Quote Of The Day
“I’ve been working extremely hard for this race since June 1st, and it’s all coming together. I’ve been dreaming of being a top marathoner my whole career but when I got to the point where I had to change training to move to the longer distance which results in sacrificing obvious opportunities on the track, support structures didn’t cater for it.”
“And this really complicated why I was doing it. No longer for the love of the sport, but I had to feed myself. So basically, this year I’ve gone back to simplifying things. John McDonnell as my coach and mentor. And just loving what I do on a day to day basis. Physically I am well prepared, mentally I am focused and excited for the task ahead on Sunday.”
– Ireland’s Alistair Cragg talking ahead of tomorrow’s Fukuoka Marathon. Cragg has tried the marathon twice and twice DNFed, but says he’s been extremely focused on this race and is hoping to go sub-2:10 and maybe take a shot at the Irish national record of 2:09:15.
- Post your 2013 Turkey Trot experiences here
- Fukuoka this weekend. Who do you pick to win?
- When you ran your fastest 5K, did you suspect it might be the fastest 5K that you would ever run?
- Pizza Hut manager fired for refusing to open on Thanksgiving.
- Check your 2013 LRC NCAA Contest Powered by RunFanShop.com Scores
- Best black friday deals for runners