rojo
co-founder
Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 11:20AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've signed it as it's a joke that the 2003 World 100 champion who has PRd this year at age 37 at 9.97 wouldn't be named to the Saint Kitts & Nevis team simply because his federation doesn't like him. Remember last year Collins was kicked out of the Olympics after he left he visit to have a conjugal visit with his wife.

You can sign the petition here:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/iaaf-to-allow-kim-collins-to-compete-at-the-world-athletics-championships

Article on the petition here:

http://www.athleticsweekly.com/news/fans-start-petition-to-see-kim-collins-compete-in-moscow/?
marijuologist
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 11:25AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The IAAF isn't keeping him out. He needs to run for St. Vincent and the Grenadines or something.
Sprintgeezer
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 11:35AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
rojo--

Do you know sufficient facts to conclude that it's "a joke"?

If so, please share them.

I love Collins more than anybody on this board, and I can't sign this petition, because I don't know enough about what is going on.

Something's fishy, the situation just doesn't seem to make sense, unless 1 of 2 things:

1) Collins bears some of the responsibility, or

2) the federation is insane,

or some combination of the two.

Without knowing more facts, I personally cannot conclude that the federation is not doing the right thing.

If you believe the federation is just insane, explain to us why, not using conclusions, but instead reasoning. No simple conclusions like "banning the guy who put the country on the map, for a minor rule infraction, is proof of insanity".

That would only be proof of insanity if what was generally known were ALL the facts of the situation. Only Collins and the federation really know what is going on.

Sure I want to see him in Moscow--but not, for instance, if he is doping, or has committed some other serious rule infraction.

Why don't you ask the federation, or Collins, for more information?
Ben L. Wrong
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 11:53AM - in reply to Sprintgeezer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Remember that SKN female athlete (Tameka Williams) who tested positive in London. Suddenly...Kim Collins was a DNS in the 100m heats, (it was very fishy, because he was entered in the start lists, and that "DNS" was announced the same day of the heats)

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/london-olympics-2012/st-kitts-sprinter-williams-sent-home-after-testing-positive_746425.html

What if Collins was with his wife in a hotel -outside of the village- for to avoid the testers?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/9452504/London-2012-Olympics-sprinter-Kim-Collins-sent-home-for-spending-night-with-his-wife.html

Moreover...what supplement did she take?

Here more facts

http://www.sknvibes.com/news/newsdetails.cfm/61198
The Waterboy
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 12:11PM - in reply to Ben L. Wrong Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
One thing that needs to be made clear is that Kim Collins willingly left himself off the team for his home country. I agree that it was stupid of his country to not let him participate in the Olympics when he went to see his wife/coach, but he made it clear after the Olympics that he would never compete for them again, so it was his own doing that he wasn't named to the team and not his country's fault.
No
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 12:17PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No.
might be wejo
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 12:32PM - in reply to Sprintgeezer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Sprintgeezer wrote:


If you believe the federation is just insane, explain to us why, not using conclusions, but instead reasoning.



Hah, good luck with that hombre.
rojo the hippie
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 12:38PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ROJO the hippie, Why should he get to run? He ran 9.97 at age 37. So what . If he didn't like the politics of some third world country he should have got U.S. citizenship when he was at TCU. He should have followed the rules last year and afterward kept his mouth shut or gone to another country. You say oh my this is a terrible injustice! I say who cares. Go burn a bra too while you're at it.
rojo
co-founder
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 12:43PM - in reply to Sprintgeezer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Sprintgeezer wrote:



Sure I want to see him in Moscow--but not, for instance, if he is doping, or has committed some other serious rule infraction.

Why don't you ask the federation, or Collins, for more information?


For all of the people asking about doping. That's absurd. If his not running in the Olympics had something to do with doping, we'd have heard about it now and he would have been banned - not running 9.97 this year.

What other 'serious rule violation' is there? I can think of none.

I'm not some moral police here. In the US, if you get top 3, you go to Worlds. It doesn't matter if you speed, cheat on your boyrfriend or girlfriend or boyfriends and girlfriends.

