RAK Half Marathon *Results *LRC MB Thread *Photo Gallery
LRC Mary Keitany Runs 1:05:50 WR At RAK Half Marathon To Pocket $75,000 Keitany
is an absolute stud and her run Friday in the UAE was the first sub-66 clocking on a totally legitimate course, although Paula
Radcliffe has run 65:40. On the men's side, former Boston champ Deriba Merga went out in a ridiculous 13:37, set a new 8km world best of 21:51 for the roads, and then held on for a 59:24 - good enough for a 20-second win. Patrick Makau,
one of the pre-race favorites, appears to be in marathon training mode as, after trying to stay with Merga early on, he only managed a 63:51.
On The Boards: OMG did Mary Keitany just run sub 1:06 half marathon WR?
*Official RAK Half Marathon Thread
$250,000+ Was On The Line
Kenyan XC Championships This Weekend / Kenyan News
- Preview Of Men's Race At Kenyan XC Champs This race is the toughest XC race in the world.
- Preview Off Junior Race At Kenyan Champs
- Kipchoge Stadium In Eldoret To Get A Tartan Surface For all of you who think you need a track to be good, think again. This would be the first paved track in Kenya outside of Nairobi. Not sure why they are going to spend $1.3 million on it. They should pave the road from Nairobi to Eldoret first. The runners are doing great as is.
- Over 300 Athletes Will Contest For 40 Spots
- Junior Race Will Be Unpredictable
Definitely Deserving A Mention
- Track Stat TV Man Walt Murphy Wins Stan Saplin Sports Media Award
- NY Times Takes A Look At What Causes Runner's High
- US Team For This Weekend's NACAC Cross-Country Championships Announced
- Athletes React To Top Sprinters Getting A Bye In Round 1 Of The Olympics
- Ato Boldon Says WTF On Olympic Sprint Bye
Week That Was
LRC Week In Review: The Performance Of The Week, Meb Left Out Of Boston, High Jumping, And What About The Fans? It was a tremendous week on and off the track from 17-year-old Isiah Koech's 12:53 5k to Bernard Lagat's American 2 mile record to Chris Solinsky's 3:54 mile to Kim Smith's 1:07:36 half marathon. We've got it all covered, even take a look a stud American high jumper, and ask everyone associated with the sport to think of you - its fans. Because no matter how good the action on the track, if no one is watching it, our sport will suffer.
- World's First Two-Legged Robot Marathon Race will involve 422 laps of a 100m course indoors and will run nonstop for up to 4 days ... with occasional battery charge breaks of course. *Video Preview Included
- Japan's Two-Time World Champs Medallist Reiko Tosa Out Of Tokyo Marathon With Injury *2nd Article
UK And London 2012
- Irish Athletes Will Have A Tough Time Getting The "A" Standard For London 2012 Currently, only 7 Irish athletes have PRs that meet the "A" standard for their event.
- Legal Action Over 2012 Marathon Route Dropped *2nd Article
- Leyton Orient: Another Soccer Club Upset About The West Ham Decision
- Defending 1,500m UK Champ Colin McCourt Admits To Underestimating His Competition
The Secret Is ... There Is No Secret
World Records And Olympic Medals?
- China Hires Agent Jos Hermens To Help Win Medals After helping Haile Gebrselassie and Kenenisa Bekele become rich Olympic champions, China is hoping he can do the same for them. Even though China led in gold medals at Beijing, they only had two bronze medals in Track and Field.
- Will The 3rd Time Be The Charm For Russian High Jumper Ivan Ukhov In His Quest For The World Record?
This Just In: Walking IS Easier Than Running
Former XC State Champ Erin Gray Is Surprised By The Easiness Of Race Walking Gray has only been race walking for about 16 months, but she already qualified to represent Team USA at the 2011 Pan American Cup and is close to the Olympic "B" Standard. She says "the race itself, felt surprisingly easy." We're less surprised.
