Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
#thereturn
Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 12:00PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
http://itsracetime.com/Results.aspx?ID=537

From his twitter:

30m Lukas Verzbicas ‏@LukasVerzbicas
Couldn't be any more thankful to have had the opportunity to compete again today #HappyTurkeyDay

20 Nov Lukas Verzbicas ‏@LukasVerzbicas
Running my hometown turkey trot this thanksgiving #thereturn
RuKiddingme!!!
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 12:05PM - in reply to #thereturn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Must be a joke.
the bigger question
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 2:01PM - in reply to #thereturn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Damn that is a competitive turkey trot.

#thereturn wrote:

From his twitter:

Couldn't be any more thankful to have had the opportunity to compete again today #HappyTurkeyDay

here is why
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 2:10PM - in reply to the bigger question Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

the bigger question wrote:

Damn that is a competitive turkey trot.

#thereturn wrote:

From his twitter:

Looks like it's only 2.5 miles
yagtash
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 2:15PM - in reply to the bigger question Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
WTFFFFFFF???????? he ran 5:25 pace for a 2.5 mile road race?? This kid seemed like he was on the verge of being paralyzed and was probably never expected to move around normally again, much less be able to jog, and now he's running sub 5:30 pace. Absolutely unreal improvement from such a deep low point.

To be honest, I stopped being a fan of his after the Oregon thing, but this recovery and return to sports is heartwarming as fvck. Very happy for him and his family.
Idontevenknow
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 2:19PM - in reply to #thereturn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeah, it was a 2.5 miler. 5:25 pace for 2.5 miles = 13:32.

On an unrelated note, it's BS that he beat that other guy by .4 gun time only to find out that the dude started a second later on chip time.
yagtash
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 2:24PM - in reply to Idontevenknow Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Idontevenknow wrote:

On an unrelated note, it's BS that he beat that other guy by .4 gun time only to find out that the dude started a second later on chip time.

I suspect that they ran together and finished together on purpose. Probably a friend or teammate.
knife
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 2:29PM - in reply to yagtash Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I saw Lukas give a "public speaking" appearance this past Sunday in Westchester IL. Pretty humble kid. You can tell he is still not back to his normal body weight. He gave an intersting talk. Glad to see him rounding back in shape. If he can run that pace after only walking a few weeks? He is far from done.
#thereturn
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 2:52PM - in reply to Idontevenknow Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nicholas Prajka is a senior at Sandburg high school so he is a former team mate of Lukas.

Idontevenknow wrote:

coach d
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 2:59PM - in reply to #thereturn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Absolutely phenomenal performance after what he's been through.

Glad to see him getting back.
J.R.
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 3:14PM - in reply to yagtash Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Lucas is amazing and inspirational.

I wonder if still has the bars in his back, and if they're going to be removed.

Good for him keeping at it and running again.
knife
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 3:22PM - in reply to J.R. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
At his event last Sunday he stated he was looking to return to elite Tri Competition by this Spring.
hkl
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 3:36PM - in reply to #thereturn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This is f*cking remarkable. Is this 100% legit?

I know he's not off breaking records but this still might be the greatest recovery I've ever seen.
knife
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 3:40PM - in reply to hkl Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes. It's legit. The kid is as tough as they come.
#thereturn
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 5:23PM - in reply to knife Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
And to make it even more impressive, I saw that the course is described as a cross country course, it wasn't even a road race!
big dog
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 5:39PM - in reply to #thereturn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
LV is nails. Who would have guessed he'd be this far along at this stage. Love the kid.
High Wire
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 6:52PM - in reply to big dog Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So much for my one shot to ever beat the kid!

Pretty amazing.
news guy
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 8:33PM - in reply to High Wire Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
After seeing the pics and videos of him after the accident, I honestly thought he was done for good. I am completely amazed that he was able to do this today. Seriously, I am an absolutely huge fan of his from here on out.
Yawn.
RE: Lukas Verzbicas Runs Hometown Turkey Trot 11/22/2012 8:50PM - in reply to RCOK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He is just an attention YOU KNOW WHAT. Quit bragging buddy lots of people have recovered from an injury and not made a big deal about it.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |