I hadn't heard about him for so long, now he throws down at USAXC! Very good Brent! You da' man.
Great to see the kid who almost beat Lagat..turn into the man who just won USA XC.
And he just said that he's really excited to get to go to World Cross and wear the USA jersey. Now THAT's good to hear from a top USA distance runner.
Vaughn went Beast Mode on that field. Awesome, confident XC running. If you want to play on the world stage, you have to be ready to run races like that and commit. Brent has always impressed me with his performances in others' shadows. Hopefully this is the turning point he needs to be another leader for the American distance resurgence.
Great race by Vaughn! I hope he has a great year.
post race interview
said something along the lines of:
I almost got lapped by Solinsky at Stanford last year and had a hard time sleeping for a while after that. I competed with him in high school and beat him in college, so if I can't believe that I cannot run with a guy like him there is no point of me even running at all, so the big goal is the 10k."
love it. BRENT MF VAUGHN EVERYBODY!
He will get bitch slapped back into reality at world x-country.
10k track , Mr. "MF" needs a minute off his PR to be word class.
Your post was not "word" class - Just remember when you are setting at home and Brent is representing his country at the World XC Championships that he is there and you aren't (jealousy is not pretty).
He ran a great race, he even passed the pace car at one point (literally). The announcer lost track of Vaughn after he passed the pace truck and reported during the race that he was caught reeled back in by the group."
After a four laps, it wasn't even a race. Great job Brent!
Or he'll have another great race at worlds. As far as 10k track is concerned, gotta start somewhere. How about we support our American distance talent instead of being a doubting ass bag.
I was surprised by his bio page. His marks really aren't that great. Not trying to bash him in the slightest. Has he just been a great racer? Because he's been a prominent name among the running community - more so than his raw times would suggest.
who did he beat? XCusa's was the weakest in years!
looney bin you are. There were many strong runners in this years field. What a puss you are
Brent Motherf***ing Vaughn!
1. 807 Brent Vaughn 26 Black Hawk, CO 35:46 4:46
2. 712 Andrew Bumbalough 23 Portland, OR 35:52 4:46
3. 760 Edward Moran 29 Williamsburg, VA 35:54 4:47
4. 808 Matt Tegenkamp 29 Portland, OR 36:01 4:48
5. 779 Benjamin True 25 Hanover, NH 36:03 4:48
6. 714 Brian Olinger 27 Westerville, OH 36:05 4:48
7. 766 Max King 30 Bend, OR 36:11 4:49
8. 713 Andrew Carlson 28 Saint Paul, MN 36:20 4:50
9. 723 David Jankowski 26 Blowing Rock, NC 36:29 4:51
10. 761 Jorge Torres 30 Boulder, CO 36:36 4:52
11. 720 Robert Cheseret 27 Colorado Springs, CO 36:37 4:52
12. 765 Bobby Mack 26 Raleigh, NC 36:38 4:52
13. 801 Colin Leak 24 Ann Arbor, MI 36:44 4:53
14. 776 Jeremy Johnson 26 Albuquerque, NM 36:45 4:53
15. 792 Jacques Sallberg 36 Pasadena, CA 36:53 4:54
16. 767 Craig Curley 22 Tucson, AZ 36:59 4:55
17. 800 Charlie Serrano 26 Simi Valley, CA 37:01 4:56
18. 773 Benjamin Bruce 28 Springfield, OR 37:07 4:56
19. 785 Matthew Gabrielson 32 Minneapolis, MN 37:13 4:57
20. 711 Jason Hartmann 29 Boulder, CO 37:27 4:59
Congrats Jay Johnson
Jay coaches his wife, not Brent!
It's crazy that the margin between Bumbi and Teg was greater than the one between Vaughn and Bumbi. He must have closed crazy hard, because when the camera left them, they were way back from Vaughn and bunched together. He put 9 seconds on Teg in, what, 600 meters?
Jay coaches both. At least as of friday night he did.