving anytime within the next 16 years:
- Tell the AI to go to the nearest farm and to spend a few hours picking crops (we'll make the assumption that the farmer is OK with this).
- Tell the AI to go to the nearest farmer's market and to sell the crops that it picked from the farm. The crops should be sold at a price that will likely ensure success on the next step.
- Tell the AI to go to the nearest grocery store and to buy groceries that are sufficient for a day's worth of reasonably nutritious meals for two people.
- Tell the AI to return the remaining cash to the farmer and to cook those meals in a nearby home (again, we'll make the assumption that the homeowner is OK with this)
- Tell the AI to give some of the cooked food to the homeowner and to wash the homeowner's dishes once they finish the meal.
Seems fairly straightforward, but there are multiple steps where a non-human would fail. Even if you could get the AI to physically pick crops, that same AI can't lift grocery items off a shelf and purchase them (assuming it had the money), and it certainly can't physically cook anything. The last few steps are simple, but it would fail here too - it cannot physically take the plate and utensils off the homeowner's table, load them into the dishwasher, and turn the dishwasher on.
And you expect it to turn everyone and everything into paperclips, or even the much lower ambition of taking plumber's jobs? No way in hell that happens before 2050.