Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
VIPAM
MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/20/2013 12:45PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"I'm just focusing on winning more medals and representing my country well." Every dominant distance runner have had a few time trial races in their career while they we're in peak form except, Mo Farah and Bernard Lagat in the 5000m.

Why would athletes in this case Mo Farah who is clearly in shape to crack the All-Time Top 5 in the 5000m and 10000m, not want to test their true limit in their primary events?
killarney
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/20/2013 12:48PM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Perhaps because he doesn't want to lose. And if Mo Farah runs a time trial going 12:45 pace and drops off, the Ethiopians know how to beat him.
jjjjjjjjj
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/20/2013 2:24PM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
he may not want to expose his limits or may not want to risk peaking at a non-championship race, but his legacy depends on the time trials as well as the championships. Without the time trials he will go down in history as the best of the latter part of his era and that's it. he needs world records or a range of times close to the world records (e.g. the 3:28.81 is incredibly good for a 5000/10000 runner but he needs still to add times close to 7:20/12:37/26:17) to be seen as one of the all-timers.
who knows
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/20/2013 2:28PM - in reply to jjjjjjjjj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

jjjjjjjjj wrote:

he may not want to expose his limits or may not want to risk peaking at a non-championship race, but his legacy depends on the time trials as well as the championships. Without the time trials he will go down in history as the best of the latter part of his era and that's it. he needs world records or a range of times close to the world records (e.g. the 3:28.81 is incredibly good for a 5000/10000 runner but he needs still to add times close to 7:20/12:37/26:17) to be seen as one of the all-timers.

Well said
Skater
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/20/2013 2:53PM - in reply to who knows Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you want to attract AD attention, break WR's that are deemed unbreakable. USA is a great place to dope, but not a great place to stay undetected. USADA are strangely...unbuyable.
Mo has trouble controlling himself anyways, judging from his last laps where he is allowed to let himself go.
Same as cyclist in killer form who won't give the hour record a go. It's not because they can't. It's because they will be sitting ducks. Stinking ducks. In a stadium full of foxes.
VIPAM
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/21/2013 10:00AM - in reply to Skater Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Does anyone remember that Mo Farah got a slow start due to an injury this year and said he was behind Galen Rupp in training?

Now the 5000m/10000m guy just lays down a 3:28.81 1500m without training specifically for the 1500m. really, Really, REALLY!

Didn't he also ran a 1/2 marathon this year, now a 1500m which placed him in the all-time top 10, and in less then 9 months he will run a full marathon. REMEMBER when the Chinese- 1993-2001- women was displaying such unheard of versatility in a less then 12 month span, what most posters were say...

SO WHAT ABOUT MO?
VIPAM
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/21/2013 10:07AM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Mindboggling, 3:28.81 really? He doesn't even train for the 1500m and lays down 3:28.81 in his first outdoor 1500m, REALLY?

He could run sub 12:45 and sub 26:30 this year but not interested in WR or time trailing the 5000m/10000m because he only wants to focus on medals and representing his country, REALLY?

-WOW
Brianruns10
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/21/2013 10:19AM - in reply to jjjjjjjjj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

jjjjjjjjj wrote:

Mega, mega, dittos. Farah is a great, great runner, but if he wants to make a legit stab at entering the pantheon of The Greatest of All Time, he HAS to set a world record. This is, I think, more important even than Olympic/World gold. Ron Clarke never won Olympic or Commonwealth Gold, but still is one of the GOATs because of the more than a dozen world marks he set, from 2 miles to 20K. Because gold medalists come every other year or every four. WR holders are far, far more rare
Well . . .
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/21/2013 10:21AM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

VIPAM wrote:

Does anyone remember that Mo Farah got a slow start due to an injury this year and said he was behind Galen Rupp in training?

Now the 5000m/10000m guy just lays down a 3:28.81 1500m without training specifically for the 1500m. really, Really, REALLY!

Didn't he also ran a 1/2 marathon this year, now a 1500m which placed him in the all-time top 10, and in less then 9 months he will run a full marathon. REMEMBER when the Chinese- 1993-2001- women was displaying such unheard of versatility in a less then 12 month span, what most posters were say...

SO WHAT ABOUT MO?

Okay, in fairness to Farah, if he were like the Chinese women it would be like he went out and ran 3:20, 7:10, 12:25 and 25:50.
VIPAM
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/22/2013 11:55AM - in reply to Well . . . Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ARE YOU SERIOUS or you just started keeping up with track and field. The women's track distance records are much softer then the men's. The men WR's are very close to what many think are the current human limits from the 1500m to 10000m, not saying that can't be broken- just that they are much harder to break then the women's WR's.

Mo Farah has never time trialed 3000m, 5000m, and 10000m since he erupted on the scene. No doubt he can significantly improve on his 7:38 3000m, 5000m, and 10000m if he tried a time trail like his 1500m.