Isaiah Koech Is For Real
Ghent: 17-Year-Old Isaiah Koech Sets Junior Record In 3K With 7:37.50 Just two days after smashing the junior indoor 5K record with a 12:53, Koech breaks the junior record in the 3k with a 7:37.50 as Ismael Kombich set new world leader is set in the 1,500 (3:34.13). *LRC MB: Isiah Koech does it again - How many youth & world junior records will he destroy?
Other Top Performances From Ghent:
New World Record In 2,000m Indoor Steeple By Paul Kipsiele Koech Koech Ran 5:13.77 to break his own world record by 3 seconds.
*Some Other Highlights
Lagat And Verzbicas
Lagat Does It (8:10.07), Lukas V Comes Up Short Message board thread here. Bernard Lagat threw it down the final few laps to smash the US 2 mile record, while Lukas V went out too fast (4:15-16 range) and ended up getting lapped by Lagat. He ran 8:43.24, which is still good for #3 US all-time indoors. *See His Splits Here
Overseas Pro Action
Karlsruhe, Germany: David Oliver (7.40) Over Liu Xiang (7.53) Liu improved .07 from his European debut 2 nights earlier.
Karlsruhe, Germany Results (8:42 World Leader In 3k) American Christin Wurth-Thomas lost her world-leading status at 3k.
UK Champs: UK Indoor Champs Recap: 17-Year-Old Jodie Williams And Dwain Chambers Win 60m IAAF
*Emotional Kelly Sotherton Wins 400m At UK Trials In 53.46 The former heptathlete is now focusing on the 400. *2nd Article
Belgium: Brit Phenom Stephanie Twell Fractures Her Ankle While Leading XC Race In Belgium *2nd Article
*Paula Radcliffe, Mo Farah And Ohers Tweet Messages Of Support
Uganga: Moses Kipsiro Wins Ugandan XC Champs, Former World Steeple Champ Dorcus Inzikuru Has Big Lead And Fades To 7th In Her Comeback
Donetsk: Pole Vaulters Renaud Lavillenie And Isinbayeva Improve On World Leaders In PV In Donetsk
*Update 8:13 AM: Nice IAAF Recap Of Koech's Run
LRC: Isiah Koech Runs 12:53 Indoors As Galen Rupp Comes Up Short In American Record Attempt
Isiah just turned 17 at the end of December and he put on a performance to remember as he pulled away from World Champ Eliud Kipchoge for the super-impressive win. 12:53 indoors is amazing. With no advance fanfare (the track writers in Oregon didn't even write about it), American Galen Rupp was in the race in his 2011 indoor opener and ran a solid 13:21 after being on 13:05 pace at 3k, according to this thread. In other action, Nixon Chepseba got the narrow win over Augustin Choge in a world-leading 3:34 in the 1,500m, and Liu Xiang was 3rd in his European return.
*Athletics Weekly: 17-Year-Old Runs 12:53 As Kim Collins Breaks 11-Year-Old PR (6.52)
*Details On Rupp's Race
*17-Year-Old Runs 12:53 Indoors!
*Some More Highlights From Dusseldorf
No Meb In Boston
RRW: John Hancock Releases Elite Field For 2011 And Meb Keflezighi Is Left Out And Controversy Simmers
*John Hancock And Boston Marathon Do Not Make An Offer To Meb To Run This Year's Race Races have limited funds, and Boston's are way more limited than New York or London's, but it shows the financial realities of our sport when the Boston Marathon does not even extend an offer to America's top marathoner the last decade to run its race. That is what Meb Keflizighi is saying happened on his website. Perhaps Boston did not want to insult Meb with a low offer. We reached out to the BAA and Boston on this matter and they chose not to comment on it.
*Full John Hancock Release Reigning champs Robert Kiprono Cheruiyot & Teyba Erkesso will defend their titles.Coming March 20th: NYC Half Marathon: Meb, Hall And Abdi!
17-Year-Old World Junior Silver Medallist And 8:23 Steepler Albert Yator Dies From Malaria Yator's death was a surprise and is a very tragic reminder that malaria is
just something we read about in the newspaper and should ignore.
