Good Read: Usain Bolt Talks To Guardian About Clubbing, Loving Life In Kingston, And Maybe Giving 100% In A 100m Someday Bolt says he will try to stay unbeaten in 2010 but wants the year to be as easy as possible.
OK Fans, So World Cross Isn't Our Thing - At Least We Have The 4 x 4
19-Year-Old MSU Freshman Tavaris Tate Runs 44.86 To Open Outdoor Season Miss. St. doesn't have indoor track, so Tavaris Tate, a true freshman, qualified for the US Worlds team and won a 4 x 4 relay gold medal in the 4th-fastest time in history a couple of weeks ago.
*Interview With Tavaris Tate After His World Indoor Team Experience With Tate and U. Georgia stud Torrin Lawrence, the US shouldn't lose a 4 x 4 for the next 10 years.
*Profile On Tate After Running Shocking Leg Of USA 4 x 4 Qualifying Team
Men's Senior Race - A Hero Made In Poland As Kenya's Wait Is Over *Team *Individual *Photos
Ebuya! Kenyans Complete Perfect Day!
All 8 gold medals are going home to Nairobi as new national hero Joseph Ebuya put the exclamation point on a day of total domination for team Kenya by winning their first senior men's individual title in over a decade.
*Team Results Kenya 1, Eritrea 2, Ethiopia 3, Morocco 4, Uganda, Spain, Tanzania, Bahrain, USA 9th.
*Canada's Simon Bairu 13th Individual Top American Patrick Smyth is 36th.
3 Articles On Inspiring Figure Joseph Ebuya
*The Story Of Joseph Ebuya Ebuya, managed by Usain Bolt's manager Ricky Simms, ran 13:03 in his 2nd 5k race. He made headlines by defeating Kenenisa Bekele earlier this year in cross-country.
*Ebuya And Sister Alice Aprot Train Together On National Team Ebuya's sister Alice Aprot was 9th (the 6th Kenyan) in the women's junior race today.
*How Ebuya Ran Away From Cattle Rustlers To Running Glory Aprot and Ebuya hail from Turkana, a region not known to produce top runners.
Men's Junior XC Race *Team *Individual *Photos
Another Kenyan Sweep! 10 points for Caleb Mwangangi Ndiku and Kenyans.
*Top American Trevor Dunbar In 29th
*Trevor Dunbar On Africans: "We'll catch up with them eventually. But it won't be tomorrow."
*Japanese Team Outperforms Americans
Stanford Invite *Results *Photos
*Men's Distance Video *Women's Video
Lisa Koll Runs 31:18.07 To Crush Kipyego's Collegiate Record Koll's remarkable return from a disappointing
2009 continues as her 10,000m pace would have won the top heat of the
5,000. *Koll's World Leader
*Brief Article With Quotes
More Stanford Talk On The Boards:
*D2 Jessica Pixler runs fastest 5k in the COUNTRY *Women's 5k Results
*Freshman Jordan Hasay wins Stanford 1,500 Results and discussion as Hasay runs 4:14.
*David McNeill!!! Aussie David McNeill crushed the field in a mostly solo effort, running 13:25 and closing in 2:32 for the last km. In other news, former U. Arizona star Robert Cheseret is now running for the US Army.
Props: Army's John Mickowski Wins 1,500 Over Post-Collegiates
Spring "Marathon Major" Updates
- Ryan Hall Talks With Running Times About His Faith And Running We give Hall a lot of credit as he talks sincerely about his morals and beliefs.
- WBZ Boston Catches Up With Low-Key Ryan Hall Training On Boston Course We'll see how Hall's non-existent racing schedule pays off in 3+ weeks.
- Boston Elites Robert Cheruiyot pulls out but Meb K remains only the 16th-fastest PR in the deep field.
- Virgin London Elites Biggest international superstars still heading to London.
European Road Races This Weekend
Prague HM Results: Joel Kemboi (Left) Wins By Over 1 Minute Marathoner Yemane Tsegay finished 3rd.
Holland's Lornah Kiplagat Will Return For Test Run In Domestic Race World half marathon record-holder Lornah Kiplagat will run a test run at Zandvoort while Micah Kogo returns to the Parelloop in The Netherlands, where he has run 27:01 (WR) and 27:07 for the road 10km course. Kogo ran under 27:30 for a road 10k last week. *Parelloop Website
Look Out For Eshetu Wondimu In This Weekend's Berlin Half Marathon Wondimu ran 59:53 for a half marathon several days ago despite falling halfway through the race.
Help Elect Angela Bizzarri As Sullivan Award Winner - Vote Here Sanya Richards and amputee ultramarathoner Amy Palmiero-Winters are also up for the award for the top "amateur" athlete in America. Considering Richards makes hundreds of thousands a year, she shouldn't get it.
Maybe Communism Isn't So Bad After All
Chinese Official Wants To Jail Coaches That Dope Athletes
Drug News - Cheaters vs. Testers
- WADA Looking For City To Host 4th "World Conference on Doping in Sport" WADA knows who to contact to reach people who care about drugs in the sport.