Still doesn't change the fact that this man became one of the fastest 1500m runners ever and will step up to the marathon less then 10 months later, like the Chinese women!

So why is Mo Farah against chasing fast times,

"I won't be after any WR I choose to focus on medals and representing my country".

WTF? Doesn't he want to be consider the greatest of all-time like most SUPER elite athletes? So what's the deal?
reed
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/22/2013 12:03PM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
he basically is training specifically for the 1500m. he just races 5k/10k.

the half marathon was just a moderate run for him. 61 mid i think

what he does in 9 months has nothing to do with what he's doing now. it's not like his marathon debut is going to be his best marathon.
WhyNot?
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/22/2013 12:45PM - in reply to reed Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
All three of the guys who ran sub 12:40 had to do a vast majority of the work themselves. All alone. Running against time - alone - is much, much harder than just drafting off someone and passing them in the final 200m.
PleaseLeave
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/22/2013 2:46PM - in reply to reed Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Everything you said is ridiculous. I hope you're just playing ignorant and you're not really that stupid!
EPOpian
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/22/2013 3:00PM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Maybe Farah is actually a 1500 man deep down?
VIPAM
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/22/2013 3:37PM - in reply to EPOpian Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The fact that he started training late this year, not training specifically on the 1500m, is past 30 years old, and just destroyed his already world class 1500m pb by over 5 seconds in his first 1500m of the season is more then suspicious.

I don't know if Galen Rupp is on anything but Mo Farah just went on my suspect EPO list! That's why he don't want to bring anymore attention to himself by breaking WR and didn't seem to happy about his 1500m pb, almost like he wish he didn't run that fast in some of his interviews!
Salangzar
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/22/2013 4:00PM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

VIPAM wrote:

The fact that he started training late this year, not training specifically on the 1500m, is past 30 years old, and just destroyed his already world class 1500m pb by over 5 seconds in his first 1500m of the season is more then suspicious.

I don't know if Galen Rupp is on anything but Mo Farah just went on my suspect EPO list! That's why he don't want to bring anymore attention to himself by breaking WR and didn't seem to happy about his 1500m pb, almost like he wish he didn't run that fast in some of his interviews!

Well the clock is ticking. We are hearing more than a few rumors of troubles ahead for Salazar. We hear of he and his son testing products on themselves, we hear of thyroids and many other TUIs.........it's all been a bit suspicious for more than a few years. There are proper journalists on the case (the real ones.....British) and it seems the clock is ticking for AS. Let's hope that Farah can survive this; maybe as the 13:10 guy he was before they say he went to the dark side.
curiosity
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/22/2013 4:06PM - in reply to Salangzar Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well the clock is ticking. We are hearing more than a few rumors of troubles ahead for Salazar. We hear of he and his son testing products on themselves, we hear of thyroids and many other TUIs.........it's all been a bit suspicious for more than a few years. There are proper journalists on the case (the real ones.....British) and it seems the clock is ticking for AS. Let's hope that Farah can survive this; maybe as the 13:10 guy he was before they say he went to the dark side.

ya ok they doping that obvious to me as i been around pro sport

but you made that s1ht up....
Interesting aspect
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/22/2013 4:22PM - in reply to curiosity Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Remember when track was about racing and not time.

Racing is what gets remembered
Ho Hum
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/22/2013 5:45PM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

VIPAM wrote:

ARE YOU SERIOUS or you just started keeping up with track and field. The women's track distance records are much softer then the men's. The men WR's are very close to what many think are the current human limits from the 1500m to 10000m, not saying that can't be broken- just that they are much harder to break then the women's WR's.
=

Huh? I would say the women's records aren't just close to human limits, they're past them. Look at how old the women's records are, what the f*ck makes you think they're soft?

Look at the ages of women's records:
100 25
200 25
400 27
800 30
1500 20
mile 17
3000 20
5000 5
10000 20
Creepy Cracker
RE: MO FARAH: After his 3:28.81 1500m, C. Jackson ask when will you go for WR? Mo's response... 7/22/2013 7:00PM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

VIPAM wrote:

Mo Farah has never time trialed 3000m, 5000m, and 10000m since he erupted on the scene. No doubt he can significantly improve on his 7:38 3000m, 5000m, and 10000m if he tried a time trail like his 1500m.
Still doesn't change the fact that this man became one of the fastest 1500m runners ever and will step up to the marathon less then 10 months later, like the Chinese women!
So why is Mo Farah against chasing fast times,
"I won't be after any WR I choose to focus on medals and representing my country".

WTF? Doesn't he want to be consider the greatest of all-time like most SUPER elite athletes? So what's the deal?

Answer to last question: no, maybe he doesn't want to be considered the greatest of all time. He might be satisfied if he set national records and wins a ton of medals against the best in the world during his era.

Also.... Please learn the difference between then and than. 'Then' has to do with sequence, i.e. This THEN that. 'Than' has more to do with selection or choices, I.e. This rather THAN that. You used the word wrong all three times you used it
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |