roverhumpfree
Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/15/2013 4:23PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
They are known to be good friends, do you think they have shared more than training secrets??
Jon Ulm
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/15/2013 8:02PM - in reply to roverhumpfree Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I was not aware that they were friends although it would seem like a perfect fit. I don't even remember Mr. Salazar mentioning Lance in his autobiography.

If they are friends then Mr. Armstrong probably wouldn't want to blow the whistle on Mr. Salazar. No reason to make unnecessary enemies when he needs every friend he can get.
jackettarget
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/15/2013 8:07PM - in reply to Jon Ulm Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
yes they are good friends, salazar helped train him when he did his marathon and even ran with him for a few miles when there was that circus of people pacing him and handing him his fluid and drugs for the marathon.
bangalangadanga
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/15/2013 9:20PM - in reply to jackettarget Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
wait, salazar paced lance through the first 10 miles of his marathon. El Guerrouj paced lance through the last 10k.

Shi* is about to get real.

Lance - Salazar - El Guerrouj
Daedalus
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/15/2013 9:22PM - in reply to bangalangadanga Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Joanie was in there too.
I<3pizza
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/15/2013 9:27PM - in reply to Jon Ulm Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Lance wrote the forward to Alsals book

Jon Ulm wrote:

I was not aware that they were friends although it would seem like a perfect fit. I don't even remember Mr. Salazar mentioning Lance in his autobiography.

If they are friends then Mr. Armstrong probably wouldn't want to blow the whistle on Mr. Salazar. No reason to make unnecessary enemies when he needs every friend he can get.
asfhlsdhifuh
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/15/2013 9:31PM - in reply to roverhumpfree Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
padma
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/15/2013 9:34PM - in reply to asfhlsdhifuh Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
lol.
Hydelberg
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/16/2013 12:46AM - in reply to asfhlsdhifuh Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
George W. Bush is a personal friend as well?
Donkey plums revisited
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/16/2013 1:16AM - in reply to Hydelberg Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Hydelberg wrote:

George W. Bush is a personal friend as well?

And W. is also a friend of the brojos. It's all starting to make sense now.
bangalangadanga
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/16/2013 9:45AM - in reply to Donkey plums revisited Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
it's almost too easy
Randy Oldman
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/16/2013 9:56AM - in reply to Daedalus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Daedalus wrote:

Joanie was in there too.

So was number #233 Brian Wilder (UK)

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/10/28/health/28well_lancea/blogSpan.jpg
redux
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/16/2013 10:05AM - in reply to Randy Oldman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I like Lance's number.
heuytheremaut
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/16/2013 10:19AM - in reply to the famous Max Magooski Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Graeme McDowell
RE: Will Lance bring down Salazar 1/16/2013 10:21AM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Despite the jokes you have to wonder what role, if any, Nike played in all of this. It's hard to imagine they didn't know anything was going on.