On The Boards: RIP: Albert Yator 17, 8:23 steepler and World Jr Silver Medalist
Gonzaga University Runners Hit By Alleged Drunk Driver
Some Positive Distance News: Track & Field News Profile On Andy Bayer The 2011 breakout star will redshirt outdoors.
Russell Brown Cruises To 3:54 Win, Webb, Manzano And Verzbicas All Over 4 The men's mile featured Alan Webb, Leo Manzano, Nick Willis and high school star Lukas Verzbicas, but the star of the night was Russell Brown, who crushed the field winning in 3:54 as Webb, Manzano and Verzbicas all didn't break 4. Afterwards, Webb threw
a tantrum (seriously, that's a fair way of describing
it) before addressing the press, and we'll have more on that Sunday. In other action, Sally Kipyego turned back Jenny Simpson in the 3k, Phoebe Wright got another win in the 800m, but the performance of the night may have been Dejen Gebremeskel running 7:35 and outkicking Mo Farah with a last lap of 26 while having one shoe on for most of the race.
Post-Race: LRC Alan Webb Throws A Tantrum After Disappointing Opener Alan Webb's competitive fire is legendary and the dark side of that competitive fire was on full display after Webb's disappointing performance. We've seen many athletes get upset, but none like Webb on Saturday night, especially after an earlier season opener. We've got the details and try to give some perspective to Webb's behavior.
On The Boards: That Webb article is a breach of professional decorum.
Wejo explains here, here and here our thoughts for this story and why it was reported.
Eaton Breaks Record!
Ashton Eaton Shatters His Own World Record In Heptathlon! Eaton scored 6,568 points to break his own world record by an impressive 69 points, setting PRs in the shot, 60m, and 60m hurdles. His hurdles time of 7.60 seconds was so good it would have won the 2008 World Indoor Champs and actually breaks the hepathlon record of 7.74 held by Olympic decathlon
medalist Bryan Clay.
Fireworks In Stuttgart *Stuttgart Results
Yenew Alamirew Runs 7:27.80 To Lead 3 Under 7:30 Barrier
First Time Ever, David Oliver Runs Fast In Hurdles Alamirew dominated a late season 3k last year and backed it up here, showing he is the real deal. For the first time ever indoors, more than one guy broke 7:30 in a race, as Alamirew triumphed over Augustin Choge and Eliud Kipchoge. David Oliver easily dispatched
Dayron Robles and nearly got the US record, and LRC favorite Silas Kiplagat lost in the 1,500m.
Impressive: Belgian Dude Stefaan Engels Completes 365th Marathon In 365 Days Updated
- LRC Lukas Verzbicas Talks To LetsRun.com It takes a true phenom to get LetsRun.com excited about a high schooler, but we're now officially leading the bandwagon, as we caught up with America's greatest high school phenom (since the Hall-Webb-Ritz era) two days before he tries to join Webb in the sub-4-indoors-as-a-HS-runner club. A natural showman of sorts, Lukas talked about his goals for Saturday, his training, his decision to go Oregon, whether he contemplated going pro straight out of HS, and much more. A must read.
Millrose Behind The Scenes: Lagat Goes Down, Millrose Entertains Employee #1 and his able assistant went into the bowels of Millrose to tell you what really happened at the grand-daddy of track and field meets in the world. High schoolers flashing U of O symbols, overlooked 3:34 1,500m runners, and pros addicted to LetsRun.com - we've got it covered.
Unlucky 7: Deresse Mekonnen Snaps Bernard Lagat's Winning Streak At 6 The 23-year-old 2010 world indoor champ defeated the 36-year-old President of the Boards (or did Father Time win?) in a fantastic Wanamaker mile, but not without Lagat putting up a fantastic fight that saw him at least three times try to retake the lead in the final two laps.
