Quote Of The Day
“Knowing you aren’t the best is hard. … If you’re a 15:30 or 14:30 or even, in this era, a 13:30 5k man, you know it too. The gorgeous Matrix that is TFRRS makes sure you know exactly where you stand, for better or worse. The surety of that knowledge is ridiculous: in 2014, if you were a Division I woman with a very respectable 4:35 1,500 PR, you know you didn’t crack the nation’s top 500 times listed in the database.”
“… In a sport that’s been mostly bleached of any messy subjectivity, cross country remains wonderfully untamed and unknowable. … Cherish the one tiny slice of the running calendar left for Not-Knowing.”
– USTFCCCA’s Dennis Young writing a brief introduction to the 2014 Cross-Country season, which is officially started as of yesterday. If you haven’t been following, go here to check out LetsRun.com’s Top 10 NCAA XC Countdown.
- Shannon Rowbury and Jenny Simpson rematch in Brussles
- How slow would the first lap have to be for Bolt to beat Farah in an 800m?
- best video game of all time?
- Completely serious, no sarcasm, genuinely not trolling question: Why is this website 99.9% males?
- World Class Nordic skier wins NC 10000 in trainers (during base training season)!