coach bigfoot
When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 10:58AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm having an argument with my roommate, what time is the hottest part of the day? Mainly in Michigan, but any other place will do.

If you have proof that would be great. Oh, and to make this running-related, when do you run during the hotter parts of the year?
Dingler
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 11:09AM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'd say around 3 PM. Go to the weather channel website. They have hour by hour reports for pretty much every city in the US going back for years.
coach bigfoot
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 11:12AM - in reply to Dingler Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Dingler wrote:

I'd say around 3 PM. Go to the weather channel website. They have hour by hour reports for pretty much every city in the US going back for years.

I tried finding that and failed, could you send me a link?
coach bigfoot
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 11:15AM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The best thing I could find was the last 5 days.
Garrr
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 11:38AM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
more like 1:45 p.m., probably
Kele
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 11:41AM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
3-6pm depending on location and time of year.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/ctl/clisci0.html

One thing to note is that official temperatures are measured in the shade, so the time at which it feels hottest when in direct sunlight may be a bit earlier because the sun being higher in the sky will have more of an effect.
bhoworld
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 11:58AM - in reply to Kele Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
+1
i know im a dick
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 12:19PM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"When is the hottest part of the day?"

when the temperature is at its highest
slappy goldstein
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 12:36PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'll go ahead and give myself a
+1
coach bigfoot
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 1:05PM - in reply to slappy goldstein Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
+3 for me
dasfadsfdsf
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 4:16PM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
BUMP
bhonumbertwo
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 4:47PM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
There is no absolute answer, but this discusses it a bit.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/weather/2008/05/q-what-is-the-w.html
james rome
RE: When is the hottest part of the day? 4/23/2009 5:01PM - in reply to slappy goldstein Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Now that's a great post,,,,,, RACK HIM!