In his small country, if you run 9.97, you should go.

-Rojo
PS. To be truthful, I didn't even read the petition that I signed. No joke. Didn't read it.
Sprintgeezer
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 1:38PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
didn't read the petition?

lol, excellent.

You claim to not be moral police, but what is your basis for agreeing with the sentiment of the petition?

Probably something like, you think an injustice is occurring and you want it righted. It doesn't matter who it's against--Collins, SKN citizens, t&f fans, Moscow attendees--you think it's "wrong" for some reason, and that reason is likely a moral one.

In fact, if all the known facts are to be believed and it is believed also that those are ALL the facts, then your argument MUST be a moral one, because it appears that the federation has acted in accordance with applicable law and regulation, and well within the scope of their authority.

So, you might not want to be so quick in claiming that you're not judging in your moral capacity.

One other thing--it's amazing with recent doping revelations, that you think that information would surely have been released and a ban would surely have been instituted had Collins been doping, or had he been somehow associated with doping or with those connected to doping.

I have written MANY times on here, and for many years, that I believe that Collins could well be clean, and that I believe that he is--but even I would never claim to know all the facts, EVEN WHERE an athlete has returned positive test results, and EVEN WHERE an athlete has accepted sanctions.

Again, in your journalistic capacity, why don't you ask Collins, using open-ended questions, if he could elaborate on the relationship between himself and his federation, or if he could provide further details concerning his potential representation of SKN in Moscow?

It looks like everybody is against you on this one, including Collins' biggest fan--me.
rodents attack runners
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 1:39PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rojo wrote:


-Rojo
PS. To be truthful, I didn't even read the petition that I signed. No joke. Didn't read it.


WOW - you are, like, SO enlightened and stuff!
Runner85
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 4:57PM - in reply to Sprintgeezer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Either he gets a ban for doping, or he should be on the team. I don't see how it is a debate.
Sprintgeezer
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/22/2013 5:13PM - in reply to Runner85 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Runner85: "I don't see how it is a debate."


That, is why you fail.
Querfeldein
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/23/2013 10:47AM - in reply to Sprintgeezer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Sprintgeezer wrote:

Something's fishy, the situation just doesn't seem to make sense, unless 1 of 2 things:

1) Collins bears some of the responsibility, or

2) the federation is insane,

or some combination of the two.




It's a combination of the two. Collins probably bears some responsibility for flaunting the rule, but I think the rule was stupid, and the punishment overly harsh.

If Kim Collins wanted to, he could probably run for Turkey or Quatar. I think the fact that he does not speaks for him.
dc area runner
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/23/2013 11:23AM - in reply to Querfeldein Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This thread should be deleted.
Sprintgeezer
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/23/2013 11:33AM - in reply to dc area runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think it is to Rojo's absolute credit that he admitted to not having read the petition, and that he leaves on the site a thread in which the overwhelming majority of the posters disagree with him.

Sure his initial post may have been impetuous, but what the heck, this isn't a deposition.
Josh Hamilton's Addiction
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/23/2013 12:14PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rojo wrote:
who has PRd this year at age 37 at 9.97


This guy PRed at 37? He's doping. Screw him.
Equal treatment for all
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/23/2013 1:22PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Collins got busted and was able to back pedal to cover it up with all the classic accepted excuses. Im surprised why we are seeing support on this site of a known drug user that skated the system. Either be 100% against drug usage and any and all associations rather than pick and choose favorites.
Domitian
RE: Fans start petition to get Kim Collins into 2013 Moscow WCs - Sign it now!!! 7/23/2013 11:38PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rojo wrote: I'm not some moral police here. In the US, if you get top 3, you go to Worlds. It doesn't matter if you speed, cheat on your boyrfriend or girlfriend or boyfriends and girlfriends.

In his small country, if you run 9.97, you should go.

-Rojo
PS. To be truthful, I didn't even read the petition that I signed. No joke. Didn't read it.


Heyyy..... chief censor/moral police RoJo sounds like...

TiBeriUSSSS!!!