I'll make this short and sweet :
1. Sleep, I know it's important. It's the summer though, and I have unlimited time on my hands. Would it make a gigantic difference if I were to sleep at 1 A.M, and wake up at 10 A.M, than if I were to sleep at 9 P.M and wake up at 6 A.M?
2. How does my week look running wise for a 40 MPW week? I'm at around 19:50 5k shape.
Monday - 4 miles 8:15 pace
Tuesday - 6 miles, first 3 miles at 8:25, last 3 at tempo 7:00 - 6:55 pace.
Wedsnesday - 5 miles
Thursday - 7 miles
Friday - 4 miles
Saturday - 10 miles 8:10 pace
Sunday - 4 miles recovery pace (9:00 lol)
What would you change? I'm usually really good at long distances, but my times are abysmal the lower distance the event. (ex : last season I was 19:00 5K, and at a 5:33 mile, my 800 was 2:36.) I'm not sure if I should add hills, increase mileage, etc.
3. What do you guys eat for lunch? May sound weird, but I really struggle with this. I cannot figure out what to put in. I eat oatmeal and spaghetti for breakfast and dinner, but lunch man, I don't know.
4. Are strides necessary for the end of a run? How many should I do estimated? I only do like 6 strides on a 100m distance.
5. I'm considering getting spikes, my trainers at the moment are the Ghost 10s, would it make a huge difference to spend money for spikes? Would it increase my times by that much?
That's really all, incase you need to know, here's some things about me.
5'4 Male 94 lbs Sophomore