help me out here....?
Is there any benefit in doing doubles only 3 hours apart? 1/15/2013 8:52PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Due to some schedule conflicts, on Wednesday, if I want to double I have to do my runs only 3 hours apart.. that is, run from 8-8:30 AM then do the second run at 11:30 AM. Is this too short, or is it fine? I usually end up doing 4-5 hours between doubles (summer is more preferable when I can get a few more hours in between them).
jhb
RE: Is there any benefit in doing doubles only 3 hours apart? 1/15/2013 8:56PM - in reply to help me out here....? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
why wouldn't it be beneficial?
coach d
RE: Is there any benefit in doing doubles only 3 hours apart? 1/15/2013 8:58PM - in reply to help me out here....? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You might ask the Kenyans. They typically do a shakeout run at 7 AM, then the main session at 10 AM or so. It takes about 36 hours for skeletal muscles to fully repair the muscle damage from a hard workout, so the Kenyan method provides for more adequate recovery.
more than you think
RE: Is there any benefit in doing doubles only 3 hours apart? 1/15/2013 9:20PM - in reply to help me out here....? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think you'll be ok, but obviously everybody is unique so see how you feel and go from there.

The Kenyan schedules I've seen (from "Train Hard, Win Easy" and "More Fire") often include doubles at 6am, and 10am or triples at 6am, 10am, and around 3pm. Main workout is usually the one at 10am.

You'll be in good company.
question..........
RE: Is there any benefit in doing doubles only 3 hours apart? 1/16/2013 12:15AM - in reply to more than you think Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
thanks, i'll do the double then but try to go easy.
Donkey plums revisited
RE: Is there any benefit in doing doubles only 3 hours apart? 1/16/2013 1:12AM - in reply to help me out here....? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Any particular reason you can't just move the first run up to 6am?
help me out here...?
RE: Is there any benefit in doing doubles only 3 hours apart? 1/16/2013 1:19AM - in reply to Donkey plums revisited Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Want to try to get more sleep..