- Good News: High-Up Austrian Track Official Wants To Re-Open Doping Investigation Into 2000 Sydney 800m Olympic Medalist Stephanie Graf
R.I.P. Alberto Arroyo - Mayor Of Central Park
- Runners And Joggers Honor Deceased Central Park Figure NY Times
- After Arroyo's Stroke, Friends From Park Signed Up To Wheel Him In Wheelchair To Reservoir NY Times
- The Story Of Alberto Arroyo With Photos On His Bench
World Track And Field Leaders
*Russia's Sports Minister Admits 343 Doping Positives In 3 Years While President
Medvedev Threatens Criminal Charges Against Winter Olympic Coaches Translation: if we're going to blatantly cheat and spend millions in gov't money doing it, we better win some medals.
*Last week: US May Be Stripped Of 4th Olympic Relay Medal In '00 Decade
Europe Weekend Update
- LRC Prague Half Marathon Photos Joel Kemboi won by a huge margin and Rose Kosgei won women's race.
- LRC Berlin Half Marathon Photos Pasalia Kipkoech made sure home favorite Sabrina Mockenhaupt didn't win her 2nd in a row and Ethopian Eshetu Wondimu ends the Kenyan string. *Recap
- Japan-based Kenyan Martin Mathathi runs 27:22 to beat Micah Kogo by :30 at Parelloop road 10km
Women's Senior Race - Americans Nab Only Non-African Medal Of The Day *Team *Individual *Photos
Flanagan's 12th Leads Americans To Team Bronze Molly Huddle and Magdalena Lewy-Boulet came in 40 seconds after Flanagan to secure the only non-African team or individual medal on the day.
Emily Chebet Surprise Over Masai, Dibaba And Melkamu In Women's Race
David Monti: Kenya Dominates World XC
*Chebet And Masai Trump Melkamu And Dibaba
Women's Junior XC Race *Team *Individual
*Kenya Goes 1-4 Led By Mercy Cherono 4 runners make up a team at World Cross and Kenya scored a perfect 10 to start the day.
*Americans Take 6th Team Slot With Emily Sisson In 18th
The Greatest Race On The Planet - World XC - Is Sunday 6am-8:30a Eastern (Watch Online) *Live Results *Meet Website *How To Watch
- Live Results Looks like US senior women earn bronze team medal!
- IAAF Race Reports Kenyans dominate both junior and women's senior race - Senior men up soon.
- Full Results Shalane Flanagan 12th in the senior race, 1 minute behind surprise world senior champion Emily Chebet.
- Official LetsRun Thread
- The Mood Is Dark In Poland Only one UK journalist showed up and it looks like the meet is not going to be on TV in the UK or the US.
- IAAF Facing Financial Ruin In Four Years? That's one journalist's take on it, although some in Africa say it's a plot to get Seb Coe as head of the IAAF. Sounds like a good idea to us.
- On The Boards: Is/was this year's World XC Champs the best shot in a generation for the U.S. to win the men's individual senior title?
- North Americans Can Bet On World Cross LRC voters are taking Kenyan Champ Paul Tanui in the men's senior race.
- Flashback: Wejo In Mombasa: Controlled Chaos Read about incredible one-of-a-kind 2007 World XC Championships in Mombasa, Kenya. Tens of thousands of people packed like sardines, hanging in trees, in oppressive heat, all to see the Cross-Country Championships for the first time in Kenya. There will never be a party like this one again. See Wejo's highly-praised photos.
LRC Profile - Moses Kipsiro
LRC Moses Kipsiro And The Legacy Of John Akii-Bua Kipsiro is Uganda's top runner and was the runner-up at last year's World XC Champs. Thanks to PJ Browne, we go behind the scenes to try to put a story and a face to Kipsiro so he is not just another nameless "African runner."
IAAF Men's Preview: Wide Open Affair Last year's champ Gebre Gebremariam is back, but he'll face a slew of challengers, including Kenya's new phenom Paul Tanui (click here to see Tanui dominate the Kenyan nationals by 30 seconds), Uganda's great hope and last year's silver medallist Moses Kipsirio and others (Leonard Komen and Joseph Ebuya). Plus a Spanish dude even thinks he can win.
The Rage - Barefoot Running Discussion
The Science Of Sport - Q&A On Barefoot Running Part 1 *Part 2 *Part 3 *Part 4 Almost every day, we answer questions from friends and acquaintances about the barefoot running push. Our friends at Science of Sport are hosting a lengthy discussion of the topic.
LRC Can't Miss: Training Talk #6 With Craig Virgin Two-time World Cross-Country champion and two-time American record holder Craig Virgin joined us for Training Talk #6 and talked about a wide range of subjects, including his high school and college training, his time with Nike and Athletics West, racing 3 times in 4 days during a "front-loaded" career, and Jimmy Carter and the 1980 US Olympic Boycott that cost Virgin his best shot at an Olympic medal. Virgin is a true ambassador of US distance running and one of the greatest-ever US distance runners - whether you're looking for training advice, inspiration or entertainment, his stories and opinions are a must-hear.