*Samantha Nadel Wins High School Girls Millrose Mile In 4:50.58
*NY's Chad Noelle Wins Boys Millrose Mile In 4:16.71
*Register-Guard: World Pentathlon Record Holder Ashton Eaton PRs In Two Out Of Three Events To Beat Olympic Champion Bryan Clay And World Champion Trey Hardee Eaton set a new shot put PR at 46-8 and lowered his 60m hurdles time to 7.64.
*Jamaicans Lose Sprint Showdown With USA Jamaicans Veronica Campbell-Brown and Nesta Carter won the sprints, but US sprinters claimed victory on points in the US-Jamaica challenge.
*IAAF Recap: Mekonnen Ends Lagat's Streak
*Millrose Games: Nadel, Noelle Win HS Miles!
*UVA Wins College 4 x 800 Without Robby Andrews
Injury-Prone Dathan Ritzenhein Will Now Shift Focus To 10k At World Champs *LRC MB: RITZ! ENOUGH WITH THE MARATHON!
Lukas V Commits To Oregon For Real It's now official; two time Foot Locker XC national champ Lukas Verzbicas has an oral commitment to Oregon. The news was out unofficially last week. Letsrun.com has learned Lukas considered turning pro but the money he wanted wasn't there. Why would Nike pay big bucks for him when they can get him much cheaper in the U of O singlet?
*Message Board Thread
60th Anniversary Of Pre's Birthday Keeps Generating News
- Creating The Annual Prefontaine Classic Poster Isn't As Easy As You Might Think Meet director Tom Jordan speaks of the difficulty of finding new photos worthy of the yearly poster.
Craig Mottram & Benita Willis To Lead Australia At World XC Championships Mottram will run for the first time since 2008 and will lead a squad that includes former NAU star David McNeill. *Australian XC Trials Results
Mid-Week Action On And Off The Track
Maryland's Andrew Valmon, Miami's Amy Deem Named 2012 US Olympic Track Coaches Valmon's appointment shows that a) "coaching" the Olympians and coaching the collegians are completely different things and b) that collegiate coaching success is often about resources. At the last 2 ACC outdoor meets, Valmon's teams have been 11th and 10th out of 12 teams, yet he'll be coaching
Team USA. In fairness, at Maryland, Valmon only has 7 scholarships to work with (schools can have 12.6), and with Team USA, he'll be stocked with talent. Meanwhile, Florida Gators and NCAA champion coach Mike Holloway will be Valmon's assistant.
Russian Indoor Champs: Olesya Syreva Runs World-Leading 8:41 3k At Russian Indoor Champs
Poland: 5,000 Fans Turn Out To Watch Ivan Ukhov Jump 2.36 In Poland *Results
Getting Ready For This Week's Big Pro Action Saturday: Aviva Grand Prix In Britain
- Preview Of This Weekend's Birmingham Indoor Meet (Kaki Going For 1,000m World Record, Galen Rupp Vs. Mo Farah) Plus Russell Brown in the 1,500m.
- Russell Brown Talks About Racing Stellar 1,500m Field In Birmingham This Weekend
- Calvin Smith II Running 400m In Birmingham This Weekend, Still Chasing His Dad's Footsteps His das had the 100m WR and says, he was the "best clean runner" of his generation. Not sure what that says about King Carl.
- Felix Sanchez Running INDOOR 400m Hurdles In Birmingham This Weekend Sounds pretty cool. They even break in from what we can tell.
Previous: Highly-Anticipated Hurdles Clash Evaporates As Both David Oliver & Dayron Robles Withdraw After Robles withdraws, Oliver tweets, "Gotta be 100% ready to win this Visa money at USA's! Doesn't make sense or cents to risk it!" *UK's Jessica Ennis Out With Ankle Injury
In terms of distance action, Russell Brown is in the 1,500, Abubaker Kaki is in the 1k, Morgan Uceny is in the 800, and Galen Rupp is in the 5,000.
