go go away wrote:
I am confused. I think it was you who claimed that is was a troll attempt to state that CBA is very good but not as good as hundreds of teams in the country. You posted some faulty stats to try to prove a point. But when you realized how wrong you were, you resort to insults instead of sticking to the discussion and the topic and the facts. But I am used to that on Letsrun. The majority of people post opinions that are commonly refuted and then they get angry instead of continuing with a healthy discussion.
Good to see someone on this thread with common sense. Al keeps trying to use times from seniors who will not be running XC for CBA next year. A few facts that can't be disputed here:
1. CBA runs in fast, paced night of 3200 meets every year
2. CBA usually has 7+ RETURNERS under 9:30 at these meets, and usually 2-3 under 9:15
3. This year CBA ran at a fast, paced night of 3200s meet
4. This year, CBA's XC RETURNERS ran much slower than trend, with none breaking 9:30 and most hovering around the 10:00 range
5. 3200 times can be a good predictor of an XC team's depth
It may have been a hot take to say CBA is finished. Yes, there are still months before XC starts. They could get better. Right now though, for a CBA team, they aren't very good.
Also, private schools are unfair as they can get people from anywhere to run for them. Big disadvantage for the local, small town public schools that struggle to assemble a roster. That's a debate for another thread and another day though...