S. Africa News
- Caster Semenya Expected To Race Saturday In S. Africa
- Report On S. Africa Track Head Chuene Released And It Details His Unethical Ways, Desire For Caster Semenya To Run Worlds Despite Doctor's Advice The report also says the IAAF advocated she pull out with an "injury." So much for transparency.
US News: Site For Post-Collegiates, Lance Retires, And Eaton's Temper
- USATF: RunPro.com - Site Launched For Distance Runners Making Transition From College To Pro Running So about half of all LetsRun visitors' dreams. *RunPro.com
- Lance Armstrong Retires From Cycling ... again.
- Ashton Eaton's Temper: The Secret Behind His Big Shot Put PRs
- Bernard Lagat Named USATF Athlete Of The Week
- HS Triple Jumper Marquis Dendy Jumps 52-1.5, Which Is US #3 All-Time And Best Indoors In 13 Years
- Erik Van Ingen On His School Record Mile - 3:57.11
MB: Boston Marathon Announces New Sign-Up Process The fastest qualifiers will get to sign up first. This is bound to make some people really happy and others irate.
*USA Today Article Starting in 2013, age group standards will be made 5 minutes faster (3:05 for 18-34 males, for example). This is the first time they've gotten stricter since 1980.
Olympic/World Championships Schedule Changes *2012 T&F Schedule (PDF) *Qualifying Rules
- UK Hurdler Andy Turner Says Sprinter Byes Are "Nonsense"
- IAAF Explains Rationale Behind New Schedule For 2011 World Champs No evening session more than three hours and a desire to spread out the finals over all the nights is the impetus.
- Athletes React Differently To New Olympic Scheduling
- The 4 x 100m Will Be The Last Track Event In London 2012 Traditionally it is the 4 x 4, but they want Usain Bolt (who ran 3rd leg on the record-setting Jamaican relay in Beijing) to be the grand finale.
Cruise Control For Runners? No, we're not talking about a treadmill.
Faster, Higher, Stronger?
Could This Vibrating Platform Make You Better At Track?
College And US News
- National Division I Top 25 Shifts; Florida Men, Oregon Women Again No. 1
- Collegiate Track & Field Weekend Review: February 14, 2011
- Elijah Greer And Jordan Hasay Impress At Husky Classic
- Runner's World: A Brief Chat With Bernard Lagat
- IAAF: Kim Smith Runs 1:07:36 To Set Fastest Half Marathon Ever On US Soil
Weekend Action / US College Men's Distance Running Reaches An All Time High / Results *Tyson *Husky *Armory *BU Valentine
- Ken Goe: OTC Stars Chris Solinsky And Tim Nelson Get Mile (3:54.52) And 3k (7:49.95) Wins At UW
- Message Board Talk: Solinsky 3:54 Mile *Webb 6th In 3k In 7:51 Tim Nelson got the win.
*OTC Coach Jerry Schumacher Not Surprised By Solinsky And Nelson
Mile Mania Across The US
- Chris Solinsky Opens 2011 With A Remarkable 3:54 Bang!!!
- 4 Collegians (5 Overall) Break Four On Legal Track At BU! Erik van Ingen leads the way at 3:57.11, as 3 guys from the America East conference get the job done. *Race Video
- 5 Collegians (7 Overall) Also Do It At Washington Top collegian was BYU's Miles Batty, who ran 3:55.79.
- Tulsa Soph Runs 3:56 At Arkansas
More Hot Collegiate Action
- 10 Guys Hit Auto In 3k At UW Pro Tim Nelson got the win as Garrett Heath almost came from way back to win, with Sam Chalenga 5th, Alan Webb 6th and German Fernandez 10th.
- Stanford's Elliott Heath Unleashes Sick Kick - Runs 13:37
- Christin Wurth-Thomas yesterday slashed 11 seconds off 3000m best for the WORLD LEAD
- Elijah Greer 1:47.02
- 4 Women, Led By Jordan Hasay (4:34.75), Auto At UW
- Indiana DMR 9:30.78
- Patrick Casey Racks Up Another NCAA Auto Mark In The 800 He ran 1:47.67, winning by 7 seconds. Another impressive solo effort to go along with his sub-4.
- Rakieem Norris Runs 6.54 In The 60m For Second-Fastest Time In The World This Year
- Alex Kosinski Runs 15:44.60 To Break Nicole Blood's Oregon School Record
Where Does That Leave Us? 18 Guys Now Have 3k Auto And 13 Have Auto Time In Mile *On The Ladies' Side, The Number Of Autos Is Way, Way Less
Alan Webb / Salazar News
- Alan Webb Moves Up To Top Three To Challenge For Win With Lap To Go, Settles For 7:51.85 Showing In Washington
- Alberto Salazar Says Alan Webb Overreacted After His 4:00 Mile Last Weekend
- Salazar Hires Steve Magness As "Scientific Advisor" To Help Coach And Analyze Training For Nike Athletes
Week In Review
LRC The Week That Was: Brent Vaughn And Russell Brown Surprise, Shalane Flanagan And Ashton Eaton Impress, Gebremeskel Wins With One Shoe, And Yenew Alamirew - The Next Great Star? There
was a ton of incredible action last week, from Russell Brown's surprise win in Boston to the XC champs to the heptathlon to a sub-4:00 mile at altitude, and we've got it covered. We compare Brent Vaughn to Dathan Ritzenhein, wonder when Ashton Eaton will beat Bryan Clay and Trey Hardee, and ponder whether Yenew Alamirew is the next great star of the sport.
*Video Of Alamirew's 2 Impressive 3k Wins
US XC Champs In San Diego *Results
Brent Vaughn Wins Convincingly, Shalane Flanagan And The Other Winners Dominate Vaughn, the CU record holder at 5k (think about that for a second) dominated the field the 2nd half of the race to win by 6 seconds, the smallest margin of victory of the day. Shalane Flanagan
totally destroyed Molly Huddle, winning by 44 seconds, and getting a little revenge for Huddle taking her 5k American record last year. Foot Locker champ Aisling Cuffe won the junior girls race convincingly. 49-year-old Master Pete Magill won in the men's masters ranks, while Colleen De Reuck showed she was in the wrong race, winning by 1:34.
*Denver Post: Brent Vaughn Makes Surprising Comeback After DNFing At US Half Marathon Champs Last Weekend Vaughn was excited to "finally" get in a satisfying race and said, "I felt like I was getting the monkey off my back. It just feels good to finally get one."
*San Diego Union-Tribune: Flanagan Dominated But Says She Didn't Know She Had It In The Bag: "I always run scared."
On The Boards: Men: BRENT MF VAUGHN
Women: Shalane Flanagan Takes USA Cross-Country Title By 45 Seconds In 25:47
Masters: 50-Year-Old Pete Magill CRUSHES
Good Read: Jerry Schumacher Profile In Portland Paper Got to be a quote of the day in here somewhere."
US Half Champs In Houston *Results, Prize Money, Splits *Updated Photos *Live Thread
Men: LRC Mo Trafeh Outkicks Ryan Hall Ryan Hall, Mo Trafeh and Patrick Smyth battled together on the streets
Houston for 11 miles. In the twelfth mile, Hall tried to push ahead. Smyth was the first to crack, but Trafeh stayed on Hall's
heels. With 200m to go, Trafeh gave it one final surge and passed Hall to get the win.
*Video Of Men's Finish *Men's Post-Race Interviews
Women: LRC Jen Rhines' Return Trumps Burla's After a 4-year absence, Jen Rhines made a return to the longer distances with a win and a PR. However, her comeback was the least impressive of the day, as that award definitely goes to Serena Burla. Burla was second just as she was last year. However, in the last year, she had been diagnosed and beaten cancer. Pretty amazing. Mother of three, Nan Kennard, who trains with Colleen De Reuck, was a surprise third.
*Video Of Women's Finish *Women's Post-Race Press Conference
Week In Review: *More Dubai Photos Here
LRC Week That Was: Delaware Gets The Ax, Wanjiru Crashes, Dubai Makes Some Marathoners Rich, And The US Indoor Season Gets Going As usual, we recap the week in running like nobody else. Now that the holidays are behind us, the running world is starting to heat up again.
Caster Semenya Sits Down & Gives The BBC Her 1st Extended Interview Since Gender Controversy Arose Semenya said she doesn't want to dwell on the gender issues; she only wants to focus on running, but she did get irritated when asked if she was given hormonal treatment.
Boston Globe Feature Article
Have Athletes Reached Their Limits? The author seems to think they have because so many world records have stagnated since the 1980s. He does acknowledge drugs played a role in many records from the '80s. However, he is perplexed by one athlete - Usain Bolt - and says Bolt's breakthroughs today are why he is so newsworthy. Track and field, by focusing on the competition and not the records, can stay relevant in our opinion.
Duke Senior Kate Van Buskirk Sets Collegiate Record In 1,000 She had an incredible weekend as she ran 2:41.00 after splitting 2:04.15 on a 4 x 800.
More Men's Track & XC Programs Bite The Dust
Sports Illustrated Columnist Joins LRC Faithful In Ripping Delaware For Cutting Its Men's Track & Field / XC Teams Jeff Pearlman is a little biased as he used to run for them, but that doesn't mean he's not right on the money. UD Track is 100 years old this year.
*LRC MBoarders Express Their Outrage
*A Blogger Is Irate
*Delaware's Cowardly Release
Bemidji State's Men's Indoor & Outdoor Programs Get The Ax Not quite as old as Delaware, which is celebrating its 100th anniversary, Bemidji track has been around since 1928.
Alberto On Galen
LRC: Update On Galen Rupp's Training: Two Distinct Seasons For Rupp In 2011, More Mileage Alberto Salazar has done a tremendous job crafting Galen Rupp's career despite the critics (we specifically remember pro athletes who saw Galen train as a high schooler saying he'd burn out). Alberto says 2011 will be a bit different for Galen than 2009 and 2010, with 2 distinct peaks (and time off in between) and that there is still a lot of room for improvement in terms of training mileage. Plus, we take a look back at Galen's incredibly long and consistent 2009 and 2010 seasons.
It's Not This Easy In America
Olympic Marathon Champ And Accused Attempted Murderer Sammy Wanjiru And His Wife Supposedly Reconcile Press reports are indicating that the families of Wanjiru and his wife got involved and urged a reconciliation which may result in charges being dropped, although his wife was a bit coy in her responses to the press (as we're
sure $$$ is still being negotiated). *Updated
LRC MBoard Talk: "He is now officially qualified to be a professional American athlete. Can some of the women on this board tell me why abused women stay with their abuser. Often, until they are beaten to death?"
*Sammy Wanjiru Arrested For Attempting To Kill His Wife And A Domestic Worker
The 10 Best High School XC Runners Ever
LRC Week That Was: The 10 Best High School XC Runners Of All Time, Verzbicas, Tribute To Gary Reed, The NY Times & The NE Patriots And More We've got the entire running world covered from San Diego to Japan, from the high school ranks to the pros, and even talk about the NE Patriots and the NY Times.
The Stars Of Track And Field Party In Monaco *Wejo's Photo Gallery 1 *Pro Photo Gallery 2
Sammy Wanjiru News Gets A Bit Ridiculous
Sammy Wanjiru Court Case Postponed As He Doesn't Show Up And His Lawyer Tells Court He Is Unwell From Car Accident After you read the story below, you'll see how it looks like Wanjiru's team appears to be stalling for time and hoping this case goes away. In case you don't know, Wanjiru, the world's best marathoner, was charged with threatening to kill his wife.
Oops: Video Of Sammy Wanjiru On Kenyan National TV Reconciling With His Wife And Spending Valentine's Day With Her (See Below)
On The Boards: Wanjiru is in love again thanks to St Valentine